Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a sickness...and it's called VINYL!

Just placed an order for this album. $19.99 shipped...not yet released yet though. February 17th, I think. :)

T Rex.JPG

From importcd - I pre-ordered these stereo SACD's. Since I left them in my cart about an hour ago and left the site...they sent me an email with a $5 off promo. :) So, total, with tax and shipping came to $43.69

New SACD's.JPG

Cream-Fresh Cream deluxe set

My Fresh Cream arrived today with a lot of others. I went home for lunch and saw this big box, like 4' X 1.5' and said what the heck is that, maybe a vacuum cleaner part form my vacuum order last week ? I opened it and a 12" X 12" Fresh Cream CD Box set was the only thing in it, what a waste of cardboard. The box set says, " Made In The Republic Of Czechoslovakia".

On a roll now. Discogs is the coolest site ever. I just placed order for these "near mint" albums....

Johnny Mathis - Tender Is The Night (LP, Album) (Mercury - MG 20890)

Johnny Mathis With Percy Faith And His Orchestra* - Warm (LP, Album) (Columbia - CS 8039)

Johnny Mathis - Love Is Everything (LP, Album) (Mercury, Mercury - SR 60991, SR-60991)

Johnny Mathis - Open Fire, Two Guitars (LP, Album) (Columbia - CS 8056)

All for $22 shipped. I can't freaking wait!!!

Listening now to Mono RBCD, Bob Dylan's The Live 1966 Recordings. 36 discs of basically the same songs over and over. Why did I decide to punish myself?
Sound quality can be great to horrible, I'm still in Melbourne Disc 3, and I'll take a break after Disc 4, Copenhagen.
I love Dylan and The Band (at this point The Hawks, minus Levon Helms) my attraction was an audio history book. I may only listen once but it will be in me.

At work, bored. Just ordered this vinyl from Amazon.... brand new $13.98 shipped. Great deal!! Acoustic Sounds has it listed for $29.89 (without shipping) :yikes

trower.jpg

Just pre-ordered Donovan - Barabajabal LP from Sundazed Records. Can't wait to hear this reissuse. I ordered direct from Sundazed and their price beats everyone elses! So, another site to add to my ever growing list of vendors to buy from. :)

Animals is my favorite PF album, and I love love love DSOTM and WYWH. I have Animals in 5.1 that someone made for me. Fantastic.:banana::banana::banana:

I love all the Floyd albums - Animals is in my top 3. I actually saw Pink Floyd at the Big "O" olympic stadium in Montréal summer of 1977 (I was 13). It was the Animals tour and Floyd had their massive PA system set up in quad (all four corners of the stadium). The audio sucked big time unfortunately. Lots of shit when down at that concert due to dumb mistakes by the organizers. They opened the venue at 2pm with the show slated to start at 9pm. No reserved seating. Lesson learned, never let 50,000 drunk and stoned teenagers gather in one place bored out of their minds for 7 hours. This is also known as the spitting incident concert where Roger Waters got pissed off at someone in the audience and laid a spit bomb on him. Then turned his back on the audience for the rest of the show. Apparently this was the catalyst for "The Wall" album?

So there you have it, my rock history tidbit for the day. :)

Today via US mail, I will be getting a brand new sealed copy of Black Sabbath, Technical Ecstasy. By the time I originally bought this title, I bought it on cassette! I had already evolved from vinyl and now that I'm on a vinyl revival.....I cannot wait to spin some of my favorites! This, being one of them...always loved the album cover on this one...

Technical Ecstasy.jpg

Back