Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD (September 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or does it feel like this thing is taking forever to come out?

Full Sail seemed like the longest wait I have experienced for an AF product. This one seemed soon enough after anouncment. But it took many months for it to be anounced. Marshall told me it was in the pipeline long ago. So in that regard it felt like a year long wait.

Subscriber copies are on the way

Someone must have gotten their's by now. But they probably did not get it for the 4.0 layer, or they might just report "mine arrived, but I haven't listened to it yet". Lolololo.

The Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD of Secret Treaties by Blue Oyster Cult is now In Stock at Acoustic Sounds.

Secret Treaties - Now In Stock.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/116581/Blue_Oyster_Cult-Secret_Treaties-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

Got my copy of Secret Treaties this afternoon from Best Buy. Of my last three AF surround discs, one has shown up the day before the release date and two have arrived on the date. They're getting pretty good at this...

Haven't listened to it yet - unfortunately it'll have to be tomorrow night.

EDIT - Just grumping about really high Canadian price. I'll monitor here for better deals. Thanks in advance.

Scott - Grump all you like, that's part of the game really. It's a shame that the prices are all over the place for the same disc, and a new release at that.

The Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD of Secret Treaties by Blue Oyster Cult is now In Stock at ImportCDs for $20.44.

https://www.importcds.com/secret-treaties/780014224622

Some buyers have been less happy with shipping times from this company compared to others, I've had good luck when ordering only things stated as currently "in stock". I've gotten all my "in stock" ordered items within 5 days from them.

I buy from them because the lower prices mean I can get 5 SACDs for the price of four, and often I find discount codes on top on the low item prices.

any feedback on this yet? :cool:

I'm too busy listening to "Stone & Steel" (Big Big Train) and "Radical Action…" (King Crimson) to check out "Secret Treaties".
They all came in yesterday, so I need to have a lot of time to go through them all!

:)

The Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD of Secret Treaties by Blue Oyster Cult is now In Stock at ImportCDs for $20.44.

https://www.importcds.com/secret-treaties/780014224622

Some buyers have been less happy with shipping times from this company compared to others, I've had good luck when ordering only things stated as currently "in stock". I've gotten all my "in stock" ordered items within 5 days from them.

I buy from them because the lower prices mean I can get 5 SACDs for the price of four, and often I find discount codes on top on the low item prices.

I just received a box of goodies yesterday from ImportCD and they reached me in about 3 days....all securely boxed. And I agree, their prices ARE the very best......MoFi's Santana Abraxas for $19.64 and C. Simon's Hotcakes and Cars Hearbeat City for $22.88 delivered and best of all Leonard Cohen's superb 11 disc remastered boxset for under $19 and Nosound: Scintilla [BD~A/RBCD] for $10.47. When they have their rare 10% off sale delivery does take longer but when you pay their standard s/h charges, NO problem.

Our posters in Canada are paying upwards of $37 for a single Audio Fidelity SACD with s/h......almost double what we pay in the states.

any feedback on this yet? :cool:

I need to go through it one more time, I think, before I put something on the poll, but right now I'd say that it's right up with Spectrum, Nightbirds, and Birds of Fire as far as my favorite AF quads. I feel that it's nice and discrete, yet very immersive most of the time and matches up well to the way I'd hoped it would be. When I was listening to Dominance and Submission and ME 262, my face was hurting I was smiling so much. Really, really nice nice job on those two in particular. Great mastering job once again by Hoffman and Marsh, too.

I need to go through it one more time, I think, before I put something on the poll, but right now I'd say that it's right up with Spectrum, Nightbirds, and Birds of Fire as far as my favorite AF quads. I feel that it's nice and discrete, yet very immersive most of the time and matches up well to the way I'd hoped it would be. When I was listening to Dominance and Submission and ME 262, my face was hurting I was smiling so much. Really, really nice nice job on those two in particular. Great mastering job once again by Hoffman and Marsh, too.

Thank you..!!! :D

Excitement level = now upto 11 :eek:

DOMINANCE! :yikes

..SUB..MISSION..! :p

Agreed. Steve Hoffman did a good job on the Stereo SACD tracks and Stephen Marsh turned in another stellar mastering and transfer job on the 4 Channel Surround SACD tracks.

Highly recommended here.

Back