Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping we make the 29th. The discs were supposed to be at Stoughton to get packed out on July 8th, so even the 22nd left a lot of wiggle room which is why I set that date. It's ironic. I never set dates because it just never works, but this time I did because the timelines seemed so plausible! And they still missed it. The discs arrived at Stoughton two days ago, and worse, as of Monday they were telling me the discs should have already been there. Nevertheless, they are there now and Stoughton is packing them out next week. If they don't make next Friday it will be early the following week. I apologize for the delays. I'll never set firm dates again!

Thank you for being so open about your business(y)..some of us realize the uphill battle it can be when you are involved with physical discs...and those of us that LOVE the disc medium and want it to continue will also support people like you...it's so refreshing to deal with someone in the music business that isn't just a "suit"/numbers cruncher....we lucked out with Marshall from Audio Fidelity and now you have our attention...I'm especially glad you expounded on the environment in the music business...because a lot of people on these forums have not idea how difficult it is in the financial arena...people are under the misconception that the smaller labels are just making money by the truckload...when it is the distributors that hold you for ransom with their demands...that's why you see Music Direct owning MoFi and Acoustic Sounds owns Analogue Productions...it's like someone trying to start an automobile company and compete with the major auto brands....not impossible to do but certainly an uphill task..

Do you use the SACD pressing plant in Austria?..or another location?

Thank you for being so open about your business(y)..some of us realize the uphill battle it can be when you are involved with physical discs...and those of us that LOVE the disc medium and want it to continue will also support people like you...it's so refreshing to deal with someone in the music business that isn't just a "suit"/numbers cruncher....we lucked out with Marshall from Audio Fidelity and now you have our attention...I'm especially glad you expounded on the environment in the music business...because a lot of people on these forums have not idea how difficult it is in the financial arena...people are under the misconception that the smaller labels are just making money by the truckload...when it is the distributors that hold you for ransom with their demands...that's why you see Music Direct owning MoFi and Acoustic Sounds owns Analogue Productions...it's like someone trying to start an automobile company and compete with the major auto brands....not impossible to do but certainly an uphill task..

Do you use the SACD pressing plant in Austria?..or another location?

There is no getting around the financial side- it's expensive to do these things the right way. And you're right, the only thing getting dropped off in truckloads are the LPs! I expect to do fine over the long haul, but I can honestly say that I've not recouped my startup costs at this point. And when more money comes in so do more projects and out it goes again!

On competing with Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions, it has never felt like competition. We don't do the same kinds of records at all, so I don't feel like they see me as competition so much as a valued vendor who supplements their won offerings. They and Elusive Disc are great, great partners for me and if you're on their distribution lists you know that they market the hell out of my titles, and send out new blasts when I get good reviews, etc. I could not be happier with both of them. And please don't misconstrue that means I'm unhappy with anyone else. But they go the extra mile and earn every plug I send back their way.

Yes, the DADC in Austria. And UMe manages that process so I'm out of the loop a lot more than when LPs are pressed at RTI for instance. Hence my getting caught for supplying a date!

That is me. I manage marketing and communication for Vandersteen Audio in addition to playing record mogul!

Well sir you live an interesting life :)
I'd love a career in either of those industries, let alone both.

I'm in the market for new speakers and need to audition Vandersteen.
Too bad the nearest dealer is 3 hrs away and in a different country (Tacoma, WA) but I'll get down there one of these days

I also sell on Amazon as a Third Party, which unfortunately means I cannot take pre-orders. I have to get the title in stock before it goes live. I can assure you that I have built out a detail page and as soon as I can ship Stealers will be available from Amazon and also from my Shopify site, which is fulfilled by Amazon.

As a PS, I love that people here want to buy direct from me. But if you go direct to Amazon you get free Prime shipping if you're a Prime person, or you will pay a lot more doing it through Shopify. I am looking at taking it in-house but can't do so until I can pay someone to manage shipping. I"m putting all my money into releases right now!

Hiya Shane

Maybe Snood missed it, but once you get it listed on Amazon can you please update us with the url linkage........Always liked Gerry Rafferty and the Stealers Wheel stuff, not much into SACD stereo........BUT......

Snood love supporting self adverting people that go out of their way to promote their items in a personal way.

So on the impetus of Shane going out of his way to promote this on QQ and be a QQer.........Snood will most likely buy it.......OK Snood will :banana:

Well sir you live an interesting life :)
I'd love a career in either of those industries, let alone both.

I'm in the market for new speakers and need to audition Vandersteen.
Too bad the nearest dealer is 3 hrs away and in a different country (Tacoma, WA) but I'll get down there one of these days

You'd find it worth the drive- Bob and Victor at Advanced in Tacoma are the best! If you ever decide to take that trip, let me know and I'll call ahead for you. THey'll take great care of you.

Hiya Shane

Maybe Snood missed it, but once you get it listed on Amazon can you please update us with the url linkage........Always liked Gerry Rafferty and the Stealers Wheel stuff, not much into SACD stereo........BUT......

Snood love supporting self adverting people that go out of their way to promote their items in a personal way.

So on the impetus of Shane going out of his way to promote this on QQ and be a QQer.........Snood will most likely buy it.......OK Snood will :banana:

Click HERE for the link to the Intervention store front.

When Stealers is in stock it will show up there.

Hiya Shane

PS- what's with the third person thing here? I'm new here and trying to understand how everything works.

PS- what's with the third person thing here? I'm new here and trying to understand how everything works.

Snood works in mysterious ways. You and I will never completely understand how everything works, we just sorta go along with it. :)

I'm curious...what type of music do you like?...if you had the resources and it was available to you...what album would you most like to release on SACD?...(you notice my little idiosyncrasy of placing dots in between words to create a pause)..

That's a fascinating question. Or two. First, as you all know vinyl is my preferred medium. SACDs I will do opportunistically when it makes sense. Stealers for example made sense because CDs have never been in print in the US, and were only available in the UK for a short time. I'm very leery of trying Joe Jackson because those have been released in deluxe expanded CD editions. I don't need to make a killing on anything but I do need to not get killed on any of them if you get me.

I don't know if I've ever really thought as much about an absolute wish list without being tempered by filtering it through what I think is possible. That being said, Everclear, JJ and Stealers were all bands I love enough that they were quite honestly at the very top of the first lists of titles I asked for. So I have actually crossed some off of the dream list already.

But really, my youth was mixed between metal and then synth-driven new wave or electro-pop as disparate as those seem, and I'm very much a product of the 80s having been born in 1970. So, in no real order, Black Sabbath would have been a dream, as would Iron Maiden, The Cure, Depeche Mode and New Order. There are a LOT of 90s bands I'd love to do, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. But so many of these properties are being treated like they're the Beatles now and I just can't get them. So I wait and keep at it and hope things change down the road. I am very new, so I do have a track record to develop before being taken completely seriously by people holding the bigger bands and titles.

I haven't officially announced it yet as I'm trying to cut down the announcement-release times but I am doing two titles from Erasure on LP, Wonderland and The Circus. I'm afraid those are two more that have had expansive CD releases and I just don't know about their prospects for SACD and haven't asked for them.

OTOH, I have requests in for some titles I can't talk about yet that I am asking for the SACD license along with vinyl. Sorry, I know what this forum exists for and I wish I could be more effusive about how many more titles i have coming u on SACD. And I want very much to find out how the Stealers titles do before making a bigger commitment to the format.

That's a fascinating question. Or two. First, as you all know vinyl is my preferred medium. SACDs I will do opportunistically when it makes sense. Stealers for example made sense because CDs have never been in print in the US, and were only available in the UK for a short time. I'm very leery of trying Joe Jackson because those have been released in deluxe expanded CD editions. I don't need to make a killing on anything but I do need to not get killed on any of them if you get me.

I don't know if I've ever really thought as much about an absolute wish list without being tempered by filtering it through what I think is possible. That being said, Everclear, JJ and Stealers were all bands I love enough that they were quite honestly at the very top of the first lists of titles I asked for. So I have actually crossed some off of the dream list already.

But really, my youth was mixed between metal and then synth-driven new wave or electro-pop as disparate as those seem, and I'm very much a product of the 80s having been born in 1970. So, in no real order, Black Sabbath would have been a dream, as would Iron Maiden, The Cure, Depeche Mode and New Order. There are a LOT of 90s bands I'd love to do, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. But so many of these properties are being treated like they're the Beatles now and I just can't get them. So I wait and keep at it and hope things change down the road. I am very new, so I do have a track record to develop before being taken completely seriously by people holding the bigger bands and titles.

I haven't officially announced it yet as I'm trying to cut down the announcement-release times but I am doing two titles from Erasure on LP, Wonderland and The Circus. I'm afraid those are two more that have had expansive CD releases and I just don't know about their prospects for SACD and haven't asked for them.

OTOH, I have requests in for some titles I can't talk about yet that I am asking for the SACD license along with vinyl. Sorry, I know what this forum exists for and I wish I could be more effusive about how many more titles i have coming u on SACD. And I want very much to find out how the Stealers titles do before making a bigger commitment to the format.

SABBATH!!!! Hell, I'd even buy those in stereo...even though I want Quad! Bring it on Shane, bring it on...

Alas, Sabbath is as untouchable as the Beatles. Rhino/warner did those themselves. I don't see any hope there.

From a fan/buyer perspective...that is the most frustrating thing about our audiophile hobby...there are tons of awesome music titles just sitting in vaults that could be released and the companies that have them either make them so costly to license or they just sit on them:):nuke

From a fan/buyer perspective...that is the most frustrating thing about our audiophile hobby...there are tons of awesome music titles just sitting in vaults that could be released and the companies that have them either make them so costly to license or they just sit on them:):nuke
Warner did a great job with their LPs from what I understand. And btw, sometimes it's the band's management that makes them expensive or sit on them. Some artists extracted such amazing deals for themselves that it's just not workable to do a reissue.

Warner did a great job with their LPs from what I understand. And btw, sometimes it's the band's management that makes them expensive or sit on them. Some artists extracted such amazing deals for themselves that it's just not workable to do a reissue.

Yep...that's sad too...the other thing is some artists don't want their music in surround sound...which is puzzling to me...but it happens...in you travels have you met Steven Wilson or Elliot Scheiner?...they are the gold standard in the audiophile surround community...

Yep...that's sad too...the other thing is some artists don't want their music in surround sound...which is puzzling to me...but it happens...in you travels have you met Steven Wilson or Elliot Scheiner?...they are the gold standard in the audiophile surround community...

I might have met Elliot at some point. I was in the press back in the DVD-A vs. SACD format war, so it's possible. However, I'm very aware of his work and Mr Wilson's too.

I might have met Elliot at some point. I was in the press back in the DVD-A vs. SACD format war, so it's possible. However, I'm very aware of his work and Mr Wilson's too.

It's nice chatting with you...I have to get back to the real world right now...hopefully you continue stopping by the forum...it's kind of dead on sundays...thanks again for your information:)

Back