Hong Kong Universal readying SACD of "Memories & Golden Hits" + 4 movie soundtracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hong Kong Universal Music is readying "Ultimate Sound SACD - Memories & Golden Hits"

To be released on August 3rd.

01. California Dreaming – The Mama & The Papa
02. Love is All Around – The Troggs
03. What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
04. You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me – Dusty Springfield
05. Maggie May – Rod Stewart
06. My Girl – The Temptations
07. I’ll Be There – Jackson 5
08. Crazy – Patsy Cline
09. Everyday – Buddy Holly
10. Guantanamera – The Sandpipers
11. As Tear Goes By – Marinne Faithful
12. You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling – The Righteous Brothers
13. Dancing in the Street Martha & The Vandellas
14. I Heard it Through the Gapevine – Marvin Gaye
15. You Can’t Hurry Love – Diana Ross & The Supremes
16. Keep On running – The Spence r Davis Group
17. All Right Now – Free
18. Make it Easy on Yourself – The Walker Brothers

Fans of latter day HK cinema may rejoice at the news of 4 Wong Kar-Wai movie soundtracks to be released on SACD. The SACDs include:

In The Mood For Love
Ashes of Time Redux
Happy Together
Fallen Angels

This release would be interesting given that some of these selections are very nasty sounding recordings whether on LP or redbook CD. One would suspect that the high resolution of SACD would make them sound even worse.

This release would be interesting given that some of these selections are very nasty sounding recordings whether on LP or redbook CD. One would suspect that the high resolution of SACD would make them sound even worse.

As always it depends on the source of the compilation. If they are using original tapes, it could sound quite good. On the other hand, if they use the same sources from the "nasty" releases you mention, an SACD release won't be very interesting.

As always it depends on the source of the compilation. If they are using original tapes, it could sound quite good. On the other hand, if they use the same sources from the "nasty" releases you mention, an SACD release won't be very interesting.

Very true. It's just that I've never heard a clean version of California Dreaming, Love Is All Around, or You've Lost That Loving Feeling.

BTW, there is a true stereo version of Love Is All Around out there. It is not impressive.

Back