Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon.uk price 278 subtract vat 235 pounds actual for those outside of UK.
Quite the price drop in last few days, getting closer to a price point where its almost getting tempting for me.

peter

Holy cow I just put it my cart & calculated the cost - $287 US shipped. Now I'm tempted... Was absolutely on the wait until the individual releases path. Not so sure now.

Holy cow I just put it my cart & calculated the cost - $287 US shipped. Now I'm tempted... Was absolutely on the wait until the individual releases fence. Not so sure now.

Yeah, that is quite a bit cheaper.... :yikes
I need to take a walk, and think about something else... :)

Amazon.uk price 278 subtract vat 235 pounds actual for those outside of UK.
Quite the price drop in last few days, getting closer to a price point where its almost getting tempting for me.

peter

Not so nice for us mugs who bought it at full price just a month ago [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy cow I just put it my cart & calculated the cost - $287 US shipped. Now I'm tempted... Was absolutely on the wait until the individual releases path. Not so sure now.

That's odd. I just went and put it in my cart and my final cost says $304.97 shipped. I wonder why the difference?

Not so nice for us mugs who bought it at full price just a month ago [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you it does suck when items go down in price this early and feels like they are milking the hard core fans but on the plus side for those that have had this already a month or so, you have had a chance to enjoy all the material included all this time already.
I saw a copy at our local hmv and it was still priced $650 in Canadian so this price at amazon.uk is one of the only places that seems to be selling cheaper so far.

That's odd. I just went and put it in my cart and my final cost says $304.97 shipped. I wonder why the difference?

Gene, the price of this boxset has been going up and down and then back down again like a YOYO for past few days at amazon.uk, presently is going back up again, who knows which way the price is eventually going to settle.
Not sure why some titles price change numerous times in the same day but thats what happening right now with this PF set.

peter

Posted this over at the Hoffman forums, but I figured I'd try here as well:

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with DVD1 of the Devi/ation set. When I try to play the AHM Quad mix, it immediately jumps to "If" and refuses to play the title track, no matter what I do. The quad mixes are one of the main selling points for me and I do not have Blu-Ray surround capabilities, so this is a huge bummer for me. I know about some of the issues people have been having with a couple of the BD discs in the set, but I haven't read anything about DVD problems. I did notice a couple of scuffs right in the middle of the disc, so I'm wondering if that's the cause.

I've been really happy with the set so far (just got it a couple of days ago), so I'm hoping I can resolve this. I really don't want to ship it back to Amazon UK!!

Wow! That's about as cheap as it's been so far, isn't it?

My receipt says £265.93 which equals the lowest price yet...Promotion Applied: -£129.86.
Order Total: £139.15 (USD 177.53)!

Sold out, lightning deal 100% claimed.
Back to 319 GBP.

Nice experiment in psychology, apparently $177 is my price point at this moment.

If by "psychology" you mean supply and demand, basic economics and free enterprise capitalism, we are in total agreement:)

Wow, too bad I was preoccupied today.
I would have gladly bought the entire "Early Years" set for less than $200.
Hope it will drop that low again someday! :)

Back