Help please. How to split a long 5.1 wav with cue sheet into separate tracks?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi everyone,

I have a few albums which have been converted as one long 5.1 wav file which uses a cue sheet. When I import it into Audacity, it gives me two tracks with white noise.

What am I doing wrong? I'm not experienced in this so any help is appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Hi everyone,

I have a few albums which have been converted as one long 5.1 wav file which uses a cue sheet. When I import it into Audacity, it gives me two tracks with white noise.

What am I doing wrong? I'm not experienced in this so any help is appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Is it a DTSWAV file? If so, that would explain the white noise as the file would need to be decoded by a DTS decoder. Audacity probably thinks it's a standard LPCM stereo file, hence the white noise.

Is it a DTSWAV file? If so, that would explain the white noise as the file would need to be decoded by a DTS decoder. Audacity probably thinks it's a standard LPCM stereo file, hence the white noise.

Yes it is. Is there any way to work around this? Would foobar or audiomuxer help me with this?

Be sure the CUE file correctly references the WAV file, drag the CUE file into foobar. It should recognize the tracks. Then have it convert to individual WAV files. Be sure the DTS plugin for foobar is not installed, otherwise it will output the files as (giant) multichannel WAV files.

Be sure the CUE file correctly references the WAV file, drag the CUE file into foobar. It should recognize the tracks. Then have it convert to individual WAV files. Be sure the DTS plugin for foobar is not installed, otherwise it will output the files as (giant) multichannel WAV files.

Merci beaucoup! :)

Foobar sees the cue sheet, but when I try to convert, I get a long error message containing:

6 out of 6 tracks converted with major problems.

Source:
Unable to open file for writing (Object not found) : "G:\01.

Did you open the CUE file in a text editor (like notepad) and confirm it refers to the proper filename and location for the WAV file? And then is the location you specified in a location on your hard drive?

Man this computer audiophile stuff is geeky.

Did you open the CUE file in a text editor (like notepad) and confirm it refers to the proper filename and location for the WAV file? And then is the location you specified in a location on your hard drive?

Man this computer audiophile stuff is geeky.

I see, I have to specify the location. I did not know that. I'll work on this and will report back.

Thanks again for your patience and assistance! :)

I was able to modify the cue sheet with the correct file location path.

Unfortunately, I still get an error message, albeit a different one:

Unable to open source file: Unsupported file format
Conversion failed: Unsupported file format

It's possible that I do. If so, how do I uninstall it?

I have done what you are trying to do many times.

I use cuetools to split the single dts .wav into separate tracks. To do that you will need a valid cue sheet. This will produce separate dts.wav files. You can stop there if you like and play them back as dts files through a proper decoder.

OR...

You can then load the separate tracks into Foobar 2000 and convert them to flac. Foobar will recognize that they are dts and perform the conversion.

I use cuetools to split the single dts .wav into separate tracks. To do that you will need a valid cue sheet. This will produce separate dts.wav files. You can stop there if you like and play them back as dts files through a proper decoder.

OR...

You can then load the separate tracks into Foobar 2000 and convert them to flac. Foobar will recognize that they are dts and perform the conversion.

Thanks! I'll get cuetools right away. :)

OR...

That's also an option but Foobar can do it in one go, to wav or flac. I also did that many times :).

So far I've tries with both programs and I still get error messages. I guess there's something I'm not yet doing correctly. Talk about a learning curve. :)

What error are you getting from cuetools?

Cuetools seems to have worked. The result was that I got a file titled image.cue and one titled image.wav

Is that what I'm supposed to get?

Back