SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a trial run yesterday with a fail. I think due to my lack of experience I should get monitor for OPPO and make things a little easier.
This is what I did. I am a little further than before.
The OPPO Ethernet connected, the PC laptop wireless connected and confirmed both on same LAN.
Power to OPPO, connected Ethernet, worked well as immediately had a firmware update that was successful.
Download Sonore ISO2DSD successful, font was extremely small and couldn't find a way to make larger.
Put stereo only SACD in OPPO, read it as SACD and played, but I could not find a way for the Sonore to find it.
A reminder, I have only purchased the OPPO 105 for ripping purposes only. I have no intention to use it for playback as of this writing.
Sorry for my low tech, but if you have questions about your roof, I am the master.

I tried a trial run yesterday with a fail. I think due to my lack of experience I should get monitor for OPPO and make things a little easier.
This is what I did. I am a little further than before.
The OPPO Ethernet connected, the PC laptop wireless connected and confirmed both on same LAN.
Power to OPPO, connected Ethernet, worked well as immediately had a firmware update that was successful.
Download Sonore ISO2DSD successful, font was extremely small and couldn't find a way to make larger.
Put stereo only SACD in OPPO, read it as SACD and played, but I could not find a way for the Sonore to find it.
A reminder, I have only purchased the OPPO 105 for ripping purposes only. I have no intention to use it for playback as of this writing.
Sorry for my low tech, but if you have questions about your roof, I am the master.

You have to manually type in the IP address of your oppo I think. Within Sonore

You have to manually type in the IP address of your oppo I think. Within Sonore

Yes, you need to look up the IP number of the Oppo in Oppo's Setup Menu and then enter it into ISO2DSD - or in the SACD_Extract batch file if you are creating an ISO image before the separate Stereo DSD and Surround DSD files.

[/QUOTE
What is the ripping key?
I ordered for $69.00 an Eyoyo 8” monitor HDMI to set up the Oppo.

Oh boy....I wish I could explain it to you...but can't because I had some troubles with it initially. Without the "key" none of this ripping will happen. Probably instructions way back at the start of this thread. Kal is the one who posted...I think.

A USB thumbdrive with the commands to put the Oppo in the ripping mode. Fully explained on all the instructions I've seen.
I assume the thumb drive that came with the OPPO ?
In post 313 you said nothing relevant in the manual. Now, I assume when you say all the instructions you mean the manual.
Seems like a puzzle of info I am getting, but I’ll get there, thank you.

No, not Oppo manual. Think of the usb and the files on it as a hack. There are instructions buried in this thread about what needs to be downloaded to the USB drive that will slow Oppo to rip sacd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet I can upload contents of my USB for you and you can copy to a blank USB memory stick. You will eventually tweak a couple settings in Oppo menu and along with contents of USB, will you then be able to rip sacd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume the thumb drive that came with the OPPO ?
In post 313 you said nothing relevant in the manual. Now, I assume when you say all the instructions you mean the manual.
Seems like a puzzle of info I am getting, but I’ll get there, thank you.

No, the USB that comes with the Oppo is a Wi-Fi adapter.

Use a blank USB drive of any size, add the two files in the instructions and modify the file with the IP address to the Oppo's IP address (found in the Oppo setup menu).

Wow getting complicated one post at a time. Well my little monitor will get here tomorrow and will work on that and get a little further. Sure is frustrating though. How would one know how to do this. I certainly don't have a clue except for this forum.. Signing off frustrated

Wow getting complicated one post at a time. Well my little monitor will get here tomorrow and will work on that and get a little further. Sure is frustrating though. How would one know how to do this. I certainly don't have a clue except for this forum.. Signing off frustrated
Did you find, read and follow the detailed ripping instructions in this thread or from elsewhere?

Marpow - I hate to say it, but you may want to read through some of these posts, in another thread. You will quickly see that I was struggling with all the lingo and instructions and my basic lack of computer skills.

Unfortunately, the original links Kal provided seem to now be dead. but, if you start with my post number 114 and start reading, you will begin to get an idea of what needs to be done. Again, I should have all those files that are referenced on my memory stick (which is still sticking from the from of my OPPO...I never removed it, even though I think I was told I could)

Don't get too discouraged......we'll get it figured out. I'll help as much as I can. As you are reading, you might surmise that many of the comments do NOT assume you will be using sonore program. But, sonore works flawlessly with these instructions I find.

SACD rip

Marpow - I hate to say it, but you may want to read through some of these posts, in another thread. You will quickly see that I was struggling with all the lingo and instructions and my basic lack of computer skills.

Unfortunately, the original links Kal provided seem to now be dead. but, if you start with my post number 114 and start reading, you will begin to get an idea of what needs to be done. Again, I should have all those files that are referenced on my memory stick (which is still sticking from the from of my OPPO...I never removed it, even though I think I was told I could)

Don't get too discouraged......we'll get it figured out. I'll help as much as I can. As you are reading, you might surmise that many of the comments do NOT assume you will be using sonore program. But, sonore works flawlessly with these instructions I find.

SACD rip

Thanks buddy, appreciate this. I am going to start from beginning and take notes with pen and paper. I am further than I was but still seems hard to figure out. I agree with you, not others fault, but I always get the feeling that others think I know something when all I know is nothing, that is why it is a new adventure. Also not versed in computer lingo, but it is amazing how much i now know just in the last 4 weeks. When I read your earlier posts you are the same as me. Today my new little monitor arrives and I can read the 105, that will be another big step and then I will figure out the USB stick ripping code.
Monday, off to work, Have a nice day to all, and I appreciate that everybody is trying to help.

Trying to rip my 3 new Doors SACDs but not having any luck. The last time I ripped a SACD was before the BDP10X-83-1226 firmware update for my BDP-103. Did this update kill the iso process? My SACD command reads "sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.3:2002 -P -I" (without the quotes). The I.P. address is correct and this is what I previously used that worked. :(

Back