Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I would mention the upcoming Verteran's Day holiday in the US....that means NO mail delivery this Saturday Nov 11th...just wanted Gos to know so he doesn't try to take the letter carrier hostage:violin

Yes! I lucked out then....when I ordered the Volunteers SACD last night, for some reason I chose the $2.99 option for shipping and I get it tomorrow. :banana:

Yes! I lucked out then....when I ordered the Volunteers SACD last night, for some reason I chose the $2.99 option for shipping and I get it tomorrow. :banana:

Congrats......but you 'poor thing'.......as if you have NOTHING else to listen to in your vast arsenal of music:yikes

BTW, Volunteers is excellent but I do have the Quad Open Reel.........another missed opportunity, eh? :((n)

Finally! Just received email notification that Scorpions - Best Of shipped and will arrive on Tuesday. SACD

I cannot freaking wait for this one....

Snood's Picture Disc of ELO's "Out of The Blue" got delayed again :rolleyes:

Also waiting on the New Beatles Sgt Peppers Picture Disc and The Beatles Christmas Records Box :banana:

Hmmm thats about all in LP but the list is long on CD waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo long

Got about 30-35 new CDs coming from Black Friday on Best Buy (lotta decent filler stuff) 3.99 free shipping minus a couple 10 dollar gift cards and some 3.99 to 4.99 addon CDs from Amazon.

Stuff like

Ramones first album
Stooges Raw Power
Gary Wright Greatest
Aldo Nova
Gerry Rafferty City To City
Some old early Rod Stewart
A few Metallicas
and many more mainly 60 and 70s pop stuff

Gotta find another CD Shelf lol

What sux is after Snood ordered those, GOS turned Snood onto that Acoustic Sounds SACD sale :rolleyes: and bought a lot of those toooooooooooo:yikes

Totally forgot I had ordered Jeff Beck - Truth SACD from importCD's. No really, I did forget. Yes, I save emails in folders of all my orders.....but going through all those folders...just to remember. Well, this one was hiding in my SACD Stereo folder.

importCD now says backordered.....though I've had my order in place for 22 days now. Their release date was the 8th, which was last Friday. We'll see if they have a copy waiting for those that ordered early. :mad:@:

Totally forgot I had ordered Jeff Beck - Truth SACD from importCD's. No really, I did forget. Yes, I save emails in folders of all my orders.....but going through all those folders...just to remember. Well, this one was hiding in my SACD Stereo folder.

importCD now says backordered.....though I've had my order in place for 22 days now. Their release date was the 8th, which was last Friday. We'll see if they have a copy waiting for those that ordered early. :mad:@:

Well...since we are at day 1 of the new and improved Gos 3.0...it's time to implement the "release protocol"...here is what I do and I'm sure you don't use the same software as I do...but I'm sure you have a variation of it that will do the same thing...when I order something I go into my calendar(I use outlook mail on internet explorer)and put the order on a day ON MY CALENDAR PRIOR to the release date...and there is an option to send me an email REMINDING me of the release date so I can either accept it or cancel the order...this way I never miss an order...so I give myself 3 or 4 days before the shipping/release date to make a decision by using the email feature.....this way I don't get a title that I forgot about ordering...it only takes a minute to do this and it works every time..

Backorder on importcds means the item isn't in the warehouse...if you ordered it when it was in pre-order status or in stock status you should be ok...if the item was in backordered status when you ordered it...that usually doesn't work out...

Many people were hoping for all the Zappa at the Roxy shows to be released on video. Although that never happened. there is a new 7 cd box set called The Roxy Performances being released on Feb 2. According to this article https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/frank-zappas-1973-roxy-residency-focus-of-new-box-set-w514158 "In addition to the four performances spread over December 9th and 10th, 1973, the box set also features recordings from a December 8th film shoot and soundcheck from the venue, as well as material laid down on December 12th at nearby Bolic Studios, where Zappa and company worked on songs that would appear on 1974's Apostrophe." The article also contains the complete list of material.

Spirit - It Shall Be (Complete Ode & Epic Recordings 1967-72 UK 5 CD https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product...gs-1968-1972-5cd-remastered-clamshell-boxset/

Among my 5 favorite bands. Sardonicus is in my 10 favorite albums. Met Ed & Randy.RIP, John, too.

INCLUDES THE ENTIRE MONO MIX OF THE 1968 ALBUM SPIRIT ON CD FOR THE FIRST TIME, ALONG WITH THE SOUNDTRACK TO THE FILM THE MODEL SHOP, THE ORIGINAL 1968 STEREO MIX OF THE FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER, ASSOCIATED OUT-TAKES, SINGLES AND ALTERNATE MIXES UNDERTAKEN IN 1991 FOR THE TIME CIRCLE COMPILATION.

Also waiting for Clear SACD...

Reactions: GOS
Also arrived these two brand new LIVE CD's Marillion Size Matters and Holidays In Eden, very much looking forward to listening to these RBCD stereo discs.
51KsH2IWroL._SX180_.jpg510hSr2X77L._SX180_.jpg

Finally put in an order for the 2 titles from Hendrix on SACD. Final price shipped from Music Direct is $61.72
They have a 20% off code I used...there is some tax and then shipping is free. You can't use Paypal on these titles right now as they are not in stock....I used a credit card...I don't think they charge till shipping happens.

Be advised, like much vintage jazz, this is in glorious MONO.
All my mono jazz sounds so good now in 5-channel L=C=R=LR=RR on my dialed-in 5.1 system.

Now #21 on Billboard, the highest charting of any Coltrane release in history.
https://pitchfork.com/news/john-coltranes-new-album-is-his-highest-charting-release-ever/

Mono doesn't bother me...some recordings are best presented in mono...my concern is the mastering...if it suffers from the "in your face" compressed modern mastering...I'm not interested..

Back