Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys: Machine Gun and People, Hell & Angels on SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get awarded the silver star, rt. But I WAS hoping that SONY US would activate their SACD program stateside as they reneged on their BD~A launch....as we are all well aware. Still wonder whether it will be multichannel.

The press release has already said that it will be a stereo SACD, no multichannel mix.

I should think that this release would generate MORE excitement:

Hendrix on SACD! A First and we should all be ecstatic. I was listening to the remastered SONY LEGACY Hendrix RBCDs on my system last night cranked up and they sound fantastic but imagine them on SACD?

IMO, this is a very important release and a number of FIRSTs........ Show some enthusiasm fellas, and please, dispense with the petulant nitpicking

I started an earlier post thusly "Even if this was announced as MCH I would not be too excited." But that was referring ONLY to the MCH aspect of the discussion. As noted earlier in the thread, I will be buying this for sure, and am very excited that this has been remixed to stereo from the multis! I am a big Hendrix fan and welcome any and all (properly mastered) new releases of his material. I hope I did not give an impression otherwise. Hendrix on SACD? Yes, please!

More news on the Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun" and "People, Hell & Angels" albums from Acoustic Sounds.
Turns out that Analogue Productions is issuing the Stereo SACD editions of both Hendrix reissues.

SACD pre-order links will be available soon from Acoustic Sounds.

"Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/69 and People, Hell & Angels are being released the same day in SACD and high-resolution digital formats, the first-ever Jimi Hendrix hi-res digital releases! The SACDs will be issued by Analogue Productions."
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...ast_12311969_First_Show-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Yes, both of the Hendrix reissues in Sony's News Release are coming to Stereo SACD.
The good news continues.... :)

So how far behind are ALL the Hendrix titles on SACD? Have been listening intently to all the Hendrix SONY Legacy reissues at loud volumes and they really sound fantastic........GREAT candidates for the surround treatment but unlikely that will ever happen unless the Multichannel Maven waves his magico wand!

Wow, rt. Watch the included video. TWO VERY anticipated releases and a NEW Hendrix unreleased recording on SACD, People, Hell & Angels has Buddy Miles on Drums and Stephen Stills on bass guitar.

Cool clip. Some of the best wha-wha.

Both of the Jimi Hendrix SACDs are available for pre-order from Music Direct.
Ship date is shown as Setember 30th.

Hendrix SACDs at Music Direct.jpg

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/Jimi-Hendrix---People--Hell-and-Angels-(Hybrid-SACD)
https://www.musicdirect.com/optical...llmore-East-First-Show-12311969-(Hybrid-SACD)

Arrived today, will listen after Marillion. Two new Jimi Hendrix discs from AP. Both are stereo only SACD. Super Duper good liner notes and pictures. My first Hendrix in Hi Res, awesome.

Arrived today, will listen after Marillion. Two new Jimi Hendrix discs from AP. Both are stereo only SACD. Super Duper good liner notes and pictures. My first Hendrix in Hi Res, awesome.

Let us Know how they are Marpow pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :banana:

Let us Know how they are Marpow pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :banana:

Wil do with pleasure Mr. Snood, thank you. Which one should I listen to first? I kind of am intrigued with People, Hell and Angels as I don't know what to expect, so maybe that first.

Well, my my my, Jimi Hendrix has risen from the dead. People, Hell and Angels, I just have to listen at 75db as it is Hendrix. He literally is on fire, my favorite Hendrix disc, and I have them all. I will listen to this a thousand times in the next month. SACD for Hendrix: you can hear this blazing, amplified, technical, firestorm of guitar that makes me want to cry. Every guitar player will be ordering this disc very fast. Fantastic liner notes for each track, how he came to the studio, who where other musicians, how Eddie Kramer put each track together, etc, etc. Tiny negative, some background vocals can be a little shrill, but who cares, this is Hendrix coming off Electric Ladyland and he is magic power. Love it. Listen to the other disc tomorrow I am too excited over this sonic glory, my hero.

Wil do with pleasure Mr. Snood, thank you. Which one should I listen to first? I kind of am intrigued with People, Hell and Angels as I don't know what to expect, so maybe that first.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo Doooooooooooooooooooo both at the same time!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MARPOW?? :mad:@:

My Husband Joe just informed me that Music Direct shipped the 2 Hendrix SACD's yesterday. Amazingly, he's giving them to me now, instead of as presents on Sweetest Day or Christmas, like lots of the other new titles I'm awaiting. The bad news is that Music Direct shipped them Parcel Post. They didn't show up today. Although we're 50 miles from Music Direct, the SACD's may be on the slow boat...

Do you have the two Jimi Hendrix SACD's coming ? My AP order supposed to arrive on Monday, first time Jimi in SACD, I'm excited.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&artistID=3380&categoryID=4

My Husband Joe just informed me that Music Direct shipped the 2 Hendrix SACD's yesterday. Amazingly, he's giving them to me now, instead of as presents on Sweetest Day or Christmas, like lots of the other new titles I'm awaiting. The bad news is that Music Direct shipped them Parcel Post. They didn't show up today. Although we're 50 miles from Music Direct, the SACD's may be on the slow boat...

ahhh...the wonders of "modern life"...sorry about it...I ordered The Romantics' greatest hits for my wife for her Bday, which is on SUNDAY(aaand who had to be hospitalized AGAIN today-I'm really going crazy-) but it's coming from the US..and , even though packages from the US get here rather fast..it did not get here on time...

Back