Off-Topic Posts from the Chicago Quadio Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the history lesson of both bands!!!

The whole BS&T gig sounds like it was one of those unforgettable experiences where you go "what the hell is this???" but wind up liking the group in the end...

The whole "sharing" the same producer would make a strong point to compare them...good producers (I think JWG was one) tend to "extract" the best of the groups they are working with, and they do sound similar , NOT ALL THE TIME, but in many places, and not just because of the brass sections...also , the technology at the time was not very advanced , so recording BS&T and Chicago on an 8 track, you'd have the same limitations, and the same "sound"...

If you have read my previous posts, which I think you haven't and I'll never hold it against you, you'd see that I totally agree with you regarding the highly underrated bass playing skills of Peter Cetera, and the otherwordly guitar of Terry Kath...which makes them more of a ROCK band than BS&T...

You are a very lucky man to have seen them both in their prime!

:smokin

I remember turning someone on to the BS&T's 4.0 SACD's on the Chicago Quadio thread, may have been shf, and was thanked very kindly. Not very many rock bands incorporate horns, so it is easy to throw all the good ones in the same category. ...so few rock bands with a flute, we will never run into the off topic discussion on the SW Tull threads.

apparently there was also a Quad mix of Elton's "Caribou" album, some fan purports to have it on a CD or something (I'm guessing a downmix.. or just as likely hoax/vaporware) remember I posted a screen grab of it (and the Madman album Quad) on QQ a little while back?

You did, you tease.

Suggestion for a Quadio box...can't remember who owns these, but it'd be a BLAST!!!

Edgar Winter (Group) Quadio box..
-They only come out at night
-Shock Treatment
-EWG with RD
-Jasmine nightdreams

Suggestion for a Quadio box...can't remember who owns these, but it'd be a BLAST!!!

Edgar Winter (Group) Quadio box..
-They only come out at night
-Shock Treatment
-EWG with RD
-Jasmine nightdreams

Those are all owned by Sony.
I had a list that I made sometime last year of all of the Quadraphonic mixes owned by Warner Music/Rhino Records, so if I can find that list, I will reshare it because that list offers the strongest possibilities when it comes to future Quadio releases from Warner Music/Rhino Records, but the top of my list (until it happens) will always be the Doobie Brothers! :)

Chicago's Terry Kath:
Inside the Life and Tragic Death of an Unsung Guitar Hero

Admirers such as Joe Walsh remember Kath's genius, as chronicled in a moving new doc directed by the musician's daughter

Rolling Stone today, daughter's film comes out tomorrow at last.

To understand more about her father's life, Sinclair recently produced and directed a documentary on him, Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience. (Previously shown at film festivals and on AXS TV, the film comes out Tuesday on DVD, Blu-ray, Amazon, iTunes and other streaming platforms.) The project was born out of Sinclair's frustration that her father had been largely forgotten by a wider public. "On one hand you have all these people saying, 'Oh, my God, this is the most amazing guitar player ever,'" she explains, "and on the other hand, you never see him recognized in the top 100 [guitarists] lists. I was inspired to expose his talents, like who he was as a guitar player, and to get him known more."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...h-inside-guitarists-life-tragic-death-w513689

Back