Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very cool of both of you, and much much appreciated! However, while you can buy direct from me on my website, it's still fulfilled by Amazon and subject to the fees so really, no difference. Being a one-man band I just don't have the time to manage shipping right now. if that changes I'll let you know. I'm looking at it.

I'll have to give the Lemon CD release of Stealers Wheel a listen to check - I don't think it sounded like it was, but you never know!

I hope it's worth my while too! I have high hopes as the Stealers titles have never been in print on CD in the US, to my knowledge. I've heard that the 2004 Lemon Recordings CDs were from needle drops, but can't confirm. In any case, I like my chances with these!

This is very cool of both of you, and much much appreciated! However, while you can buy direct from me on my website, it's still fulfilled by Amazon and subject to the fees so really, no difference. Being a one-man band I just don't have the time to manage shipping right now. if that changes I'll let you know. I'm looking at it.

So you are Shane Buettner?...You reputation in quality vinyl precedes you(y) if I had a turntable I'd be all over the vinyl as I like Kevin Gray's work..it's a pleasure to have you on the board..

I'm going to look into that, thanks!

If you want to be successful in the audiophile market with SACD's...do one thing right and you are more than half way there....don't compress the music...what passes as modern mastering is a shame...crushing the dynamic range of recordings just kills music...ever since mainstream record companies started doing this the music has suffered...what used to be good sounding conventional CD's are abysmal sounding now when mastering this "loud"..

So you are Shane Buettner?...You reputation in quality vinyl precedes you(y) if I had a turntable I'd be all over the vinyl as I like Kevin Gray's work..it's a pleasure to have you on the board..

Yes, I am Shane Buettner. IR Shane is my handle on forums about the 'Net. Simon A invited me to this forum, very pleased to meet the people here!

If you want to be successful in the audiophile market with SACD's...do one thing right and you are more than half way there....don't compress the music...what passes as modern mastering is a shame...crushing the dynamic range of recordings just kills music...ever since mainstream record companies started doing this the music has suffered...what used to be good sounding conventional CD's are abysmal sounding now when mastering this "loud"..

We have never applied any compression of any kind to any of the LPs, and the same mastering is used on the digital transfers. It's honestly never even been considered. Our sources have been so good and so punchy sounding, it's not like we were ever listening and thinking anything needed a kick. So no worries there.

Let me welcome you to the forum:bounce17...are in involved in this release?...I'm very curious to see what Intervention can do with this initial SACD offering...I hope people support it...I can't wait to hear what it sounds like...

I've been following Shane's efforts in his thread on sh.tv since its beginning and I thought of inviting him to join us here and chat with the Quad Crew. :)

I'm glad he took time from his busy schedule to come and hang out with us. I'm really looking forward to hearing the SACDs.

I'll have to give the Lemon CD release of Stealers Wheel a listen to check - I don't think it sounded like it was, but you never know!

Let me know! i'm curious. I even read an Amazon review that mentioned wow and flutter. doesn't mean it's true. In any case, I do know that the best tapes that UMe has are in the US and are the safety copies we used to master.

Yes, I am Shane Buettner. IR Shane is my handle on forums about the 'Net. Simon A invited me to this forum, very pleased to meet the people here!

We are very fortunate on the forum as several industry professionals stop by here...just recently Steve Woolard from Rhino stopped by and spent some time with us...we have been so excited about Rhino's recent Quadio Box Set...not sure if you are aware of this product...it's a superb example of vintage quad.. HERE IT IS...and I'm sure you have heard of Steven Wilson...he is also a member here...I hope your SACD sales are robust as we need more hi rez titles...

I've been following Shane's efforts in his thread on sh.tv since its beginning and I thought of inviting him to join us here and chat with the Quad Crew. :)

I'm glad he took time from his busy schedule to come and hang out with us. I'm really looking forward to hearing the SACDs.

It's too bad it's so slow on here today....maybe because it's Sunday...I know some of our members are going to be upset that that missed the chance to post with Shane...

It's too bad it's so slow on here today....maybe because it's Sunday...I know some of our members are going to be upset that that missed the chance to post with Shane...

I'm sure he'll swing back here once in a while.

I have had a wonderful time with the folks at SHTV and so far it's great being here. Thanks for inviting me Simon!

We are very fortunate on the forum as several industry professionals stop by here...just recently Steve Woolard from Rhino stopped by and spent some time with us...we have been so excited about Rhino's recent Quadio Box Set...not sure if you are aware of this product...it's a superb example of vintage quad.. HERE IT IS...and I'm sure you have heard of Steven Wilson...he is also a member here...I hope your SACD sales are robust as we need more hi rez titles...
I have a completed deal with UMe for Ferguslie Park, and the reaction to Stealers 1 is strong enough that I'm going ahead with that. I see the market for some of these and moving forward will do more deals that cover vinyl and CD/SACD.

I have had a wonderful time with the folks at SHTV and so far it's great being here. Thanks for inviting me Simon!

It was the least I could do Shane. I'm glad the gang here is looking forward to these coming out like I am. :)

I just finished reading a letter/response from the manufacturer in Stereophile regarding their positive review of a high end Vandersteen speaker.
This letter was written by Shane Buettner.
Same guy?

Thanks Simon, sorry for the delay in replying, but it took this long for the forum to activate me!

Sorry about that Shane and welcome to the forum. We are currently getting bombarded by spam registrations, email addresses like p3ynrbd @ gmail.com, and the forum's anti-spam module is limiting membership authorizations via some crazy algorithm.

Legit emails make it through, although it takes time. In essence, you were, um, stuck in the middle, so to speak. :confused: If I know in advance I can bypass someone from the queue, but I am glad to hear you waited it out.

Again, welcome to QQ, and count me in as a Stealers Wheel SACD purchaser!!

QQ New Users.jpg

Will do, I've got the CD in the car so I'll have a listen tomorrow. Interesting about the tapes.
Let me know! i'm curious. I even read an Amazon review that mentioned wow and flutter. doesn't mean it's true. In any case, I do know that the best tapes that UMe has are in the US and are the safety copies we used to master.

Back