Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a lot of space to find to store it in! I can see the scenario with everyone's wives - postman knocks on the door to deliver a LARGE parcel. Wife shouts from another room "who was that at the door?". Husband replies "it was just a CD being delivered dear". :steering:

Well, I chose to have it delivered to my work office....since signature is required! At least I'll be sure to get it assuming it's delivered either Monday-Friday. :)

A Floydian Slip, perhaps, Adam?

And it came to pass that once Adam had collected every physical surround disc known to man in every conceivable format he stood atop the White Cliffs of Dover and Wept .... as there were no more worlds to conquer!

HA! :D

There'll be Blu-rays over..
the white cliffs of dover..! :music

Why is the pre-order $699 USD on amazon US https://www.amazon.com/Early-Years-1965-1972-Pink-Floyd/dp/B01J2M5J70

when it's only $499 USD on amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J20B7IW

at least amazon UK ships to the US ;)

Salsdali......it is 418.32 US dollars on Amazon UK....total which includes shipping. Misprint or not Amazon stands by their prices......usually lol :banana:

It says 378 pounds but once you put it in ur cart go to checkout the price drops to 315 pounds :banana:

Salsdali......it is 418.32 US dollars on Amazon UK....total which includes shipping. Misprint or not Amazon stands by their prices......usually lol :banana:

It says 378 pounds but once you put it in ur cart go to checkout the price drops to 315 pounds :banana:

I assume you are in the US/overseas so VAT (20%) discount for you boys

Ok, summing all this up (more for my sake than anyone else's…)

Here's the surround audio content contained in this set:
From the 1970 DEVI/ATION portion: Atom Heart Mother album original 4.0 Quad mix 1970 (Audio Only)
From the 1971 REVERBER/ATION portion: Echoes original 4.0 Quad mix 1971 (Audio Only)
From the 1972 OBFUSC/ATION portion: Live At Pompeii (with 2016 5.1 Audio Remix) [Audio-Visual Material]

And of course (as others have already pointed out) there's this tidbit:

So essentially looks like I'm waiting until 2017 for these three volumes.
:)

I thought they said two quads and two 5.1

I'm only seeing one 5.1 What is the other 5.1 because the Continuation doesn't list a 5.1??

I thought they said two quads and two 5.1

I'm only seeing one 5.1 What is the other 5.1 because the Continuation doesn't list a 5.1??

When you talk about 2 Quads and 2 5.1s, are you referring to the information that was posted yesterday from Pink Floyd's store?
If so, that information was incorrect. All of the correct information on this set has been posted this morning, and the only new 5.1 mix is the one for the Pompeii film, while the only Quad mix from "Meddle" is "Echoes".

Think I'll wait until next year for the separate sets. I'm guessing they'll be somewhere in the 30-50 dollar range each when released.

I'm still confused... is there anything in surround from "Obscured By Clouds" in this set?

No, just a new mix of the original album. I'm not surprised that there isn't a surround mix for that album at all really, it was recorded rather quickly and not labored over like most of their other albums.

I'm still confused... is there anything in surround from "Obscured By Clouds" in this set?

No, there isn't. The premature info posted yesterday from the Pink Floyd store was wrong.
See Post #122 for a summation of all surround content contained in this set.

Back