Blackfield V out in November

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH! Well, OK then. I dunno where I ordered it from.....but I sure thought someone had said that Burning Shed doesn't charge till it ships. If what you say is true, it only proves I don't follow my expenses very well. Now I'm going to see where I ordered it from.

EDIT - I ordered from Amazon UK. :)
EDIT x2 - The FAQ on Burning Shed says they charge you for both pre-orders and in stock orders the moment you click "purchase" Bummer....that sure makes me feel differently from now forward...

I can understand that, but for me it's like I forgot that I paid for it when it turns up on the doorstep. Bonus!! ;)

I have only had one problem with Burning Shed in years of purchasing and shipping to Australia, and not only did they fix it and re-ship it ASAP, they supplied me with some sampler CDs that I enjoyed very much. Will continue to happily order from them.

Oh boy...more money to spend...and....
ORDERED!!

From Amazon UK, for me is US $18.90 shipped. I LOVE these sort of prices...awesome.

And.......delayed...again. :) More time to save money...or spend more :)

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Blackfield "Blackfield V"
Estimated arrival date: February 18 2017 - February 23 2017

Here's a new interview with Aviv talking about BF5:
[video=youtube;evLMTMuAmhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evLMTMuAmhQ[/video]

While the forum was down this morning, I discovered that Spotify and iTunes have three full-length tracks from "Blackfield V" that can be played and downloaded.
The first two of those three tracks ("Family Man" and "How Was Your Ride?") are exceptionally good, and I think these are some of the best Blackfield tracks I have heard since the release of "Blackfield II" almost 10 years ago!

:)

And these songs are also on YouTube! :)

[video=youtube;lNM0TiaRewE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNM0TiaRewE[/video]

really good tracks, good to hear SW back in the fold....he brings out the best in Aviv.

Those that pre-ordered from Burning Shed - check your emails....they sent out a link to get the three songs as the "Family Man EP" as a thank you for being patient over the delay of the album release.

Ahead of the release of their new studio album V on February 10th through Kscope, Blackfield, a collaboration between Israeli songwriter and musician Aviv Geffen and British musician and producer Steven Wilson, have revealed the first teaser video for the album.

Created by long time collaborator Lasse Hoile (www.lassehoile.com), this video comprises of clips from “Family Man”, “Sorrys” and “How Was Your Ride”
[video=youtube;jFKBA_TsgWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKBA_TsgWw[/video]

:)

A surprising turn of events. Bruce Soord has also been mixing some tracks of this album, from a tweet

Wow, that is indeed a fascinating development.
First, Steven Wilson hands the 5.1 mixing of "Lost in the Ghost Light" (the new Tim Bowness album) over to Bruce after he ran out of time to mix it in surround himself having to go on tour (that's from his Facebook page) and now he hasn't even had the time to fully mix "Blackfield V" in surround either.
I think this recent turn of events goes to show that Steven's priorities are shifting away from surround sound, although we should still expect him to continue mixing his solo work in surround and do the same for certain artists (XTC, Jethro Tull, etc.)

Odd. I have full confidence in Bruce's abilities, and I'm sure he'll do a fine job. But, I do wonder how obvious the different mixing styles will be, and if it'll be apparent - or maybe even jarring - from track to track. When I finally get this in my hands, I think I'll avoid reading the mixing credits and I'll play a game of "Guess the surround engineer" :) Should be interesting!

Odd. I have full confidence in Bruce's abilities, and I'm sure he'll do a fine job. But, I do wonder how obvious the different mixing styles will be, and if it'll be apparent - or maybe even jarring - from track to track. When I finally get this in my hands, I think I'll avoid reading the mixing credits and I'll play a game of "Guess the surround engineer" :) Should be interesting!

I wonder about that too.
Obviously I have only heard the three tracks so far, but I hope that Steven is the one that mixed "Family Man" and "How Was Your Ride?" in surround, as those two tracks are some of the best I have heard from Blackfield since they got started in 2004. :)

I think it has as much to do with Blackfield being more Aviv's project more than Steven's as Steven has said that many times that Blackfield is Aviv's baby. We all know if this was only up to Steven we would have gotten all the albums in surround and Steven has said in the past to questions why no Blackfield in surround and Steven would reply that Aviv is not into surround. Not sure what changed as we did get the 4th in surround which was a pleasant surprise at the time and and now we get this one which again is a nice surprise.

We have complete album mix's done by more than one person(e.g. Yes-Fragile,ELP-BSS) at different points in time but is this a first to have an album have 2 different people mix it for the same release?
Interesting news for sure about this release and guess goes to explain why this release got bumped from Nov. 2016 to Feb. 2017 as not everything had been completed in time.

Blackfield Fans: As a newbie to the band, which surround album should I start with?

Well, as for a proper album, you really only have Blackfield IV to choose from surround-wise, until the new one gets released, anyway. However, the Live in NY DVD is very good, and in DTS.

Well, as for a proper album, you really only have Blackfield IV to choose from surround-wise, until the new one gets released, anyway. However, the Live in NY DVD is very good, and in DTS.

I second the Live in NY DVD as its a very good 5.1 live recording, SW did a very good job on that one. As this is only way you get the songs from first 2 albums in surround I highly recommend it.

I still haven't ordered the new album yet, and that serves as a reminder too given that I never received an email pertaining to the EP lol.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Back