Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, my difficulty now is I have no idea how to attach a photo to an e-mail using my i pad..
The easiest way is to start from the Photos app. Find the photo and use the "Share" button to start an email with the photo attached.

You can also bring up a contextual menu while typing an email by pressing and holding a blank space, where you want the photo, until the "magnifying glass" appears. Then release. The menu should appear and one of the options will be "Insert Photo or Video" (you may need to scroll to the right by pressing the arrow).

The easiest way is to start from the Photos app. Find the photo and use the "Share" button to start an email with the photo attached.

You can also bring up a contextual menu while typing an email by pressing and holding a blank space, where you want the photo, until the "magnifying glass" appears. Then release. The menu should appear and one of the options will be "Insert Photo or Video" (you may need to scroll to the right by pressing the arrow).
Thanks for the guide, pics now sent. Hopefully we may now be on the road to replacement discs.

Nothing yet - but let's wait a while. I'm confident that this is going to be resolved, otherwise Pink Floyd management wouldn't have responded to my initial mail.

I received an answer!

“Hi Frans,

Thanks for the email and apologies you are having issues with the Blu-ray.

The problem is being investigated and will probably result in new replacement single discs being sent out in the near future.

Best regards,
Andy”

And another one, a few hours later!

“Hi there,

If you're enquiry is regarding issues the Blu-ray of The Dark Side of the Moon as part of the IMMERSION box set, we are investigating ways to resolve these recently 'failed' discs and a replacement process.

Best,
Andy”

I'm curious how they're going to determine who gets a replacement disc and who doesn't. I mean, these Immersion boxes were sold 6 years ago. Will they require you to send in your faulty disc in order to get a replacement? If so I'll go out on ebay and buy a faulty blu-ray for $2 and send it in for a free new one. :banana:

Remember when the replacement Wish You Were Here BDs were available on Amazon? I managed to pick one up without the rest of the Immersion box. Hope they produce way more Dark Side of the Moon replacement BDs than necessary and then unload the rest on Amazon again.

Remember when the replacement Wish You Were Here BDs were available on Amazon? I managed to pick one up without the rest of the Immersion box. Hope they produce way more Dark Side of the Moon replacement BDs than necessary and then unload the rest on Amazon again.

I guess I don't remember this. Why was there a need for a replacement?

I guess I don't remember this. Why was there a need for a replacement?

I'm not sure but I seem to recall reading that there were some clicks on one of the tracks on the original run of BDs. Whether this affected all of the BDs or just some, I don't know. Quality control; thing of the past unfortunately.

I'm not sure but I seem to recall reading that there were some clicks on one of the tracks on the original run of BDs. Whether this affected all of the BDs or just some, I don't know. Quality control; thing of the past unfortunately.

The European pressings right and not the US ones?

The European pressings right and not the US ones?

No idea sorry. However, I do seem to remember that the replacement BDs were available on Amazon.co.uk, so that would make sense if the Euro pressings were the duds. I really don't know for sure though. I never bought the Immersion set but just managed to sneak in and get one of the corrected replacement BDs thanks to a heads-up from someone on QQ.

This place is the best. Long may it stay put.

Just emailed them...just went to play it and i got the "cannot play disk" message....gutted!

does anyone have a link to an ISO of it ?

I received an answer!

“Hi Frans,

Thanks for the email and apologies you are having issues with the Blu-ray.

The problem is being investigated and will probably result in new replacement single discs being sent out in the near future.

Best regards,
Andy”

And another one, a few hours later!

“Hi there,

If you're enquiry is regarding issues the Blu-ray of The Dark Side of the Moon as part of the IMMERSION box set, we are investigating ways to resolve these recently 'failed' discs and a replacement process.

Best,
Andy”
Frans, did you get any other response? Absolutely nothing from my side

Hi:

I have purchased a new box recently and today I have try to play the blu ray for the first time and doesn´t work. I try in my two blu ray players.

I have bought recently too the Wish You Were Here box and the blu ray has the click issues in the last song.

I have send a mail and I have received the automatically answer about the investigation.

I have not luck with immersion boxes

Hi:

I have purchased a new box recently and today I have try to play the blu ray for the first time and doesn´t work. I try in my two blu ray players.

I have bought recently too the Wish You Were Here box and the blu ray has the click issues in the last song.

I have send a mail and I have received the automatically answer about the investigation.

I have not luck with immersion boxes

Amazon gives me the option to return the box because there are not more in stock. Do you think that really will be a replacement disc?

Back