HiRez Poll Loggins & Messina - FULL SAIL [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Loggins & Messina - FULL SAIL

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters
Gee, I am surprised to see that only 11 people have voted on this title. That can't be a good thing. I hope it is not indicative of poor sales as this is a killer mix with fantastic sound. Please vote if you have bought this one.

I've not been playing this disc too much, or not playing any of my quadraphonic SACDs too much. It's because I love them and do not want to burn out on any of them.

I am most interested in vintage mixes right now than I am newer 5.1 stuff. It's the 4.0 mixes that are at risk of being lost to the hands of time.

I really hope that Audio Fidelity can get another baker's dozen of these beauties out before it's over. Full Sail really is such a good example of what vintage quad is like on modern disc.

This is another AF title that I bought having not previously owned any other version and I'm happy to say that it's another very pleasant surprise for me. I enjoy the material a great deal and find both the quad mix and sound quality to be excellent. I give it a strong 9.

I notice this particular disc doesn't say QUAD on the outer jacket like the other Loggins/Messina disc does. Why not?
Oh, and I voted a 9. Nearly a 10...but not quite. :)

I notice this particular disc doesn't say QUAD on the outer jacket like the other Loggins/Messina disc does. Why not?
Oh, and I voted a 9. Nearly a 10...but not quite. :)

It scares the two channel crowd.

It scares the two channel crowd.

Yes it does, and (like it or not) they are a bigger market segment than we are ... and it really doesn't matter if they ever play the multichannel layer, as long as our combined purchasing volume contributes to more releases. I am just happy that they release multichannel titles, and I don't really care if they make a big deal about it on the slip case.

Last edited:
Great mix and sound. Like the album more now than I did back in the day, I think. It has aged well.

Very nice disc. Sad that it doesn't seem like there will be anymore of these Columbia classic quads from AF though.

An easy "9"

Sad thing just as im getting into multi channel music both AF and Oppo are giving up the ghost.
Managed to get this one. Excellent laid back mellow music...gave it a 9

Sad thing just as im getting into multi channel music both AF and Oppo are giving up the ghost.
Managed to get this one. Excellent laid back mellow music...gave it a 9
You'll see trends come and go. Rhino and Dutton-Vocalion are putting out some great titles. UMe is a bit hit and miss, but they keep the titles coming, which is nice.
There is actually more surround being released right now that I can either afford or make time to listen to.

A solid 10!!!

The standout track for me is ‘You Need A Man’... The intro sounds a bit like ‘Don’t Stop ‘Til You get enough’ and then goes onto this great song... But wait until the second half?! It kicks in with another belter of a tune... 🕺🏼

Great album! Perfect mix, perfect tunes, perfect fidelity. One of the AF standouts... Defo recommend...

A solid 10!!!

The standout track for me is ‘You Need A Man’... The intro sounds a bit like ‘Don’t Stop ‘Til You get enough’ and then goes onto this great song... But wait until the second half?! It kicks in with another belter of a tune... 🕺🏼

Great album! Perfect mix, perfect tunes, perfect fidelity. One of the AF standouts... Defo recommend...

Right on, Master Smithers. I awarded FULL SAIL a solid 10 some time ago and it was always on my absolute MUST HAVE SURROUND TITLES wish list and AF very kindly acquiesced with a superb transfer.

Right on, Master Smithers. I awarded FULL SAIL a solid 10 some time ago and it was always on my absolute MUST HAVE SURROUND TITLES wish list and AF very kindly acquiesced with a superb transfer.

Right on Signore Raphael! It’s a beauty! You never know maybe another re-issue company (apart from D-V) will come ‘sailing down the wind’ to unearth some of these fantastic quads?!

Stereo is over? 👍🏻 Streaming is over?! 👍🏻 All we are saying is give us some Quad... Maybe we’re just a few years ahead?! 😎

Nothing negative to say about this album. I liked Loggins & Messina even back in the day when they got a lot of flack from rockers. They were great when I saw them live around the time of Full Sail's release, and this is my favorite of their albums. Excellent songs, great quad mix. An easy ten all the way.

Im revising my 9 upwards i was VERY hesitant to give out 10s being new here but now that ive been here a bit n having listened to this album several times now along with alot of others ive picked up this disc/quad deserves a 10!

Im revising my 9 upwards i was VERY hesitant to give out 10s being new here but now that ive been here a bit n having listened to this album several times now along with alot of others ive picked up this disc/quad deserves a 10!

Definitely a 10 as long as you dig the tunes. Mix and sound quality top notch. Great production on this album.

It's very good in terms of the mix. An almost perfect blend of superb instrumentation with Messina's production. One of those easy listening '70s quad albums which hits the spot when you're in the mood (America's Hearts would be another example - though the 5.1 Homecoming is even better). As far as the music, it's fine, but the first two albums are superior. Overall: a 9 for me.

Yes such an accomplishment from Audio Fidelity to find the tapes and get this one out there, and sounding so nice!

AF have put out my favorite batch of quad albums of any SACD reissue label. I will never forget these SACDs. I will play them for the rest of my life.

Quad was happening when I was age 13, 14, and 15. It’s worth reliving for that alone and yet the music on the albums is so good.

Last edited:
Back