Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Speaking of MONO, earlier this week I received The Rolling Stones mono box set, Japanese edition, all SHM CD. I absolutely love it, packaging is fantastic, all 7X7 jackets and box. Sounds great. The Japanese do such a great job.

Frank Zappa - Weasels Ripped My Flesh. LP....Popmarket. Hell yes!

One of my top 5 favorite Zappa albums. Luv the original Mothers. Is the first song, "Didja Get Any Onya", around 6:50 long? The reason I ask is that the original LP version was about 3:44. The longer version is on the CD that I have. The longer version contains a 7/8 sequence which was edited out of the original LP. This section starts at 3:44 was used as the background music for "The Blimp" on the Captain Beefheart album "Trout Mask Replica".

If you have the shorter version and want to hear this, here is "DYGA" (start at 3:44) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpA4XpnnI_U

Last edited:
Emerson,Lake and Palmer-Welcome Back My Friends[most recent cd remaster]........David Bowie-Who Can I Be Now[cd box]

Just placed an order for this album. Metallica...I really LOVE the sound of Moth To Flame. Good stuff.

hardwired.jpg

Just pre-ordered on Pledge Music
Grandaddy - Last Place, 'cos I'm a fan and really pleased they are up and running again,
also from pledge Lifesigns - Cardington.
And recently got Big Big Train - English Electric, the new double CD with the songs in a new different order.

Just thought I'd add an edit and mention that I recently got a few old vinyl LPs,
Van der Graaf Generator - The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other
Cozy Powell - Octopuss
Golden Earring - To The Hilt
Wishbone Ash - Wishbone Ash
Widowmaker - Too Late To Cry

Luuurve the Wishbone & Van Der Graaf.:sun

Are the the calendar and Killer LP in tact, or did they fall Under Your Wheels?

The album cover itself is a bit worse for wear. The front and back covers both have "rings" where the record lies inside. The calendar is a bit more messed up. At one point I had it, and all the other posters that came with albums back then (200 Motels, DSOTM, Best of Guess Who, an Elton John one that's a drawing of the 4 guys plus Bernie and Ray Cooper and pictures of 9 albums thru the first Greatest Hits, a Jethro Tull "last supper" kinda poster which has Ian, Martin, Glenn, Clive, John, Jeffrey and Barrie... HOLY S**T, I forgot about all of these. Maybe old album posters should be a thread!!!) on my walls, then used the calendar picture as a folder to hold them all when I took them down. :smokin

Sorry if I got off topic but this was like a trip back in time. I bet I haven't seen these posters for 30 or 40 plus years. :yikes

One other slightly off topic thing, the band I was in during college did Under My Wheels and Be My Lover (among other AC songs). :worthy

Last edited:
Just put in an order for this Doors package.

Collector’s Edition Boxed Set Features Previously Unheard Concert Recordings From 1966 On CD And Vinyl
Includes 8 x 10 Prints Of Unseen Photos And Replica Memorabilia

Before The Doors took the music scene by storm in 1967, they were the house band at the London Fog, a Sunset Strip dive bar located just footsteps away from the world famous Whisky a Go Go, the future home of many of the band’s most legendary performances. The Doors will open a virtual time capsule in December with LONDON FOG 1966, a Collector’s Edition boxed set that features unearthed audio recorded at the club in May 1966. Previously unreleased and not even known to exist until recently, this marks the earliest recordings of the band and finds the quartet mixing blues covers with early versions of Doors originals.

LONDON FOG 1966 will be available as an individually numbered limited edition of 18,000 copies from Rhino/Bright Midnight Archives. Presented in a lift-top package designed to look like a vintage storage box, the set features seven songs on both CD and a 10-inch record that’s made to resemble a test pressing. Noted Doors engineer Bruce Botnick recently mastered the audio for this collection.

Along with the unreleased music, the set is packed with memorabilia and historic liner notes to provide a true time capsule of that fabled night at the London Fog, including a poster, the set list handwritten by John Densmore, a program for the Royce Hall UCLA student film screening, plus a London Fog coaster. There are also liner notes included from Sunset Strip legend Ronnie Haran-Mellen, who was the talent booker at the Whisky a Go Go. Haran-Mellen saw The Doors live for the first time at the London Fog and then booked them as the permanent house band at the Whisky, leading to the band’s signing to Elektra and meteoric rise to superstardom.

Also contributing liner notes is Nettie Peña, one of the lucky few to be in attendance at the London Fog for this fabled show. Peña was a pivotal force in this release coming together as she captured the audio on a ¼” reel to reel recorder, which was the property of the Los Angeles Unified School District. Her father was a teacher for LAUSD and let her borrow the recorder to take to the show. Peña also photographed the band that evening and five black and white 8x10 reprints of these unpublished photos are included in the Collector’s Edition, featuring a fresh-faced Morrison on a cramped stage with John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek.

The show featured on LONDON FOG 1966 took place the same year that The Doors recorded their eponymous debut. Released in January 1967, the album would become one of the most influential in rock history. Like many of the band’s early concerts, the show captured on this deluxe set reflects the group’s deep love for the blues with covers of standards like Muddy Waters’ “Rock Me” and “I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man.” The set also includes raw performances of “Baby, Please Don’t Go” (Big Joe Williams), “Don’t Fight It” (Wilson Pickett), and “Lucille” (Little Richard).

During their residency at the London Fog, The Doors frequently worked out new songs on stage that would eventually appear on various studio albums. At this show, the band played two originals. The first, “Strange Days,” would become the title track for the band’s second studio album, which also came out in 1967. This is one of the only known live recordings of this track. The other Doors original, “You Make Me Real,” wasn’t officially released on a studio album until Morrison Hotel in 1970.

“To hear ‘Strange Days,’ that came out on their second album, in almost final shape so early on was truly amazing,” says Jac Holzman, the President of Elektra Records who signed The Doors to their first recording contract.

Going back to the band’s earliest days is a natural starting point for The Doors 50th anniversary celebration.

Track Listing

1. Rock Me

2. Baby, Please Don’t Go

3. You Make Me Real

4. Don’t Fight It

5. I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man

6. Strange Days

7. Lucille

London Fog 1966 is a pre-order and will ship on or before street date, December 9th, 2016.

Neil Diamond - Velvet Gloves and Spit (Label Uni Records)

Sealed, mint. :) $13.99 via Discogs
The original album was released in 1968 and re-released in 1970 to include the song Shiloh. I have the 1970 version coming...

Gosh, sometimes I think I get in too big of a hurry. I had ordered this from Popmarket some time ago....I hadn't heard anything lately about it and wondered if something got messed up - so I send them an email inquiring about it....after several days went by, I just received this email, which I'll paste below. Makes me sad...but I'm a sucker for feeling sorry for folks...

To all of our loyal customers,
We have received your inquiry and would like to apologize for the delayed response. We want to assure you that we are working hard to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. The unfortunate reality is that there's been a tragedy within our customer service team. As a result, we've developed a backlog of customer service inquiries.
We understand that the holidays can be a stressful time for many, and it is not our intention to contribute to that in any way. We are a small team, but for the time being, we will have all hands on deck to ensure that we respond to all of your important questions. We take your concerns very seriously and appreciate your patience while we take the time to adequately address all of your concerns.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
-The popmarket team

Just put in an order for this Doors package.

Collector’s Edition Boxed Set Features Previously Unheard Concert Recordings From 1966 On CD And Vinyl
Includes 8 x 10 Prints Of Unseen Photos And Replica Memorabilia

Before The Doors took the music scene by storm in 1967, they were the house band at the London Fog, a Sunset Strip dive bar located just footsteps away from the world famous Whisky a Go Go, the future home of many of the band’s most legendary performances. The Doors will open a virtual time capsule in December with LONDON FOG 1966, a Collector’s Edition boxed set that features unearthed audio recorded at the club in May 1966. Previously unreleased and not even known to exist until recently, this marks the earliest recordings of the band and finds the quartet mixing blues covers with early versions of Doors originals.

LONDON FOG 1966 will be available as an individually numbered limited edition of 18,000 copies from Rhino/Bright Midnight Archives. Presented in a lift-top package designed to look like a vintage storage box, the set features seven songs on both CD and a 10-inch record that’s made to resemble a test pressing. Noted Doors engineer Bruce Botnick recently mastered the audio for this collection.

Along with the unreleased music, the set is packed with memorabilia and historic liner notes to provide a true time capsule of that fabled night at the London Fog, including a poster, the set list handwritten by John Densmore, a program for the Royce Hall UCLA student film screening, plus a London Fog coaster. There are also liner notes included from Sunset Strip legend Ronnie Haran-Mellen, who was the talent booker at the Whisky a Go Go. Haran-Mellen saw The Doors live for the first time at the London Fog and then booked them as the permanent house band at the Whisky, leading to the band’s signing to Elektra and meteoric rise to superstardom.

Also contributing liner notes is Nettie Peña, one of the lucky few to be in attendance at the London Fog for this fabled show. Peña was a pivotal force in this release coming together as she captured the audio on a ¼” reel to reel recorder, which was the property of the Los Angeles Unified School District. Her father was a teacher for LAUSD and let her borrow the recorder to take to the show. Peña also photographed the band that evening and five black and white 8x10 reprints of these unpublished photos are included in the Collector’s Edition, featuring a fresh-faced Morrison on a cramped stage with John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek.

The show featured on LONDON FOG 1966 took place the same year that The Doors recorded their eponymous debut. Released in January 1967, the album would become one of the most influential in rock history. Like many of the band’s early concerts, the show captured on this deluxe set reflects the group’s deep love for the blues with covers of standards like Muddy Waters’ “Rock Me” and “I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man.” The set also includes raw performances of “Baby, Please Don’t Go” (Big Joe Williams), “Don’t Fight It” (Wilson Pickett), and “Lucille” (Little Richard).

During their residency at the London Fog, The Doors frequently worked out new songs on stage that would eventually appear on various studio albums. At this show, the band played two originals. The first, “Strange Days,” would become the title track for the band’s second studio album, which also came out in 1967. This is one of the only known live recordings of this track. The other Doors original, “You Make Me Real,” wasn’t officially released on a studio album until Morrison Hotel in 1970.

“To hear ‘Strange Days,’ that came out on their second album, in almost final shape so early on was truly amazing,” says Jac Holzman, the President of Elektra Records who signed The Doors to their first recording contract.

Going back to the band’s earliest days is a natural starting point for The Doors 50th anniversary celebration.

Track Listing

1. Rock Me

2. Baby, Please Don’t Go

3. You Make Me Real

4. Don’t Fight It

5. I’m Your Hoochie Coochie Man

6. Strange Days

7. Lucille

London Fog 1966 is a pre-order and will ship on or before street date, December 9th, 2016.

Back