R.E.M. - "Out of Time" 25th Anniversary Edition (with Blu-Ray) coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the confirmation. :) I must admit I'm still tempted, but just don't think I can justify the expense, being as I already have the CD/DVD set.

I haven't got through the CDs yet, but the Blu-Ray is one of the best Blu-Rays produced this year!
The addition of the 5.1 mixes to the music videos was a very surprising but very welcome addition to the disc, not to mention that the "Timepiece" documentary is still there as it was on the original DVD-A/V disc.
This set is highly recommended, and I do hope they follow a similar release strategy for "Automatic for the People" next year! :)

If this is the same Concord Records (Concord Music Group) that did the Monster 5.1 DTS 96/24 DVD's then it a match made in heaven.

EDIT: http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...rd-bicycle-music-licensing-warner-bros-albums

Concord plans to release deluxe reissues of the classic Warner albums (from Green to Up), with bonus material, on its Concord imprint.

R.E.M. has entered into a multi-year, worldwide licensing agreement with Concord Bicycle Music for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's catalog recorded from 1988 to 2011.

The deal covers the years R.E.M. recorded for Warner Bros. The group's pact with the Burbank-based label expires at the end of the year and the Concord deal begins in early 2016. Among the albums under the new agreement are Green, Out of Time, Automatic For the People, Monster, New Adventures in Hi-Fi, and Up.

wow, forgot I posted this

considering what concord did for automatic for the people (atmos) I can't wait for Green and Monster.

Green in atmos would be stunning especially because IMO the dvd-a is a little bright and maybe they can correct that with atmos

finally a band and label that understands the surround community

and considering all these albums already have superb 5.1 mixes by Elliot then it makes sense to just convert them to atmos

this is how all new releases should be

are you listening, every other label??

My taste for R.E.M. has shifted over the years: while I very much enjoyed the poppy early albums (saw them live during this period), I've come to really appreciate NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI and, especially, UP more these days. Wonder if we'll get the last two albums, ACCELERATE and COLLAPSE, in surround at some point (their final hurrah). . . .

My taste for R.E.M. has shifted over the years: while I very much enjoyed the poppy early albums (saw them live during this period), I've come to really appreciate NEW ADVENTURES IN HI-FI and, especially, UP more these days. Wonder if we'll get the last two albums, ACCELERATE and COLLAPSE, in surround at some point (their final hurrah). . . .

I agree that all their early stuff was "upbeat" and "poppy" but over the last couple of years I've listened to their whole discography from beginning to end several times and came to realize that Michael indeed has a deep dark side that I actually like.

His dark stuff is very honest and he's not afraid to sing about it as opposed to singing what others want to hear. His voice is haunting at times, quite different than their early stuff.

Concord plans to release deluxe reissues of the classic Warner albums (from Green to Up), with bonus material, on its Concord imprint.

R.E.M. has entered into a multi-year, worldwide licensing agreement with Concord Bicycle Music for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's catalog recorded from 1988 to 2011.

The deal covers the years R.E.M. recorded for Warner Bros. The group's pact with the Burbank-based label expires at the end of the year and the Concord deal begins in early 2016. Among the albums under the new agreement are Green, Out of Time, Automatic For the People, Monster, New Adventures in Hi-Fi, and Up.

What ever happened with Green, New Adventures in Hi-Fi and Up?

I'm still really hoping for Green in Atmos

What ever happened with Green, New Adventures in Hi-Fi and Up?

I'm still really hoping for Green in Atmos

So far these reissues have been released on a 25th anniversary schedule and Green was released prior (2013) to the agreement with CBM and featured a two disc set of the remastered album and a live show from 1989. New Adventures and Up should follow with releases in 2021 and 2023 respectively. I guess the question is will they go back and do a deluxe set for Green on the same level as the previous CBM releases?

Looking forward to seeing what they do with NAIHF and Up—the 2005 5.1 releases are some of my favorite from their catalog. It would really be nice if they could go back to their IRS catalog and do the same kind of deluxe reissues with surround but I'm not holding my breath. I'll just have to be content with the old Document 5.1 for now.

Back