Jethro Tull Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 (2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My player is a Cambridge Audio Azur 651BD. When I played the DVD disc, it played fine all the way through until it got to Bouree (Morgan version), at which point it skipped several times but eventually corrected itself.

Since then, it hasn't happened at all - it plays perfectly each time. Strange.

I have not had any other problems playing DTS DVDs in general.

Sounds like you had a loose piece of dust (hair?) on the disc.

My player is a Cambridge Audio Azur 651BD. When I played the DVD disc, it played fine all the way through until it got to Bouree (Morgan version), at which point it skipped several times but eventually corrected itself.

Since then, it hasn't happened at all - it plays perfectly each time. Strange.

I have not had any other problems playing DTS DVDs in general.

fwiw I've got the same player as you mixfo and the Stand Up DVD plays no problem, glad you resolved it/it sorted itself :)

My mistake, it gets confusing! Neil may still know of any technical issues though, unless Ray's on here of course...

good point, Ray S may be lurking right now! :yikes :eek:

..more seriously for a min., it would be slightly strange people like Ray Shulman (who's clearly v.into surround) not at the very least knowing of QQ, maybe even popping by here from time to time - even if only as a guest - to check out the chat..

..I realise not everyone has the time or indeed the inclination for boards and fora..

still it does surprise me that there are engineers in the industry who are are clearly big on MCh Music and have done and in some cases continue to create a number of the surround music mixes we here lap up..

..I'm thinking of people of the calibre of Elliot Scheiner, Bob Clearmountain, Frank Filipetti, Ronald Prent, Simon Heyworth and so on.. maybe they're all lurking or have lurked here at one time or another..

if by some unlikely fluke you're out there guys and reading any of this I have only this to say;
1.) Thank you!
2.) Please consider delurking for a moment - even if only to say "Hi!"
& 3.) More please?

Just wanted to give my opinion on this Steven Wilson 5.1 mix new release on DVD, absolutely superb. I am not a super prog rock or even a Jethro Tull fan but this 2016 release is perfect. Absolutely beautiful sonics and mix. I have al the surround Tull releases and this is the best.

Yes, SW was able to wring every bit of magic out of those old tapes! Like many of his best mixes, it sits in your room so comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to give my opinion on this Steven Wilson 5.1 mix new release on DVD, absolutely superb. I am not a super prog rock or even a Jethro Tull fan but this 2016 release is perfect. Absolutely beautiful sonics and mix. I have al the surround Tull releases and this is the best.

I am totally teasing myself with this one. Mine is till wrapped, and I'm not sure what I'm waiting on...maybe a magical night, of wine and the perfect circumstances. :)

Make it happen. I delay some releases myself because I don't want to be disappointed just yet. You'll be glad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will get a lot more listens, but about one and a half listens into this I can say that this has a lot of those magic moments that only surround can give you. This is a great surround remix and I am so happy I bought this. Very accessible, individual songs (as opposed to one song equalling the entire side as on some other Tull releases), and very high quality songs at that. The fidelity is noteworthy as instruments are very clear and dynamic; bass is exactly what it needs to be no more and no less, and the highs, as expressed in the cymbals, are crystal clear. My thumbs are up so high on this one they are practically backward: a double-jointed thumbs up!!

Funny you should mention this, I have a Cambridge Audio BD650, which I think is based on the Oppo. That totally freezes up occasionally on some of the Tull DTS tracks, it did it on both Stand Up and Benefit yesterday. Others DTS mixes I have can do the same, it basically crashes the player and it requires a power cycle to sort itself out. God knows what it is, I've been meaning to ask Neil W if knows anything about it. They seem fine on my Panasonic player though...

I sent my copy of Stand Up back to Amazon for replacement, but the second copy has the same problem. Plays fine until track 10 or so, then stops, skips and goes back to the menu. I ran a ScanDisc on both copies and it showed a lot of bad sectors. I suspect these are poorly manufactured. Running ScanDisc on Benefit also shows some bad sectors, but it plays OK.

Back