Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Those who own the set are entitled to all its contents, including Meddle. Those who don't own the set don't gain anything by knowing how to rip something they don't have.

This topic is for that which is acknowledged. The technical details for the request are discussed elsewhere. I have posted this before reminder with every album release when it gets into ripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic is for that which is acknowledged.

when you purchase something (pay actual money, currency), everything is acknowledged. It's implied in the purchase price. (BTW I don't care what PF lawyers would like, they're incorrect)

not trying to get into an argument (don't get me wrong), just stating transactional law.

just saying, this is like an Easter Egg. It's there, it just depends on who finds it.

can't blame the buyer.

This topic is for the discussion of the music and ALL technical dissection of the acknowledged or hidden content will be shuttled off to the technical section where these things are discussed. Over and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please confirm this for me? I'm a fan of 5.1 mixes specifically. If I understand correctly, originally this release was only supposed to contain two 5.1 mixes: Obscured by Clouds and Meddle. The actual release does in fact include a 5.1 mix of Meddle, but it's only available via blu-ray ripper, and the OBC mix was replaced with a 5.1 Live in Pompei mix. So there are only 2 5.1 mixes in the whole box set? Thanks in advance! :yikes

Can someone please confirm this for me? I'm a fan of 5.1 mixes specifically. If I understand correctly, originally this release was only supposed to contain two 5.1 mixes: Obscured by Clouds and Meddle. The actual release does in fact include a 5.1 mix of Meddle, but it's only available via blu-ray ripper, and the OBC mix was replaced with a 5.1 Live in Pompei mix. So there are only 2 5.1 mixes in the whole box set? Thanks in advance! :yikes
Three in fact as you have the quad AHM. Pompeii is pretty unlistenable though

Well quad is 4.0 not 5.1.. unless you're saying that it was also replaced?

The surround mix of "Atom Heart Mother" is 4.0, just as it was originally released back in the 1970s.
Same goes for "Echoes" on the 1971 Blu-Ray, except that it was previously unreleased until this set came out.

"Live at Pompeii" (and "Meddle" which is hidden away on the original 1971 Blu-Ray) is a new 5.1 surround mix.

Hope that clears everything up for you! :)

Ok just to sum it up, the total surround mixes for this box set are 2 quad (echoes/ahm) and 2 5.1 (live in pompei/meddle). Right?

So there is a 4.0 and a 5.1 mix of Echoes?

Yes, but only on the original 1971 Blu-Ray as found in the big "Early Years" box set.
The hidden 5.1 surround mix of "Meddle" was completely removed from the 1971 Blu-ray Disc when the individual yearly volumes were released earlier this year.

Ryan, you said you posted who made the new 5.1 mix for Pompeii.

I can't find the link, please repost the name and any info because I find this new 5.1 quite different than any other PF mix.

Thank You

wait, what?

I think it sounds good, definately different

careful with that axe and set the controls are finally very clear
Hi, there's some audible distortion on Careful and Saucerful that I can remember now. It's 2-3 moments that somehow spoil the whole listening experience to me. As always, this is my very personal listening experience

Ryan, you said you posted who made the new 5.1 mix for Pompeii.

I can't find the link, please repost the name and any info because I find this new 5.1 quite different than any other PF mix.

Thank You
Hi, it was Andy Jackson. He was active in the forum before the mix was released, you can find his comments on his thread

Hi, there's some audible distortion on Careful and Saucerful that I can remember now. It's 2-3 moments that somehow spoil the whole listening experience to me. As always, this is my very personal listening experience

saucerful is just downright dreadful, painful, unlistenable, excruciating

every Dog across the planet is crouching in a corner somewhere

I have to prepare myself in anticipation for it waiting to hit the forward (next) button

but

some of the the others like careful, set the controls and even echoes really shine a new bright light

I agree, I have NO IDEA how each song could be mixed that drastically different, boggles my mind

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but just wanted to be clear before I purchase - I’m looking for the meddle 5.1 mix, do all copies of the early years box set have this mix or has it been removed from newer print runs? Thank you in advance.

Hey Overheat,

Great to have you here. I am not sure about the answer to your question - and if there are newer runs of the box set, how would you know before you buy which version you were getting. Anyone know these answers?

Back