Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also received notification from CDJapan, Brian, that BB&A shipped but unfortunately, it takes MUCH longer via SAL for my parcels to reach the East Coast from Japan. Can't wait to hear your 'mini review.'

And probably by late next week our ship will finally come in with AF's much anticipated QUAD SACD release of L&M's FULL SAIL. A half a lifelong dream that this QUAD remaster would someday find a hi res physical disc release and AF fulfilled that dream. (y)(y)

But being THE Multichannel Maven I'm sure you already have it. SURFS UP! :chill

Don't forget about Stealers Wheel...should be "in stock" on July 22...

Don't forget about Stealers Wheel...should be "in stock" on July 22...
Clint, is the Stealers Wheel from CD Japan?
I did a search there and found nothing.
Never mind, found it on domestic sites.
Thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully this one will sell well and we'll get their follow-up too.

Admittedly the car isn't the best place to do a listening test of the 2004 Lemon CD release, but I don't think its a needle drop, and I didn't hear any wow & flutter, but it does 'sound' like a typical old recording especially the drums. I hadn't listened to it in a while, great album.

Let me know! i'm curious. I even read an Amazon review that mentioned wow and flutter. doesn't mean it's true. In any case, I do know that the best tapes that UMe has are in the US and are the safety copies we used to master.

Last We checked - 4 eared - it won't let you take the 20 percent off on not in stock product Grrrrrrrrrrr - only in stock product and both titles are AVAILABILITY TBA :(

Thank You tho

Bummer......also, MusicDirect doesn't stock the upcoming Stealers Wheel SACDs (just Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc) which I'm afraid doesn't bode well for Intervention Records. If they want to make a splash with their foray into SACD they better get with the program and more widely distribute their products......that's what did ORG music's SACD program in....they didn't distribute their SACDs to DD or ImportCDs (until they pulled the plug on SACD manufacture). Ironically, Music Direct does carry the Stealers Wheel Vinyl!

Bummer......also, MusicDirect doesn't stock the upcoming Stealers Wheel SACDs (just Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc) which I'm afraid doesn't bode well for Intervention Records. If they want to make a splash with their foray into SACD they better get with the program and more widely distribute their products......that's what did ORG music's SACD program in....they didn't distribute their SACDs to DD or ImportCDs (until they pulled the plug on SACD manufacture). Ironically, Music Direct does carry the Stealers Wheel Vinyl!
I don't understand why you would make assumptions about my distribution strategies instead of just asking me. As folks here and SHTV can attest I'm very open and informative, maybe more than I should be! Music Direct has been offered these titles and can buy them directly from me. Whether they choose to or not is up to them. I have no exclusives with anyone, so my distribution is wide open. When I actually have the discs to ship I will engage in more meaningful conversations with additional distributors who focus on digital. I have learned that it's best to take one's time and get with the right people rather than hurry out of the gate and work with the wrong people. In addition to Acoustic and Elusive, these SACDs will also be available on Amazon fulfilled by Amazon and Prime-eligible, so I am not seeing that these discs will be hard for people to get their hands on. Beyond that, I can just tell you that distribution is the bloodiest part of this business and until you know what offers were put on the table you don't fully understand the decisions that labels make. I can tell you with my LPs the first offers I got before working with URP were laughably one-sided, with people expecting me to either sell on consignment or make a dollar or two while the distributors and retailers make all the money. There were and are many programs that are simply not feasible to get with.

The only options right now are elusive disc and acoustic sounds....click on the red pre order button and you are given the options HERE

I also sell on Amazon as a Third Party, which unfortunately means I cannot take pre-orders. I have to get the title in stock before it goes live. I can assure you that I have built out a detail page and as soon as I can ship Stealers will be available from Amazon and also from my Shopify site, which is fulfilled by Amazon.

As a PS, I love that people here want to buy direct from me. But if you go direct to Amazon you get free Prime shipping if you're a Prime person, or you will pay a lot more doing it through Shopify. I am looking at taking it in-house but can't do so until I can pay someone to manage shipping. I"m putting all my money into releases right now!

Elusive Disc has pushed back the date from the 22nd to the 29th HERE...acoustic sounds never listed a date...only stated that shipping was in July HERE
I am hoping we make the 29th. The discs were supposed to be at Stoughton to get packed out on July 8th, so even the 22nd left a lot of wiggle room which is why I set that date. It's ironic. I never set dates because it just never works, but this time I did because the timelines seemed so plausible! And they still missed it. The discs arrived at Stoughton two days ago, and worse, as of Monday they were telling me the discs should have already been there. Nevertheless, they are there now and Stoughton is packing them out next week. If they don't make next Friday it will be early the following week. I apologize for the delays. I'll never set firm dates again!

I don't understand why you would make assumptions about my distribution strategies instead of just asking me. As folks here and SHTV can attest I'm very open and informative, maybe more than I should be! Music Direct has been offered these titles and can buy them directly from me. Whether they choose to or not is up to them. I have no exclusives with anyone, so my distribution is wide open. When I actually have the discs to ship I will engage in more meaningful conversations with additional distributors who focus on digital. I have learned that it's best to take one's time and get with the right people rather than hurry out of the gate and work with the wrong people. In addition to Acoustic and Elusive, these SACDs will also be available on Amazon fulfilled by Amazon and Prime-eligible, so I am not seeing that these discs will be hard for people to get their hands on. Beyond that, I can just tell you that distribution is the bloodiest part of this business and until you know what offers were put on the table you don't fully understand the decisions that labels make. I can tell you with my LPs the first offers I got before working with URP were laughably one-sided, with people expecting me to either sell on consignment or make a dollar or two while the distributors and retailers make all the money. There were and are many programs that are simply not feasible to get with.

Awesome post!! Thanks for explaining all that. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think you'll be able to find UK/European stockists for your SACDs?

We usually get stung on import tax and an exorbitant tax handling fee (normally way more than the tax!) when we import into the UK. Companies like SpinCDs in the UK tend to sell in £'s what you sell for in $'s, so $30 would be around £30 here (amazon uk tends to be the highest), but it usually works out cheaper than importing oneself.

IMG_9308.JPG

I don't know why this rotated. Either way Stoughton sent me a cool pic of the disc! I won't get to see them until they arrive to me from Stoughton.

Do you think you'll be able to find UK/European stockists for your SACDs?

We usually get stung on import tax and an exorbitant tax handling fee (normally way more than the tax!) when we import into the UK. Companies like SpinCDs in the UK tend to sell in £'s what you sell for in $'s, so $30 would be around £30 here (amazon uk tends to be the highest), but it usually works out cheaper than importing oneself.

I only have US rights I'm afraid. The best I can do for you is Amazon US. Sorry!

That's sweet looking..

I was seriously thrilled when I saw this! Obviously audio rules, but as anyone who's seen or bought my LPs can attest, I absolutely LOVE recreating album art! The things we can do today when we're talking about boutique runs compared to the days when they were pressing several hundred thousand or millions of units is just astounding in terms of quality. Note I left the original LP label's Speed 33 1/3 annotation! I think that's the bee's knees whether you spin vinyl or not!

BTW, the hardest thing about doing these as CD/SACDs is that the art was entirely rebuilt from scans of the original LP. No artwork was supplied. So bumping up the fonts enough without being able to fully manipulate the image the way we could if we had all the elemental building blocks is tough. At least with the white background we had some leeway in cloning the background and redoing the text. On Ferguslie's gatefold I don't know what the hell we're going to do because the lyrics are directly on the cow art so we can't clone the background and retype.

I was seriously thrilled when I saw this! Obviously audio rules, but as anyone who's seen or bought my LPs can attest, I absolutely LOVE recreating album art! The things we can do today when we're talking about boutique runs compared to the days when they were pressing several hundred thousand or millions of units is just astounding in terms of quality. Note I left the original LP label's Speed 33 1/3 annotation! I think that's the bee's knees whether you spin vinyl or not!

Saw that right away and yeah I spin vinyl..

Back