What's the best cue program for creating them for a flac/wav file?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
If I create a 5.1 flac file that contains say 10 or 12 unrelated tunes and I want to put it in a folder on a hard drive for playing in the Oppo, but I don't want to create individual files just the one big one, is there a program that let's you create a cue file that allows you to enter the track information (start time, stop time, track number, etc) like when you create a DVD-A in Discwelder from a large MLP file for that created flac? I googled to see what popped up but everything I found about cue file creation wants to run out on the internet and get the track data from some CD database.

(I probably should already know this, but I'm getting old, ya know?) :confused: :confused:

Rats, wrong answer... you have already a single big file.
With a single big file, use Notepad and fills in the info you need. Much easier and quicker than using other stuff. Use a older cuesheet from another cd as a template.

No way. I'm using cuetools every time but it doesn't work the way Jon needs.

No way. I'm using cuetools every time but it doesn't work the way Jon needs.

I looked around for something like he needs and never found one. Ended up using Soundforge pro and chopping it up into individual song tracks. The three players I use have gapless playback, so in the end, I prefer to have the individual songs rather than one long file.

Don't know why it is difficult to write down a text-only file like that, it is faster than splitting down to individual files and you avoid the gapless playback issue.Just copy & save as a template.cue, then change whatever suit your needs.

***begin of cuesheet***
REM GENRE "Rock"
REM DATE 1976
REM DISCID 7407770A
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
TITLE "Blast From Your Past"
FILE "Ringo Starr - Blast From Your Past.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful And You're Mine)"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:00:32
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "No No Song/Skokiaan"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 02:47:40
INDEX 01 02:49:37
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "It Don't Come Easy"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 05:18:47
INDEX 01 05:20:65
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Photograph"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 08:23:07
INDEX 01 08:25:57
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Back Off Boogaloo"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 12:20:57
INDEX 01 12:23:70
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Only You (And You Alone)"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 15:41:35
INDEX 01 15:44:07
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Beaucoups Of Blues"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 19:07:52
INDEX 01 19:11:60
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Oh My My"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 21:44:12
INDEX 01 21:47:70
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Early 1970"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 26:02:20
INDEX 01 26:05:70
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "I'm The Greatest"
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
INDEX 00 28:25:12
INDEX 01 28:28:67
***end of cuesheet***

Easier version, without pause between tracks and other fancyness

***begin of cuesheet***
REM DATE 1976
PERFORMER "Ringo Starr"
TITLE "Blast From Your Past"
FILE "Ringo Starr - Blast From Your Past.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful And You're Mine)"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "No No Song/Skokiaan"
INDEX 01 02:49:37
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "It Don't Come Easy"
INDEX 01 05:20:65
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Photograph"
INDEX 01 08:25:57
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Back Off Boogaloo"
INDEX 01 12:23:70
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Only You (And You Alone)"
INDEX 01 15:44:07
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Beaucoups Of Blues"
INDEX 01 19:11:60
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Oh My My"
INDEX 01 21:47:70
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Early 1970"
INDEX 01 26:05:70
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "I'm The Greatest"
INDEX 01 28:28:67
***end of cuesheet***

If I create a 5.1 flac file that contains say 10 or 12 unrelated tunes and I want to put it in a folder on a hard drive for playing in the Oppo, but I don't want to create individual files just the one big one, is there a program that let's you create a cue file that allows you to enter the track information (start time, stop time, track number, etc) like when you create a DVD-A in Discwelder from a large MLP file for that created flac? I googled to see what popped up but everything I found about cue file creation wants to run out on the internet and get the track data from some CD database.

(I probably should already know this, but I'm getting old, ya know?) :confused: :confused:

Did you resolve this Jon?

Does the Oppo support Playlist files (M3U)? That allows you to create a simple text file that has 'pointers' to each song you want to play (no need to create a new big FLAC file or enter each track's length/time)

Do you really need to merge the unrelated files into single FLAC file? Could just copy all the individual FLACs to a new folder and play that?

I have a small app to create M3U playlists from any audio files (works well for Kodi). I guess I could add something to merge the FLACs into a single file and auto create a CUE?

Thanks everyone. I will try the winopener text method this weekend.

What I was thinking of doing was related to the Rust Never Sleeps BluRay. I wanted to get it down as a 24/192 audio file, but without all of the Woodstock and other associated non-music areas. I have the massive file on my PC and can easily edit out the non-music, but I'd just as soon leave the results as a big file, create a cue, and put it in it's own directory on my .flac drive for the Oppo.

Back