Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still need to buy the 1967 and 1968 sets, but I just won a copy of the first Blu-Ray disc from the bonus "Continu/ation" set on eBay.
I definitely do not need the 2nd Blu-Ray disc from that set (with the films for "More" and "La Vallee" ["Obscured by Clouds"]) or the DVDs, so unless someone sells just the CD from that set, then I'm good to go.

:)

Lets hope its not one of the faulty ones someones selling off

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I got in my BD1 of "Continu/ation" yesterday, and it plays perfectly fine in both of my Blu-Ray players.
Overall, I would say that the clips on this Blu-Ray disc are mostly non-essential, and I cannot understand why they bothered to put them on a separate disc instead of just including them as bonus clips on each of the relevant yearly sets.
So I'm glad I was able to get this Blu-Ray disc on its own instead of buying the entire big box set mostly to acquire this disc (and the 5.1 mix of "Meddle" on its proper disc too.)
Now I just need to get the 1965-67 and 1968 sets, and I'm all good to go!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I got in my BD1 of "Continu/ation" yesterday, and it plays perfectly fine in both of my Blu-Ray players.
Overall, I would say that the clips on this Blu-Ray disc are mostly non-essential, and I cannot understand why they bothered to put them on a separate disc instead of just including them as bonus clips on each of the relevant yearly sets.

I can imagine that it may have been decided to keep some of the extras both audio and visual for this exclusive set to the box so that the fans would take the plunge for the whole thing. It sorta feels like what Jimmy Page did with the Deluxe Edition of Coda. Of course, I could be entirely wrong about this... ;)

I can imagine that it may have been decided to keep some of the extras both audio and visual for this exclusive set to the box so that the fans would take the plunge for the whole thing. It sorta feels like what Jimmy Page did with the Deluxe Edition of Coda. Of course, I could be entirely wrong about this... ;)

I think your assessment is spot on.

I think your assessment is spot on.

Let's be blunt (James) here. The real bonus, albeit an involuntary one, was the under the rug swept Meddle 5.1 Mix. :)

The content of each chapter of this fabulous musical adventure is, of course, superb. All in all, this is a lovingly put together effort (I mean the whole box set).

Let's be blunt (James) here. The real bonus, albeit an involuntary one, was the under the rug swept Meddle 5.1 Mix. :)

The content of each chapter of this fabulous musical adventure is, of course, superb. All in all, this is a lovingly put together effort (I mean the whole box set).

And AHM from the quad master is rather sweet to behold. Those two quad mixed masters are the crown jewels of the set imo.

Totally agree, Meddle (albeit hidden) was the icing on the cake that took the edge off the well overpriced big black box...
Btw, your Bar Six avatar, I'd forgotten about that Cadbury version of Rowntree's (now Nestles) Kit Kat..

Ordered all 6 yesterday, 4 of them arrived today via Amazon. :)
8BD9594D-2B96-481C-A345-652E2FFE96F5.jpg

Ordered all 6 yesterday, 4 of them arrived today via Amazon. :)
8BD9594D-2B96-481C-A345-652E2FFE96F5.jpg

WARNING: You will love the video content from these sets. I was extremely impressed by both the content and the presentation.

I dare you to watch all the performances of "Set The Controls..." in one sitting... ;)

Unfortunately, I've been under the weather most of the weekend. As a result, all I could really do is admire my newly acquired Pink Floyd sets from afar.

Today, I cracked open the one I've been waiting to see, and that would be the first one. 1965-1967 Cambridge St/ation.
Very cool. Huge Barrett fan!! As Ryan mentioned, the video content is wonderful as for the most part, I've not really seen much if any of it. Fascinating to see Syd Barrett performing.

How could I have even considered not buying these? I will for sure cherish these box sets and no chance on earth I would ever part with them. :)

Unfortunately, I've been under the weather most of the weekend. As a result, all I could really do is admire my newly acquired Pink Floyd sets from afar.

Today, I cracked open the one I've been waiting to see, and that would be the first one. 1965-1967 Cambridge St/ation.
Very cool. Huge Barrett fan!! As Ryan mentioned, the video content is wonderful as for the most part, I've not really seen much if any of it. Fascinating to see Syd Barrett performing.

How could I have even considered not buying these? I will for sure cherish these box sets and no chance on earth I would ever part with them. :)

Enjoy the sets and get well soon Gene-O. :)

I'm usually not a fan of a company releasing ten different versions of a set, but they could have done a DVD and Blu-Ray only sets for those who simply who wish to spip the CDs and go straight for the Audio Visual material.

I've searched for a Poll of 1967–1972: Continu/ation with the Meddle 5.1 mix but can't find a thread?

One of These Days, Seamus/Echoes are freakin' outstanding!

so clean

OMG, the Ravens on Echoes lol

I'm convinced that part with the guitar is a bird call homage lol

Last edited:
I've searched for a Poll of 1967–1972: Continu/ation with the Meddle 5.1 mix but can't find a thread?

One of These Days, Seamus/Echoes is freakin' outstanding!

so clean

OMG, the Ravens on Echoes lol

I'm convinced that part with the guitar is a bird call homage lol

I have said it before, and I will say it again.
Until there is an official, sanctioned release of the "Meddle" 5.1 surround mix, there will NOT be a poll for it.
There is currently a poll for the "Atom Heart Mother" Quadraphonic mix (found on the 1970 set) and I may also create a poll in the near future for the new mix of "Live at Pompeii" (found on the 1972 set).

Question (guidance please), it is ok/acceptable to discuss the intricacies/specifics of ripping the Meddle 5.1 off the BluRay disc on here? (before I attempt to discuss ;) ) I have already done the ripping myself, but wanted to discuss some finer points of this with someone who has also already carried out the rip...

Cheers,

Matt.

Question (guidance please), it is ok/acceptable to discuss the intricacies/specifics of ripping the Meddle 5.1 off the BluRay disc on here? (before I attempt to discuss ;) ) I have already done the ripping myself, but wanted to discuss some finer points of this with someone who has also already carried out the rip...

Cheers,

Matt.

I would so love to get side 1 myself, the quad mix of Echoes is outstanding and IMO is how it should have sounded for the last 46 years:)

Cheers,

Matt.

Only in a private message, please.

Why? Those who own the set are entitled to all its contents, including Meddle. Those who don't own the set don't gain anything by knowing how to rip something they don't have.

I agree. If Pink Floyd sold a product with something included, that they later changed their mind on, well, that's their problem.

It's not the buyers problem.

It's weird, there's a saying called "buyers remorse" and "lemon laws" but this is actually a case of sellers remorse (which there is no such thing).

It would be like a car salesman selling you a car and then saying, hey, I want the car back because I included something I didn't want to. Well, too bad. lol

Back