Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys: Machine Gun and People, Hell & Angels on SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now to Machine Gun, stereo Hybrid SACD. Big full power trio sound, duh, what would you expect. Some amplifier noise in recording, but who cares. I at 75db and all good. I do believe I prefer the People, Hell and Angels over Machine Gun for the simple reason it is new and fresh. You will be missing out if you purchase these via download as the liner notes are fantastic. Friday night, whiskey and beer, wife's at work, Chinese food if I feel like eating, and Tales Blu Ray is in my hand.

You will be missing out if you purchase these via download as the liner notes are fantastic.

Also, it had been mentioned to me by another Hendrix fanatic that the download for Machine Gun has clipping in one channel yet the CD derived rip does not. He hasn't ripped the SACD so I've no news on that. My recollection of the P,H&A CD was a little underwhelming and what I've heard of the first BoG night was mostly good but generally I think I preferred the second night

My technical audiophile note on Machine Gun: I think this is what music is supposed to be with zero compression, while listening I have it really cranked with no ear fitigue, I have raised and lowered volume. I played in car today also, and the car vs the home is miles apart. Speaking of, Buddy Miles really shines on vocals on a few tracks.

Back