Blackfield V out in November

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the Live in NY DVD as its a very good 5.1 live recording, SW did a very good job on that one. As this is only way you get the songs from first 2 albums in surround I highly recommend it.

Yes, the Live in NY is a great release. If I remember correctly, the surround mix doesn't use the centre channel so is 4.0 (can't remember if it has a .1 channel) but it sounds superb and is of the usual SW quality.

The back of the CD/Blu-Ray edition:
716acG52IlL._SL1200_.jpg

I cannot wait to hear this album in 5.1 surround! It's an awesome album, and I am sure 5.1 surround will only make it sound better!

:)

Got my "shipped" email from Burning Shed this morning....woohoo! :banana:

Got my "shipped" email from Burning Shed this morning....woohoo! :banana:

Me too! I never thought I would be looking forward to receiving a new Blackfield album after how bad "IV" was, but this is a truly great record, and I am very excited to get the genuine article next week!

This is great! Kscope have just released a new lyric video for the song "From 44 to 48", my favorite song on "Blackfield V" and the only one completely penned by Steven Wilson.
[video=youtube;zXvX7JEe1fw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvX7JEe1fw[/video]
Wut Steven sez about the song on his Facepage:
'From 44 to 48' is a song about growing older and letting go of dreams. The album is released across Europe this Friday. Even though I don't really write songs with specific projects in mind as soon as I wrote this one I knew it was for Blackfield.

[SPOILER ALERT: It's very beautiful and depressing, but then again, what else do you expect from SW?] ;)

IV is a good album, to each their own I guess.

Maybe 'bad' is a strong word to use in this instance, but certainly after hearing V, it's very obvious to me that IV is the weakest Blackfield album by far. It's very uneven and inconsistent, while V barely has any bad moments on it.
I think the difference is that Aviv needs Steven as a vocalist and producer in order to make his songs stronger, and IV only has a few tracks on it that measure up to the rest of Blackfield's albums.
V really is the natural continuation of the first three records, and I hope it is really well received by this forum, especially since it's released in surround!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, if it shows in the book, who authored the Blu-Ray?
I would bet it's Ray Shulman, let's see if I'm right. ;)

It doesn't say who authored it (as far as I can see) but unusually half of the 5.1 mixes are by SW the other half are Bruce Soord / Simon Bloor...

Back