Stereo & Mono LP & CD--What are you waiting on?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today via US mail, I will be getting a brand new sealed copy of Black Sabbath, Technical Ecstasy. By the time I originally bought this title, I bought it on cassette! I had already evolved from vinyl and now that I'm on a vinyl revival.....I cannot wait to spin some of my favorites! This, being one of them...always loved the album cover on this one...

View attachment 29324

Huge Sabbath fan here. Sorry to say, not one of Sabbath's better albums. That and Never Say Die were a low point for me as far as their repertoire goes. Definitely a cool covers though.

Huge Sabbath fan here. Sorry to say, not one of Sabbath's better albums. That and Never Say Die were a low point for me as far as their repertoire goes. Definitely a cool covers though.

I realize many don't like the last 2. I fall into the camp of any Sabbath album that has original lineup intact is a gem for me. I love them all and love this one. It does add some jazz elements, which is cool by me.

Lonesome Crow - Scorpions (new sealed album)

I have the CD, but I'm hoping this vinyl sounds better. It is a reissue, so who knows....

I have this on CD and it sounds really good. I was impressed with the CD's audio quality, kick ass bass and the drums sounds really good as far as redbook CD goes. I'm wondering if I have a remix or something? Let me know how you like the vinyl.

I realize many don't like the last 2. I fall into the camp of any Sabbath album that has original lineup intact is a gem for me. I love them all and love this one. It does add some jazz elements, which is cool by me.

For me, Vol 4 is my fav Sabbath album. The guitar solo when Wheels of Confusion shits into The Straightener is freaking amazing. Iommi is so underrated.

The Coryells - Larry Coryell & Family 2ch SACD
Black Coffee - Al Kooper CD
Constant Throb - John Klemmer Japan CD
Live in New Orleans - Oregon CD
American Dreamer - Laura Nyro CD
Rendez-Vous (Japan Exclusive) - Sergio Mendes Japan CD
Stardrive (Columbia album) - Robert Mason CD
Tom Scott & The L.A. Express/Tom Cat/New York Connection - Tom Scott UK 3 LP on 2 CD
From His Head To His Heart To His Hands - Mike Bloomfield 3 CD/1 DVD-V
Zazu (Chicago band, similar to ELP) German CD
Solo Saxophone 2: Life - John Klemmer CD
Before This World - James Taylor Deluxe Edition CD/DVD-V
Ballin' Jack/Buzzard Luck - Ballin' Jack 2 LP on 1 CD
A Hero Of The Game (1965 radio broadcast) - Phil Ochs CD
Under a Mojito Moon - Jim Messina CD
Live In Lansing 1973 - Phil Ochs CD
Big Love-Greatest Hits Edition: 30th Anniversary - Simply Red UK 2 CD
Evolutionary - War 2 CD1/1 DVD-V
The Record Plant '73 - Nick Gravenites with Blue Gravy feat. Paul Butterfield CD

Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix (vinyl)

Never owned any Hendrix on vinyl. I'd say it's about time. This repress gets great reviews. I hope it sounds great. :)
Coming Friday...
hendrix.jpg

And...just ordered Are You Experienced on vinyl. This will be fun...
View attachment 29427

oooo..trust me, it IS fun!!! I find it better than the UK counterpart..I was "lucky enough" to get a 2nd Reprise pressing and , although it has been played a lot of times, it's in GREAT shape and the ENERGY coming off of it when played, (which I did last week!) is IMMENSE!!!!!

ENJOY!!!

Got a new copy coming Tuesday...

Editorial Reviews via Amazon
Among the rarest of Motown's rare grooves and making its vinyl debut: the original mix of Ross's smash 1980 album that featured 'Upside Down' and 'I'm Coming Out.' CHIC's Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers produced the album and delivered this mix only to see it rejected and remixed by Motown's in-house team. The original CHIC mix was a Motown myth until its inclusion in the Diana: deluxe edition in 2003. It's now where it belongs, on vinyl and pink vinyl, to boot.

diana songs.JPG

diana.jpg

wow, how long ago did I pre-order this?? Just received notice of shipment.

Qty Item #
1 780014225322 Vincebus Eruptum - Blue Cheer [SACD stereo]

Just pre-ordered this one on vinyl. I hope it's a quality pressing. :)
Yeah, already have the DVD-V, which I love...though it's a bit compressed.
keane.JPG

wow, how long ago did I pre-order this?? Just received notice of shipment.

Qty Item #
1 780014225322 Vincebus Eruptum - Blue Cheer [SACD stereo]

JUST received mine today and am currently playing it. Will report back.

Also Spirit's first album [AF Stereo SACD].

Back