Sansui QRX 9001 Receiver and Sansui FR-3080 turntabel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas70

After a long search I finally found a Sansui QRX 9001 in nearly mint shape and perfect working condition (I decided not to buy one of those receivers in crap condition on ebay.com).
I also got a Sansui FR-3080 turntabel and like to ask if somebody has any experience if both are working together without problems. By the way: I am looking for the Sansui CD-4 adjustment record in mint condition.

Tom

I used to have a Sansui QRX 9001 receiver and I absolutely loved it. I bought a Gerard turntable that had zero tracking, and bought a shibata stylus. Had really nice results playing the only 2 CD-4 albums I owned... Over-Nite Sensation (Zappa), which I still have, and Dark Side Of The Moon (PF), which somehow disappeared to the dark side of the moon! :violin

I have a 7001 and fr 3080 w/sv40x needle and cart. the 9001 is getting refurbished right now and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I bought it with two weak rear channels. My 3080 is hooked up to my 7001 right now and sounds great . Alot of clear power. When I get my 9001 back , I am going to use my Sr838 tt with a AT15sa cart and Shibata stylus. Can't wait to see what it sounds like. I have purchased a handful of Sansui CD4 45's on ebay. Just be patient and wait for that mint record . They are out there and for less than 30 dollars. I collect Sansui quad , so I don't sell my stuff, sorry.

I just got a mint copy of the Sansui CD-4 adjustment record. Let´s see if all 4 channels are working perfectly.

I also bought an Akai CR-80d-SS Quad 4 Channel 8 Track Tape player. Which inputs of my 9001 should I use to connect it?

I also have an Akai CR 80D SS. It is connected to my 7001 . If I remember right , I just connected it to the tape input. I think. I hope this pic thing works . Never used it before. Let me know. my 7001.jpg

Never mind . I see that the pic worked. The 7001 I got from a guy in Oakdale , CA. and the Akai I bought from a Vet from Pleasanton. The 9001 I purchased from a kid from Reno. He said he got it as partial payment for work he did on a classic airstream trailer. It came with the original box and all manuals/paperwork; including original receipts; for $750 plus the cost of driving from Merced , CA to Reno , NV. But that is part of why I like collecting . I have met alot of interesting people.

Back