Marillion-Fear 5.1 DVD BLU-RAY SETS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh..! :yikes

Well I shall cancel my order fourthchannelwith then! :D

..I only want standalone 5.1 discs! I'm paying for the .1, I want that too or the deal is off! :ugham:

Right?! Same with those people who leave the theater when the credits start rolling... Don't they understand they paid for the whole movie?! ;-)

Awesome news about the SACD, really excited!

Right?! Same with those people who leave the theater when the credits start rolling... Don't they understand they paid for the whole movie?! ;-)

Awesome news about the SACD, really excited!

Lol.. :D

That's like the Kap said about people missing the Beatles concert at the end of the new movie as they'd left at the credits already..! :eek:

You know if you're in McDonalds and someone's slurping and sucking, making a terrible racket hoovering up that last drop of strawberry milkshake through their straw..?

As much as its disturbing the peace for other diners in the restaurant, who hasn't been that guy trying to squeeze as much as they can for their money outta something..! :p

(Wocka.. :D )

Colsky said in another thread:

"I really hope that this turns out to be the case, fingers crossed. But a couple of people on the Marillion fan forum have said that the band's manager said a while ago that the SACD was only stereo, so they are guessing that the wording on the back of the SACD may be an error. Hopefully not. I'm monitoring the Marillion forum in case there's confirmation either way."

Now it wouldn't be the first time something was labelled incorrectly, guess we will find out soon.

For me not ordering this as I bought a previous Marillion(Sounds that can't be made) and the mix/mastering wasn't very good and I thought I would like it eventually but I just can't get into it so unless others here say this is outstanding it's a wait and see as to many other good albums coming out in next few weeks.
Did Mike Hunter mix the new one as well?

Haha.. well they can go FEAR themselves, they just lost a sale.

No more purchases of things that have Quads or 5.1 mixes that could have been utilised on a Stereo only SACD/DVD/Blu-ray, for me, from now on.. line in the sand drawn here and now.

Ridiculous! Canceled the intention of ordering! Heck, might even skip the tour, too, just on principle...

Ps. for anyone who bundled this FEAR SACD in with another order from Amazon UK you've got coming in the next couple of days (Coldplay BDA, Electronic Opus BDA, F.Mac Mirage set, there's a lot coming down the pipe now = get ready to grovel.. its resolved now but I couldn't just cancel the item myself as one would so often but had to "chat" with their rep about it.. to her credit she was very helpful and cancelled this crappy FEAR SACD, once I had explained the situation.. but having to grovel to cancel something you discover at the 11th hour you do not want, was not ideal really..

Damn these labels and artists.. when are they going to get with the programme..!? SACD can do MultiChannel, include it in your SACD releases or you are wasting the capacity and capability of the format and losing sales because of the lack of inclusion of MultiCh on your SACD product. Grr..!! :p

The most disappointing thing is the error of including the multichannel text on the packaging when it shouldn't be there. False advertising right there and something which should not have been missed.

While disappointing, I'd much rather have a 2.0 hi-res layered SACD than none at all, plus the price of this is very reasonable.

Back