"Rejoice! I'm Dead!" by Gong, out on 2CD & DVD this Fall!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eventually there is supposed to be a Gong box set and supposedly some quad mixes were done years ago. This new album and the Steve Hillage mega box are what's on now, the Gong box to come....and boy do I need it.

The Radio Gnome Trilogy in surround would be a must buy for me - but I fear that a full on Gong box set would end up too overwelmingly expensive for me - with all the potential live recordings and subsets of the band. The Hillage box, while desirable, was too dear for me as I have many of the CDs already. I'm sure the stories in the book will be enjoyable.

I guess there hasn't been any movement on the Deluxe box sets of GONG ? (Or has there ?)

Would love to get the "unreleased" quad of" You" and the very rare quad of "Shamal", or for that matter any quad or 5.1 from early Gong releases. :smokin

A Deluxe box set GONG -QUADS & Surround Virgin Years would be most acceptable, I think.

I guess there hasn't been any movement on the Deluxe box sets of GONG ? (Or has there ?)

Would love to get the "unreleased" quad of" You" and the very rare quad of "Shamal", or for that matter any quad or 5.1 from early Gong releases. :smokin

A Deluxe box set GONG -QUADS & Surround Virgin Years would be most acceptable, I think.

Where did you hear or read there were going to be deluxe reissues (with surround sound) for classic Gong albums?
I have never heard anything about such a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear or read there were going to be deluxe reissues (with surround sound) for classic Gong albums?
I have never heard anything about such a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on this very thread of course.

I'm seeking further info from the posters regarding this box set, in the rumour stage still.:D

Look for "Radio Gnome Invisible Trilogy", and you will see they already released a box set with "Flying Teapot", "Angels Egg", and "You" in 2015. So I doubt they will release those early Gong material again.
Camenbert Electric saw a so called "Remastered Audiophile Edition" rerelease in 2015, too, so no chance to see another release of that anytime soon, methinks.

-Kristian

Look for "Radio Gnome Invisible Trilogy", and you will see they already released a box set with "Flying Teapot", "Angels Egg", and "You" in 2015. So I doubt they will release those early Gong material again.
Camenbert Electric saw a so called "Remastered Audiophile Edition" rerelease in 2015, too, so no chance to see another release of that anytime soon, methinks.

-Kristian

Steve Hillage said that the Trilogy released by Charly records was bogus and that Universal would be releasing a proper box later.

http://www.chrismeloche.com/?p=254

Back