Fire Garden; Prog rock new album in 5.1 CD/DVD (with FLAC download option)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On their twitter it said with any CD version.

On their twitter it said with any CD version.
Thanks Paul, it is in one of the updates as well, but those ar only visible to pledgers :)

Bruce Soord mentioned that he wanted to create a surround mix for every stereo mix he does, so we had Ghost Community and now this one. Looks like a good strategy :)

Hello Pledgers,

I have been busy in the final recording sessions my personal target is to complete this by July 4th long weekend. I just finished tracking vocals for a song called ‘Life of a Drifter’ and I am very pleased with the results.

We have first song mixed called ’There’s Something’ and I am going to play a short preview for you all make sure you check the full update.

Plus special announcement is that all CD editions are going to be special edition. Now its a 2 CD package with one regular CD and one bonus DVD with audiophile 5.1 mix as well as some additional content which I will reveal soon.

Hope you guys like this update. Let me know in the comments what you think about the new song.

If you want to change your pledge from digital download to CD contact Pledge music support they will help you out.

Cheers,
Zee

Thanks Paul, it is in one of the updates as well, but those ar only visible to pledgers :)

Bruce Soord mentioned that he wanted to create a surround mix for every stereo mix he does, so we had Ghost Community and now this one. Looks like a good strategy :)

I just DL'd GC! I too had to sign in to account.

Had a listen, liked it, liked that I get a 5.1 mix by Bruce Soord as well, so I've ordered it!

Or, as I did, I simply clicked on the Flac version only. It was US $12. I guess I can't download till release date of August...

Ouch! Something tells me I just made the wrong assumption. I ass-sumed the Flac download also contained 5.1....but in retrospect, I bet it doesn't. :(

Or, as I did, I simply clicked on the Flac version only. It was US $12. I guess I can't download till release date of August...
right, that's what confuses me. i don't care about CD at all and interesting only in lossless surround but can't figure out if flac version contains one.

right, that's what confuses me. i don't care about CD at all and interesting only in lossless surround but can't figure out if flac version contains one.

I posted the question on their website and almost instantly got a response...here it is...

Zee.JPG

thanks Gene.
$32 CAD (plus perhaps shipping and possible custom duty) is a minimum to get 5.1 of "no name" artist.
i think Zee headed in very wrong direction. that's definitely will not bring more followers (n)

Maybe, I did only buy after listening to the audio clips, its more than main stream artists CDs from the major record companies go for, but even 'unknown' musicians have to eat. He has bothered to do a 5.1 mix so a definite :upthumb. As of a few minutes ago, 130% of the target funds have been raised from 76 of us, which if you say is an average of US$50 is only US$3800, not a lot. PledgeMusic take a %, the CD/DVD etc. have to be manufactured, paying Bruce Soord to mix it (he has to earn a living too). So I wonder what Zee actually earns per hour from his music? Less than the rest of us I would think.

thanks Gene.
$32 CAD (plus perhaps shipping and possible custom duty) is a minimum to get 5.1 of "no name" artist.
i think Zee headed in very wrong direction. that's definitely will not bring more followers (n)

sure, you're right about bread and at least sometimes butter to. but asked price suggests attempt to earn for caviar as well :p
b.t.w. your numbers in fact speaks for itself. you're not assuming that the price discourages potential buyers?
can speak for all but that's what should expect anyone from my location to pay for this upon arriving of such purchase:
$32 purchase of disc
$9.6 custom duty
$2.08 GST (federal sale tax, other provinces should add provincial tax as well)
$10 shipping
total all comes to $53.68CAD and that's most optimistic scenario.
could be nothing beside purchase and shipping if pack somehow slip through but from my experience from past, that happens very rarely.

They have yet to email me back with my issue. I must say, that if the final sale price is more than US $30....doubt if I bite. It really is just too much.

Back