HiRez Poll Pineapple Thief, The - YOUR WILDERNESS [DVD-Audio/Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of the Pineapple Thief - YOUR WILDERNESS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Poor Surround Mix, and Poor Fidelity

• Total voters
I really like this album in stereo but really want to hear it in 5.1. I emailed the band and they suggested bugging KScope to release this again. I would prefer a 5.1 FLAC download...

I really like this album in stereo but really want to hear it in 5.1. I emailed the band and they suggested bugging KScope to release this again. I would prefer a 5.1 FLAC download...

I'm in the same boat on this music. Spotify works for casual stereo listening, but I've decided to buy a disc (or download) only if it becomes available again in 5.1.

As much as I'd like to hear the bonus disc of Your Wilderness in 5.1 I am curious about the older albums... When they were all re-issued a few years ago, pretty much all of them said 'Re-mastered and Re-mixed' on the sticker on the front. This gives me hope that 'multi-tracks' exist if they have been remixed which would mean that 5.1 mixes of older material may not be out of the question. I would love to hear any of it in 5.1, even if it was only available as a download from their site. If you are lurking, how about it Bruce? ;-)

I really hope they don't do another printing of the limited edition book, those things really should stay 'limited', similar to the Steve Wilson books.

They really should make the 5.1 available separately at some point though, it's too good. Maybe a single DVD-A down the road OR maybe they could include in on the forthcoming DVD/Blu-ray as a bonus.

They really should make the 5.1 available separately at some point though, it's too good. Maybe a single DVD-A down the road OR maybe they could include in on the forthcoming DVD/Blu-ray as a bonus.

The latter idea is much more plausible than the former. Single DVD-Audio discs have not really been a viable release option for the last 10 years…

The latter idea is much more plausible than the former. Single DVD-Audio discs have not really been a viable release option for the last 10 years…

True I guess. I was thinking along the lines of Porcupine Tree DVD-A's such as FOABP and The Incident which were issued as a single DVD-A release and were/are reasonably priced (think they cost about £10 from Burning Shed).

Finally I got lucky to grab this already sold out deluxe edition on amazon! :banana: I think this is my first ever TPT album and for me it worth every euro I paid for it! The music, surround sound, fidelity and overall production is just perfect. 10!

I really hope they don't do another printing of the limited edition book, those things really should stay 'limited', similar to the Steve Wilson books.

Hi everyone - sorry not been here for a while but it was lovely to read the comments here about Your Wilderness. Funnily enough I came here because when I listened to the 5.1 mix fresh a few months back, I remember thinking a backing vocal in the rears was way too loud for one of the tracks (I'm sure someone else picked up on that too). But can't seem to find it now.

Also I am currently putting content together for the new live blu-ray. The special edition will have Your Wilderness 5.1 (hence my opportunity to fix the bug) but reading comments here, I might also do a 5.1 mix of '8 Years Later' if people would like that? Neil Wilkes is doing the authoring.

Cheers

Bruce

Hi everyone - sorry not been here for a while but it was lovely to read the comments here about Your Wilderness. Funnily enough I came here because when I listened to the 5.1 mix fresh a few months back, I remember thinking a backing vocal in the rears was way too loud for one of the tracks (I'm sure someone else picked up on that too). But can't seem to find it now.

Also I am currently putting content together for the new live blu-ray. The special edition will have Your Wilderness 5.1 (hence my opportunity to fix the bug) but reading comments here, I might also do a 5.1 mix of '8 Years Later' if people would like that? Neil Wilkes is doing the authoring.

Cheers

Bruce
Hi Bruce, welcome back! Certainly, I find some of the songs on 8 Years Later are even better than some others on Your Wilderness!
Having everything packed on a couple of blu-rays (no deluxe edition) would be a plus for me.
By the way, may I ask if any work is ongoing to remix in 5.1 the older TPT material?

Thanks!

Hi Bruce, welcome back! Certainly, I find some of the songs on 8 Years Later are even better than some others on Your Wilderness!
Having everything packed on a couple of blu-rays (no deluxe edition) would be a plus for me.
By the way, may I ask if any work is ongoing to remix in 5.1 the older TPT material?

Thanks!

Hi - yes I am trying to convince Kscope to do a series of 5.1 re-issues. Watch this space! I know the trend now is to lock 5.1s into big ear book special editions. With only one TPT release available in lossless surround, I think this has to be rectified!

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce! The live concert + Your Wilderness 5.1 + 8 Years Later 5.1 on one (or two) blu-ray would be great! Hope this would be available as standalone edition, not a part of a big boxset. I'm also very excited about TPT back catalog re-issues in 5.1, great news and I hope it will come true!

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Great to see you posting here again. Fantastic work on the latest Anathema album. (y)

The live blu-ray from TPT is one of my most anticipated releases this year and I'm really looking forward to hearing the 5.1 mix on that (and hi-res stereo?)

A surround mix of '8 years later' would be amazing if it could be included. :banana:

I'm also hoping that one day the previous albums could get a more dynamic mastering (maybe it could be a possibility if 2 disc cd/dvd-a re-issue editions came out down the line) as some are quite highly compressed. Your wilderness just sounds so big and dynamic, it's a great sounding disc and my favourite TPT album as it was my gateway into your music.

Hi Bruce,

Great to see you posting here again. Fantastic work on the latest Anathema album. [emoji106]

The live blu-ray from TPT is one of my most anticipated releases this year and I'm really looking forward to hearing the 5.1 mix on that (and hi-res stereo?)

A surround mix of '8 years later' would be amazing if it could be included. :banana:

I'm also hoping that one day the previous albums could get a more dynamic mastering (maybe it could be a possibility if 2 disc cd/dvd-a re-issue editions came out down the line) as some are quite highly compressed. Your wilderness just sounds so big and dynamic, it's a great sounding disc and my favourite TPT album as it was my gateway into your music.
And not only the older records, maybe the record company could be convinced to see a more profitable release in the short term cd/dvd-a of Magnolia in glorious 5.1

Cheers

Bruce

YES,YES,YES to '8 years later' being done in 5.1 as it is a lovely recording and I think most people that bought the 'Your Wilderness' special edition made comments that it was to bad it wasn't included as a 5.1 as well.
I think you would make many TPT fans happy by including it as a 5.1
Just saw a tweet from you that said:

"For all you surround addicts out there, I'm doing a 5.1 mix of the '8 Years Later' album to be included on the upcoming TPT blu-ray."

So based on that tweet and what you are saying here would there be 2 different editions, one special edition with TPT Live and Your Wildnerness and "8 years Later" and another just bluray with TPT live and '8 years later' or is it one jam packed bluray with all 3 things on it?

If 3 things on one bluray, that would be an amazing deal for everyone.

peter

Hi - yes I am trying to convince Kscope to do a series of 5.1 re-issues. Watch this space! I know the trend now is to lock 5.1s into big ear book special editions. With only one TPT release available in lossless surround, I think this has to be rectified!

BEST news I've read all year!!

Which of the TPT "remasters" already out there are not only remastered but also remixed???

Back