Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on Pause and Play the other day and saw that there is a remastered Rain Parade coming out August 4th. It is one of my favorites that I own on lp and cd. I am sure I will also purchase the remaster. I also saw that a new Dream Syndicate release is coming out. Good times for the Paisley Underground.

Brand new copies of these 2 classic vinyls...

Powerage

Powerage.jpg

'74 Jailbreak

Jailbreak.jpg

Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind - stereo World Record Club LP.
Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes - stereo reissue 45 rpm single.
Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby - stereo reissue 45 rpm single.

I also have bids on a couple of stereo first pressing LPs from the very early 1960s. Time will tell!

Donovan - Storyteller (SACD stereo)
Found a mint used copy for $49 shipped.

Man, ever since I joined this forum it has cost me :mad: You keep suggesting great things I've never heard of!

Just ordered Storyteller for a little bit more (but mint unopened :D )

Waiting on a great deal I found for the Buffalo Springfield box set of 4 HDCDs to arrive.

Gradually replacing my old Joni Mitchell CDs with HDCD upgrades, but I've got to wait while I scratch other itches :howl

Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
Pat Metheny Group - Offramp (SACD)
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (SACD)
Carole King - Tapestry (SACD)
Mariah Carey - Rainbow (Blu-spec CD2)
Deniece Williams - When Love Comes Calling
Glen Campbell - Adios (2 CD version)

OK, I've just gone off the deep-end. I just pre-ordered Queen - News Of The World 40th Anniversary.

I know, I know. It's super expensive considering you don't get a single high resolution version...not even in stereo. But...this is one of my most cherished titles and I guess the vinyl carries a lot of weight for me. Then, all the alternate versions of the songs....and the book with unreleased photos.

I don't need everyone to tell me I've wasted my money....cause...for me...no waste. I cannot wait! I'll cherish this stuff forever. :)

Recent re-issues.
I'm living in the past, but loving the low prices to supplement and upgrade scratchy vinyl as physical media slowly dies.

Been on a Kind of Blue trip lately.
Currently reading a book-length history, analysis, & critique after recently pulling the trigger on a sealed Sony Japan 5.1 SACD.

This should be an awesome supplement: Ten albums on four CDs of Bill Evans as a leader, soloist, side man and live.

$11.99

71wSiMDf7hL._SL1000_.jpg

Dr John’s classic run on Atco.

Bought Desitively Bonnaroo on release in 73, it's always been rare on CD.

In The Right Place is where ELP heard the expression Brain Salad Surgery in 1972.
Wore out two copies on vinyl.

$26.53

81DTFFZZD%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

The Meters classic 70s albums, most of which I bought on vinyl when released.
They backed up Dr John on the final two and arguably best of the above albums.
Also Labelle on the Nightbirds quad SACD.

$12.19

51%2BNfRDBMsL.jpg

OK, I've just gone off the deep-end. I just pre-ordered Queen - News Of The World 40th Anniversary.

I know, I know. It's super expensive considering you don't get a single high resolution version...not even in stereo. But...this is one of my most cherished titles and I guess the vinyl carries a lot of weight for me. Then, all the alternate versions of the songs....and the book with unreleased photos.

I don't need everyone to tell me I've wasted my money....cause...for me...no waste. I cannot wait! I'll cherish this stuff forever. :)

OK - some voice in the back of my head told me to cancel the order...which I did. Good thing....now that the new Rush boxset with Wilson mix is coming out. :phones

Just thought I would mention the upcoming Verteran's Day holiday in the US....that means NO mail delivery this Saturday Nov 11th...just wanted Gos to know so he doesn't try to take the letter carrier hostage:violin

Back