Blackfield V out in November

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw that they (BF) had posted that pre-orders were starting shortly I had meant to check Burning Shed yesterday. Anyway, pre-ordered too....I'm quite looking forward to this one.

Here's a preview video from YouTube (the audio quality is suspect, but I think most people will be able to hear the quality of music beyond the YouTube quality audio)

[video=youtube;OtCrRZDJhkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtCrRZDJhkk[/video]

:)

From SW's FB page:

The new Blackfield album "V" is now available to pre-order from Burning Shed on standard CD, deluxe media book CD/Blu-Ray, and double 180gram vinyl (cut at 45rpm) in gatefold sleeve. There are also copies of a limited single vinyl picture disc edition, not recommended for an audiophile experience, but it does highlight Lasse Hoile's very beautiful cover photography, and makes a nice collectors item.

I'm very proud of this album, it might be our best yet, a flowing collection of 13 tracks with a loose concept relating to the cycle of life, but with the emphasis on succinct melancholic songs and beautifully layered production, including three songs produced by Alan Parsons.

I really hope you enjoy it. "V" is released on 18th November.

"Buy dat sh**?"

BDS stands for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement, which is a Pro-Palestine and Anti-Israel movement.
So basically, it appears that keenly is boycotting this album because of Blackfield's strong ties to Israel. (Ok, that's an over simplification, but this is a music forum, not a political forum.)
As far as I'm concerned, anyone on here can buy or not buy an album for any reason, but I personally think it's silly to boycott an album because of an artist's social and political views (cause if that were the case I probably would not have bought a lot of albums I currently own…)
For me, I either like the music (and the quality it's released in) or I do not, and I leave it at that, but hey, people can do as they please.

Trying to advance a socio/political agenda in a music forum only serves to derail the thread and adds nothing to the intent of the conversation for this group. Please cut the political crap less you want to be viewed more like a troll than a member

Yes, I supposed it was that, but QQ is not the forum for this.

Trying to advance a socio/political agenda in a music forum only serves to derail the thread and adds nothing to the intent of the conversation for this group. Please cut the political crap less you want to be viewed more like a troll than a member

It seems like these socio/political derailments always come from the same people, and it's also always the same people (mods) that have to 'cut the crap' to get things back on track, but I guess some things will never change, will they?
(BTW I hope no one's frustrated at me for explaining what 'BDS' is. I would have never had to go down that rabbit hole if it wasn't brought up in the first place, but at least now, people can understand that it doesn't further the conversation on "Blackfield V", so all of these posts will probably be gone before we know it.) ;)

Disappointing news from Burning Shed.

They are now reporting that Blackfield V will not be released until January 2017.

:(

Disappointing news from Burning Shed.

They are now reporting that Blackfield V will not be released until January 2017.

:(

This is was one of the most anticipated releases for me for this year, to bad there is going to be a delay, wonder why?
In checking around all other places have not changed the date yet but not holding my breath as BurningShed is usually ahead of the game in announcing stuff properly.
Oh well 2017 it is then.....

Hmmm....now February 10th, not January....another short delay....but I can live with that (like I have a choice?). The snippets sound very good and it's a highly anticipated release in my home. Very glad Aviv seems to have come around to the 5.1 side.

Hmmm....now February 10th, not January....another short delay....but I can live with that (like I have a choice?). The snippets sound very good and it's a highly anticipated release in my home. Very glad Aviv seems to have come around to the 5.1 side.

I'm glad it's delayed. Save's me a few dollars for now. :)

I'm glad it's delayed. Save's me a few dollars for now. :)

That's not the case for me.
Unfortunately since Burning Shed charges your card at the time of purchase, I've already paid for it, but other than that, the delays are not bothering me very much.

That's not the case for me.
Unfortunately since Burning Shed charges your card at the time of purchase, I've already paid for it, but other than that, the delays are not bothering me very much.

OH! Well, OK then. I dunno where I ordered it from.....but I sure thought someone had said that Burning Shed doesn't charge till it ships. If what you say is true, it only proves I don't follow my expenses very well. Now I'm going to see where I ordered it from.

EDIT - I ordered from Amazon UK. :)
EDIT x2 - The FAQ on Burning Shed says they charge you for both pre-orders and in stock orders the moment you click "purchase" Bummer....that sure makes me feel differently from now forward...

Back