SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he has that Oppo then there is his playback solution for mch DSD files.

Yes. He can play DSD 64 Multichannel files with the Oppo 105.
So Marpow will want to rip his SACDs to ISO, Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64 format.

If he wants to play Multichannel DSD 128 or Multichannel DSD 256 downloads, then its time for the exaSound e38 8-Channel DAC.

Well that is a bonus then with the OPPO. Thanks everybody. Still a couple more questions as I get ready.

Do I use HDMI between OPPO and Laptop for the ripping ?

Will the www.sonore.us/iso2dsd tag the tracks and show the cover art ? or when I move the files to JRiver does it happen then?

I do already use MP3tag for my occasional errors on ripping CD's.

I am sure I will have more questions thanks for patience and your email Brian.

Or 6-chan out RCA analog.

Exactly.

I'm using an EMM Labs Switchman II Preamp/Controller here with 4 sets of 6 Channel Inputs.
The Oppo 105 here has one of them. :)

emmlabs-switchman-2-input.jpg

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_4/emm-labs-switchman-2-preamp-10-2001.html

Well that is a bonus then with the OPPO. Thanks everybody. Still a couple more questions as I get ready.

I suggest you read the instructions before asking about details. No, the connection is via Ethernet.

Will the www.sonore.us/iso2dsd tag the tracks and show the cover art ?
Yes but not always perfectly.
or when I move the files to JRiver does it happen then?
You can improve the tagging then or with other tagging programs. Tagging is always a process.

I suggest you read the instructions before asking about details. No, the connection is via Ethernet.

You can improve the tagging then or with other tagging programs. Tagging is always a process.

Thanks, good idea, hold on questions until units in hand.

Will the www.sonore.us/iso2dsd tag the tracks and show the cover art ? or when I move the files to JRiver does it happen then?

I do already use MP3tag for my occasional errors on ripping CD's.

I am sure I will have more questions thanks for patience and your email Brian.
mp3tag is a good program for tagging.

Yes. He can play DSD 64 Multichannel files with the Oppo 105.
So Marpow will want to rip his SACDs to ISO, Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64 format.

If he wants to play Multichannel DSD 128 or Multichannel DSD 256 downloads, then its time for the exaSound e38 8-Channel DAC.
Absolutely. I got the file based playback bug with the Oppo. Now using the e38 with diy music server :)

Yes, I always check the metadata and tagging with music downloads or ripped files with Tag and Rename.
Easy to tweak and add art and data to them before copying to the NAS and adding to JRiver.

I finally found the right thread for storage of the large music files DSD and FLAC. I'll come back to this when I get to actually ripping SACD via the OPPO 105.

Last edited:
My OPPO 105 arrived today.
I purchased for one purpose and that is to rip my SACD collection, stereo only for now.
I understand I connect via Ethernet, easy. I go on same network as PC.
I have the manual but of course geared to integrate in an A/V system which is not what I want to do, already good with all discs playback in my McIntosh system.
I understand I need to download the SONORE computer audio ISO2DSD Converts ISO files to DSD .

OK, now it gets confusing to me.
Can I do this without a monitor for set up etc ?
How does the ripped DSD files go from SACD in the OPPO playing to the PC ? Network wireless, interconnect cable between OPPO and PC ?
I have the BDP-105 manual if you would like to refer me to a page.
My NAS and INTEL Nuc all arrive by next week and for now I would just like to try two discs just to see how it works and how JRiver imports, etc.

Thanks for your help looking forward to helping others when I get it figured out.

I purchased for one purpose and that is to rip my SACD collection, stereo only for now.
I have the manual but of course geared to integrate in an A/V system which is not what I want to do, already good with all discs playback in my McIntosh system.
I understand I need to download the SONORE computer audio ISO2DSD Converts ISO files to DSD .

How does the ripped DSD files go from SACD in the OPPO playing to the PC ? Network wireless, interconnect cable between OPPO and PC ?
My NAS and INTEL Nuc all arrive by next week and for now I would just like to try two discs just to see how it works and how JRiver imports, etc.

Thanks for your help looking forward to helping others when I get it figured out.

I don't want to derail your thread, so forgive me if I do. You don't need Sonore if you convert to flac. If you want DSD, then I agree that you need Sonore (I use Foobar to get to flac). Regarding the Oppo setup, I've never tried without a monitor, but I imagine it's a lot easier to disable auto play and auto resume (two setup options necessary for ripping SACDs) and to obtain the IP address (also necessary) if you have a monitor.

You do not need a monitor for the Oppo but only for the PC.
If they are both on the LAN, that's the route.
Nothing relevant in it.

You do not need a monitor for the Oppo but only for the PC.
If they are both on the LAN, that's the route.
Nothing relevant in it.
Great, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Yes I do want to rip to DSD.
I noticed JRiver has a rip button in lower left of screen.
My Intel Nuc arrived today also, the Synergy NAS arrives next week, the 4 hard drives arrived yesterday.
Thanks Kal, I think I know enough now to at least try.

Mark, one word of advice, as you are going to regret otherwise. You rip the SACD ISO first. From that ISO you can extract the stereo and/or multichannel layer to dsf files. If you dont extract the mch, please keep the ISO for future use. what you want to avoid is having to re rip the SACDs when you do want your mch DSF files.

And that Oppo 105 is able to play those mch DFS files btw, I used to do this when I still had the Oppo 105 in my chain.

Mark, one word of advice, as you are going to regret otherwise. You rip the SACD ISO first. From that ISO you can extract the stereo and/or multichannel layer to dsf files. If you dont extract the mch, please keep the ISO for future use. what you want to avoid is having to re rip the SACDs when you do want your mch DSF files.

And that Oppo 105 is able to play those mch DFS files btw, I used to do this when I still had the Oppo 105 in my chain.
Thank you, super great advice, something I was wondering about but didn't want to overload myself and this forum. With the NAS system going in next week I will be able to store all the files and next year the Exasound38 comes in I will be all set.
I have over 250 MOFI and Audio Fidelity stereo only SACD's, not to mention racks of others, so I have my work cut out for me before I even hit the MCH discs.

Thank you, super great advice, something I was wondering about but didn't want to overload myself and this forum. With the NAS system going in next week I will be able to store all the files and next year the Exasound38 comes in I will be all set.
I have over 250 MOFI and Audio Fidelity stereo only SACD's, not to mention racks of others, so I have my work cut out for me before I even hit the MCH discs.

Yep, I do the same. I keep the original ISO file. I've been keeping those on my Seagate device. Have I ever went back and used the .iso file again? Yep. On one occasion I realized that the SACD didn't convert to Flac at the proper level (too quiet), so I went back to .iso and converted to flac again, only increased the db (I do that within Foobar) That is a whole other can of worms though....many SACD tend to be much lower db than nearly all DVD-A and Blu-ray discs.

I don't want to derail your thread, so forgive me if I do. You don't need Sonore if you convert to flac. If you want DSD, then I agree that you need Sonore (I use Foobar to get to flac). Regarding the Oppo setup, I've never tried without a monitor, but I imagine it's a lot easier to disable auto play and auto resume (two setup options necessary for ripping SACDs) and to obtain the IP address (also necessary) if you have a monitor.

You still need Sonore to get the bits off the SACD regardless of whether or not you later convert them.

It should be easy to disable auto play and auto resume once while the Oppo is connected to a monitor. The setting is sticky and will survive a power cycle and move.

I'd recommend finding the IP address in the router settings and, as long as you're in there, using a DHCP reservation to make sure the router always hands the Oppo the same IP address forever.

For those intending to use the Oppo to play back DSD files, be sure to rip the SACDs as
Output Mode: DSDIFF Edit Master
Check Cue Sheet
Check Convert DST to DSD

You can rip to individual files if you want, but you won't get gapless playback and some albums will be painful to listen to without it. You don't necessarily need a cue sheet, but it's the only way you'll be able to identify and select individual tracks.

Options.jpg

You are welcome. and yes, before you start with ripping it can be a bit overwhelming. "where to start?" :) Been there. Good move to get the e38, you will love it.

Back