Thanks Thanks:  99
Likes Likes:  171
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: R.E.M. - "Out of Time" 25th Anniversary Edition (with Blu-Ray) coming soon!

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star Neil Palfreyman's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: R.E.M. - "Out of Time" 25th Anniversary Edition (with Blu-Ray) coming soon!

Does anyone know for certain if the surround mix is the same as the 2 disc CD+DVD-Audio edition released in 2005?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: R.E.M. - "Out of Time" 25th Anniversary Edition (with Blu-Ray) coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Palfreyman View Post
    Does anyone know for certain if the surround mix is the same as the 2 disc CD+DVD-Audio edition released in 2005?
    Yes, it's exactly the same as the DVD-A/V disc from 2005.

Surround yourself with the best.

Coming soon in 2017: "Eye in the Sky" (The Alan Parsons Project), "Black Sea" (XTC) and more from Gentle Giant!
    Already released: "Songs from the Wood" (Jethro Tull); "Misplaced Childhood" (Marillion); and "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

3. Thanks Neil Palfreyman, IronWaffle thanked for this post
    Likes Neil Palfreyman liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star Neil Palfreyman's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtbluray View Post
    Yes, it's exactly the same as the DVD-A/V disc from 2005.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I must admit I'm still tempted, but just don't think I can justify the expense, being as I already have the CD/DVD set.

5. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray liked this post
    Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the confirmation. I must admit I'm still tempted, but just don't think I can justify the expense, being as I already have the CD/DVD set.
    It's a fine looking package - luckily, I didn't have the older DVD-A, so I got this one.

7. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray liked this post
    Level
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got through the CDs yet, but the Blu-Ray is one of the best Blu-Rays produced this year!
    The addition of the 5.1 mixes to the music videos was a very surprising but very welcome addition to the disc, not to mention that the "Timepiece" documentary is still there as it was on the original DVD-A/V disc.
    This set is highly recommended, and I do hope they follow a similar release strategy for "Automatic for the People" next year!

Surround yourself with the best.

Coming soon in 2017: "Eye in the Sky" (The Alan Parsons Project), "Black Sea" (XTC) and more from Gentle Giant!
    Already released: "Songs from the Wood" (Jethro Tull); "Misplaced Childhood" (Marillion); and "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

9. Thanks Snood thanked for this post
    Likes GOS, Snood, IronWaffle liked this post
    Fronts. Rears. Let's go! haikubass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtbluray View Post
    This set is highly recommended, and I do hope they follow a similar release strategy for "Automatic for the People" next year!
    Incoming, fingers crossed! http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...7-on-new-label
    Ready for another quadtastic season? Here's your shopping list for this year's surround titles: http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/entry.php?225-2017-SURROUND-RELEASES
    Can't get enough? Here's 8 more years in retrospect: http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/blog.php?3510-haikubass (or simply visit my blog)

11. Thanks rtbluray, vegas, JanBakker, Snood thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, vegas, JanBakker, IronWaffle, Snood, himey liked this post
    300 Club - QQ All Star salsdali's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salsdali View Post
    If this is the same Concord Records (Concord Music Group) that did the Monster 5.1 DTS 96/24 DVD's then it a match made in heaven.

EDIT: http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...er-bros-albums
    Concord plans to release deluxe reissues of the classic Warner albums (from Green to Up), with bonus material, on its Concord imprint.

R.E.M. has entered into a multi-year, worldwide licensing agreement with Concord Bicycle Music for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's catalog recorded from 1988 to 2011.

The deal covers the years R.E.M. recorded for Warner Bros. The group's pact with the Burbank-based label expires at the end of the year and the Concord deal begins in early 2016. Among the albums under the new agreement are Green, Out of Time, Automatic For the People, Monster, New Adventures in Hi-Fi, and Up.
    wow, forgot I posted this

considering what concord did for automatic for the people (atmos) I can't wait for Green and Monster.

Green in atmos would be stunning especially because IMO the dvd-a is a little bright and maybe they can correct that with atmos

finally a band and label that understands the surround community

and considering all these albums already have superb 5.1 mixes by Elliot then it makes sense to just convert them to atmos

this is how all new releases should be

are you listening, every other label??

13. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, haikubass liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

My taste for R.E.M. has shifted over the years: while I very much enjoyed the poppy early albums (saw them live during this period), I've come to really appreciate NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI and, especially, UP more these days. Wonder if we'll get the last two albums, ACCELERATE and COLLAPSE, in surround at some point (their final hurrah). . . .

15. Thanks rtbluray, IronWaffle thanked for this post
    Likes salsdali, rtbluray, IronWaffle liked this post
    300 Club - QQ All Star salsdali's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halbroome View Post
    My taste for R.E.M. has shifted over the years: while I very much enjoyed the poppy early albums (saw them live during this period), I've come to really appreciate NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI and, especially, UP more these days. Wonder if we'll get the last two albums, ACCELERATE and COLLAPSE, in surround at some point (their final hurrah). . . .
    I agree that all their early stuff was "upbeat" and "poppy" but over the last couple of years I've listened to their whole discography from beginning to end several times and came to realize that Michael indeed has a deep dark side that I actually like.

His dark stuff is very honest and he's not afraid to sing about it as opposed to singing what others want to hear. His voice is haunting at times, quite different than their early stuff.

17. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, IronWaffle, halbroome liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345