Fire Garden; Prog rock new album in 5.1 CD/DVD (with FLAC download option)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have yet to email me back with my issue. I must say, that if the final sale price is more than US $30....doubt if I bite. It really is just too much.

Yep. The 5.1 mix should be available as a separate flac DL.

They have yet to email me back with my issue. I must say, that if the final sale price is more than US $30....doubt if I bite. It really is just too much.

Currently £21 quid for a CD + 5.1 DVD (with extras) + Flac download in natty foldout packaging.. sounds alright-ish.. would I rather it was £15? Yes.. so far it is what it is and I'm IN! :)

sure, you're right about bread and at least sometimes butter to. but asked price suggests attempt to earn for caviar as well :p
b.t.w. your numbers in fact speaks for itself. you're not assuming that the price discourages potential buyers?
can speak for all but that's what should expect anyone from my location to pay for this upon arriving of such purchase:
$32 purchase of disc
$9.6 custom duty
$2.08 GST (federal sale tax, other provinces should add provincial tax as well)
$10 shipping
total all comes to $53.68CAD and that's most optimistic scenario.
could be nothing beside purchase and shipping if pack somehow slip through but from my experience from past, that happens very rarely.

Hi 0tto,

I just pre-ordered the CD with 5.1 download, and shipping was included to Canada. And, I don't expect any tax or duty charges for a single CD. So, the total cost should be US$25, which as you mentioned is about CDN$32. Still a little pricey, perhaps, but not too hard to take. I am very happy to support the project at that price. The song samples sound pretty good to my ears.

It does not really make sense to put stereo mixes with 5.1. Those of us who listen to surround do not care about stereo.

Hi guys,

This is Zee from Fire Garden. First of all Thank you for great support and response on 5.1 mixes. If you have any questions feel free to ask me as of now we are only offering 5.1 mix as part of CD package which is 2 Disc package includes Stereo Mix CD and DVD-A with 5.1 mix (it might have couple of bonus tracks). I will try to respond to your questions here as well.

Hi Paul, thank you for this, but where is the 5.1?

thanks Gene.
$32 CAD (plus perhaps shipping and possible custom duty) is a minimum to get 5.1 of "no name" artist.
i think Zee headed in very wrong direction. that's definitely will not bring more followers (n)

I am an independent musician I kept the price to minimum for everyone. $15 USD for a 2 CD is not overcharge. Unfortunately, overseas shipping costs as much as the CD but this is something out of my control and PledgeMusic they add shipping automatically for overseas orders. Still I have to add $2-3 bucks from my pocket to ship to you. But I am big fan of physical.

Maybe, I did only buy after listening to the audio clips, its more than main stream artists CDs from the major record companies go for, but even 'unknown' musicians have to eat. He has bothered to do a 5.1 mix so a definite :upthumb. As of a few minutes ago, 130% of the target funds have been raised from 76 of us, which if you say is an average of US$50 is only US$3800, not a lot. PledgeMusic take a %, the CD/DVD etc. have to be manufactured, paying Bruce Soord to mix it (he has to earn a living too). So I wonder what Zee actually earns per hour from his music? Less than the rest of us I would think.

You got it. I am not making $$$$ from this project. Add Artwork + Studio Time + musicians charges to this as well ... Why I am doing this NO IDEA!! :)

Cheers,
Zee

Last edited:
Hi guys,

This is Zee from Fire Garden. First of all Thank you for great support and response on 5.1 mixes. If you have any questions feel free to ask me as of now we are only offering 5.1 mix as part of CD package which is 2 Disc package includes Stereo Mix CD and DVD-A with 5.1 mix (it might have couple of bonus tracks). I will try to respond to your questions here as well.

I am an independent musician I kept the price to minimum for everyone. $15 USD for a 2 CD is not overcharge. Unfortunately, overseas shipping costs as much as the CD but this is something out of my control and PledgeMusic they add shipping automatically for overseas orders. Still I have to add $2-3 bucks from my pocket to ship to you. But I am big fan of physical.

You got it. I am not making $$$$ from this project. Add Artwork + Studio Time + musicians charges to this as well ... Why I am doing this NO IDEA!! :)

Cheers,
Zee

Hi Zee, thanks for coming on.

You are right about oversees shipping. It went up more than triple the price it was a couple of years ago. Prior to that it was relativity cheap.

What about 5.1 Flac downloads?

cheers

Hi Zee, thanks for coming on.

You are right about oversees shipping. It went up more than triple the price it was a couple of years ago. Prior to that it was relativity cheap.

What about 5.1 Flac downloads?

cheers

Right now we are NOT offering it. FLAC is only available as Stereo mix but hopefully in future through our bandcamp site http://firegardenmusic.bandcamp.com

Cheers,
Zee

Zee, is the dvd for sure a Dvd Audio as some people are calling a Dvd Audio as long as it has a DTS and or a DD 5.1 layer but Dvd Video disk's don't have a Dvd Audio layer, there are not to many people left in the industry that actually produce proper Dvd Audio disk's any more.
Neil Wilkes from the UK seems to be one of the last people to still be authoring Dvd Audio disk's for artists.
If your album is going to really be a proper Dvd Audio disk, that is a huge plus in my books as can play them in home and car.
Thanks for joining our site and I like your song samples.

peter

Zee, is the dvd for sure a Dvd Audio as some people are calling a Dvd Audio as long as it has a DTS and or a DD 5.1 layer but Dvd Video disk's don't have a Dvd Audio layer, there are not to many people left in the industry that actually produce proper Dvd Audio disk's any more.
Neil Wilkes from the UK seems to be one of the last people to still be authoring Dvd Audio disk's for artists.
If your album is going to really be a proper Dvd Audio disk, that is a huge plus in my books as can play them in home and car.
Thanks for joining our site and I like your song samples.

peter

Thanks for pointing out it is in-fact DVD-V I just confirmed from the mastering engineer he says he will deliver me "24bit 96kHz digital masters for DVD-V"

Bruce Soord is going to do authoring.

Sorry for the confusion.

Zee

Thanks for the posts, looking forward to the album, that's the great thing about this forum, without it I'd have missed lots of good music, and the 5.1 options. 24-bit/96kHz 5.1 DTS is pretty good but 5.1 LPCM has the edge, just sounds better IMHO.

Good Idea...I just sent him a note to confirm.

Zee

Bruce Soord tweeted this today:

"The @Jcrudess solo on the new @firegardenmusic album I am mixing is INSANE. Seriously."

Zee, you seem to be putting a pretty cool album together.

Bruce Soord tweeted this today:

"The @Jcrudess solo on the new @firegardenmusic album I am mixing is INSANE. Seriously."

Zee, you seem to be putting a pretty cool album together.

Thanks and Indeed it is great album. Plus all drums played by Jimmy Keegan of Spock's Beard and album cover designed by Travis Smith (Opeth, Katatonia, Riverside).

Thanks for the posts, looking forward to the album, that's the great thing about this forum, without it I'd have missed lots of good music, and the 5.1 options. 24-bit/96kHz 5.1 DTS is pretty good but 5.1 LPCM has the edge, just sounds better IMHO.

I got a response from Bruce Soord. The DVD format is DVD-V as industry standard these days. It will have high resolution 5.1 mix

The other formats unfortunately is out of my budget :'(

Thanks all for support.

Cheers,
Zee

I got a response from Bruce Soord. The DVD format is DVD-V as industry standard these days. It will have high resolution 5.1 mix

The other formats unfortunately is out of my budget :'(

Thanks all for support.

Cheers,
Zee

Ok, that sounds as though it will only be DVD-V which, as we all know, is not high-rez 5.1. Or am I just confused?

There is marginal difference in quality IMO to be exact it will be DVD-V contains 5.1 mix 24/96 DTS and 24/96 PCM stereo

While I would hand on heart prefer a DVD-A spec disc, it is your work to present as you wish and I respect your decision. fwiw, I will support this new surround music release with a purchase, irrespective of the format and I thank you for the opportunity to enjoy the music in 5.1, so.. thanks for that!

Back