HiRez Poll Pineapple Thief, The - YOUR WILDERNESS [DVD-Audio/Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of the Pineapple Thief - YOUR WILDERNESS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Poor Surround Mix, and Poor Fidelity

• Total voters
Gents, we need to thank Bruce for this: https://burningshed.com/store/kscope/related-stores-kscope/pineapple-thief-kscope
The new live bluray will also be issued as a single bluray containing the concert and all Your Wilderness audio in 5.1.
Even the deluxe edition will be affordable at a reasonable price (less than 40 pounds).
I think we have another must buy here!

After reading this description:

This blu-ray version of Where We Stood includes the concert film with two 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound mixes (one natural, one discrete) and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; the original Your Wilderness album in both 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; the previously exclusive and sold out 8 Years Later bonus material in both 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; an acoustic 5-track bonus album in 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; a Where We Stood documentary film featuring behind the scenes footage from the concert; exclusive documentary footage of Bruce Soord during the songwriting process; a making-of video for the single "In Exile"; Soord's acoustic studio performance of Tear You Up; the official videos for In Exile and No Man's Land:yikes

Yes César no brainer for 21 bux shipped to USA :banana:

Got the blu-ray of Where We Stand. Based on the surround mixes for Your Wilderness and 8 Years Later, this one gets an easy 10 for me. Great songs and dynamics, and a very immersive sound experience. I haven't even gotten to the live material yet, but the wealth of options on this blu-ray makes this a no-brainer purchase. The price point is outstanding. $14.98 on Amazon!? Are you kidding me!?

I really like the sound of Gavin Harrison's drums in this one too. That's not so much the mix as it is the drum room or whatever, but to me they sound bigger than they do on Dissolution.

Big thanks to QQ for turning me onto these guys. I'm familiar with Porcupine Tree over the years, but not so much that I followed GH or any of SW's side projects that closely. This has filled a void nicely, particularly since I'm not really caring much for SW's new direction.

A solid 9+, I save the 10s for truly epic work. I agree with the folks who think the bonus record "8 years later" is better than "Your Wilderness". It was punchier and I like that. The mix on both was really good and used all the speakers well. I will listen to this one a lot. It goes into Porcupine Tree rotation.
Side note since I don't see a thread yet for "Nothing but the Truth" the live in studio concert they did. It was brilliant, but even better were the four music videos mixed in surround and bad to the bone. Much heavier than the concert and really showed off the quality of the studio recordings

Back