Jethro Tull Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 (2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnN

2x5.1.2
https://www.levykauppax.fi/dvd/jethro_tull/stand_up/
2CD + DVD
The Elevated Edition - Limited

CD 1 (All stereo remixes by Steven Wilson)

1- A New Day Yesterday
2- Jeffrey Goes To Leicester Square
3- Bouree
4- Back To The Family
5- Look Into The Sun
6- Nothing Is Easy
7- Fat Man
8- We Used To Know
9- Reasons For Waiting
10- For A Thousand Mothers

Associated Recordings
11- Living In The Past
12- Driving Song
13- Bouree (Morgan version)

Previously unreleased
Original 1969 stereo single mixes
Only released in Japan and on a US FM radio promo
14- Living In The Past (stereo)
15- Driving Song (stereo)

BBC Sessions
Mono, previously released on the 2010 Collector’s Edition
16- A New Day Yesterday
17- Fat Man
18- Nothing Is Easy
19- Bouree

CD 2: Live at The Stockholm Konserthuset 9th January 1969
1- Introduction
2- My Sunday Feeling
3- Martin’s Tune
4- To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be
5- Back To The Family
6- Dharma For One
7- Nothing Is Easy
8- A Song For Jeffrey
9- To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be (First show version – different lyrics)

Original 1969 mono single mixes
10- Living In The Past (mono)
11- Driving Song (mono)

Radio Spots
Previously released on the 2010 Collector’s Edition
12- Stand Up Radio spot # 1
13- Stand Up Radio spot # 2

DVD (Audio & Video)
1- Steven Wilson remixes in 96/24 PCM stereo and DD/DTS 5.1 surround
2- 96/24 flat transfer of Stand Up original stereo master tapes from 5th June 1969
3- 96/24 flat transfer of original 1969 mono & stereo mixes of Living In The Past & Driving Song

Video footage from Stockholm 1969
To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be
Back To The Family

http://jethrotull.proboards.com/post/66051/thread

Live music CD stereo only - mostly the second show.
CD 2: Live at The Stockholm Konserthuset 9th January 1969
1- Introduction
2- My Sunday Feeling
3- Martin’s Tune
4- To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be
5- Back To The Family
6- Dharma For One
7- Nothing Is Easy
8- A Song For Jeffrey

9- To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be (First show version – different lyrics)

Only live video (48khz stereo DVD)
Video footage from Stockholm 1969
To Be Sad Is A Mad Way To Be
Back To The Family

W.O.W.!
Hope Mr. SW was able to get rid of too much background noise... any version of Stand Up was a hissfest.

A little blurry, but here's an expanded picture of the front cover:
190295932862_b.jpg

So it looks like I'm hanging on to my 2010 Collector's Edition too, because it not only has the Carnegie Hall concert from 1970, but it has a great 45 minute video interview with Ian Anderson about "Stand Up".
Too bad that's not included here, but I'm guessing there wasn't enough space on the DVD.

It still is sad that the Tull reissue series dropped Blu-Ray so quickly after "Aqualung", but I do have to say that I got over the lack of lossless surround audio by the time "Benefit" came out and just accepted that this was the way it was going to be.
These releases don't shine quite as brightly IMHO as the ones from the likes of King Crimson, Yes, and (especially) XTC but this will still be a phenomenal release.

A lot of you have been clamoring for a remixed "Living in the Past" album, and even though I still don't think that will ever happen, this release brings you one step closer to being able to make your own edition yourselves, now that we will have discrete remixes of "Living in the Past", "Driving Song", and "Bouree".
Plus, it appears that the entire "Stand Up" album has been remixed (i.e. no upmixes) so that is also something to be thankful for.
This would be my most anticipated release of the year if it weren't for the King Crimson box set, "Tales from Topographic Oceans", and (best of all) "Skylarking".
My, what a lovely haul we are in for come October/November!

:)

Question:
Anyone think that the deluxe Aqualung release lost money because it was too deluxe, i.e., expensive and that poisoned the waters for the subsequent releases?
No blu-ray, no lossless surround etc?
While I lucked into the pre-order importcds Aqualung for $75, even that was too expensive for people who only wanted the blu-ray.
I agree with RT, they're very good but could have been better.
The SW DL of Aqualung is better than the 2-channel on the BD not by a huge margin but better nonetheless.
Perhaps the POV of Anderson and the people putting these together is that DVD-V is "good enough" and the sales will be the same no matter what so why go the extra kilometer.

First hint;>) Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 - large rear speakers recommended.

For the record, I ask for Blu-ray every time I'm involved. ;)

Thank you, John! Like I have already said before, I resigned myself to the fact that the Jethro Tull releases would stay as DVD-V only several years ago, but it's still nice to know there's people involved in these releases like you who still fight for those of us who care about having the best quality available.

First hint;>) Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 - large rear speakers recommended.

Sounds like it will be quite a discrete mix. Can't wait! :)

Prediction: Blu Ray reissues by 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've wondered about the potential for future BD reissues. If it happens, I'll probably bite. Hope they cram them full of everything that was on previous releases and any fix-ups that've reared their heads between releases too (like the multitracks for Simple Minds' Promised You a Miracle that rtbluray posted the video about from their Facebook page).

Then there's the ~100GB capacity of 4K discs for future release. Doubt that'll happen for a while though (phew, not really looking forward to the new TV/player/receiver/cabling required for the 4K upgrade).

Back