Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This production is meant to listen as an album, not in the different songs, radio will break it up, and it sucks, taken out of context. Plus, No RR? running your amp like that, I bet you have damaged it by running an open line with no terminal. It is a very small electric signal, and will burn out filters and other components in the circuit if not properly used.

My RR is not Damaged as i used my sacd to test it and works just fine its the RR on the bluray thats not working as i tested it out on another system to make sure.

Plus, No RR? running your amp like that, I bet you have damaged it by running an open line with no terminal. It is a very small electric signal, and will burn out filters and other components in the circuit if not properly used.

You will not damage an amplifier in any way by running it with an unconnected line input or a connected input with no signal. Nothing will burn out under these scenarios. There is simply nothing to amplify. Even shorting the input will not harm most amplifiers. But shorting the outputs (speaker terminals) is another story altogether.

Bit slow to this, had ripped the 24bit stereo last year and just yesterday put the disc in to rip the 5.1 and 4.0 tracks. All read fine and copied fine - no problems. This is the EU pressed Optimal disc.

Bugger !
I just tried both DSOTM and WYWH Immersion Set blurays in my LG Super Multi BD Drive and Vaio PC to back them up and NEITHER disc will read :mad:
Ive tried other discs and with/without MakeMKV and cleaned with warm water but no signs of life ! I know I should've backed up earlier but surely these
should've been better manufactured ?

Personally , I'd much rather have lost my marbles :rolleyes:

~M~

Out of curiosity is anyone having issues with the DVD surround discs of Dark Side Of The Moon & Wish You Were Here? Or is it only the BluRay that is causing issues?
So far all my discs are working

Hi Just double checked it , sorry for the wrong information as the left and right channels are correct and identical to the sacd , what lead me to bellive it was wrong was the fact that on the bluray when you select track 6 the song has allready started by about 2 seconds which means i was listening to the 2 coin drop and assumed it was the first one.So where the manufacterer divided up the trax they went into track 6 a bit to far.
But what i did discover is that in surround mode on the bluray i hove no right rear channel.

DSOTM pretty much consists of single gapless audio track with each song merged with the next. I remember when I ripped my BDA to single FLAC tracks there were a few that didn't quite start/end as I would have liked so I spent some time working out my best track start times and then created a cue file to create my own tracks from a single FLAC of the entire album. They now sound better.

So the start time issue you reported my we'll be the official chapter (song) times as encoded on the official BDA and not necessarily indication that's it a forged track (although the disc art does not match mine).

Out of curiosity is anyone having issues with the DVD surround discs of Dark Side Of The Moon & Wish You Were Here? Or is it only the BluRay that is causing issues?
So far all my discs are working

My DVDs from both boxes are fine, and my WYWH BD is fine. Early versions of the WYWH BD had glitches towards the end of Shine On... 5-9 and were replaced, but WYWH doesn't have a reputation for premature failure. Bad luck there.

I now have two DSOTM Blu-Ray disc failures, I bought a second DSOTM Immersion box late last year as the BD in the box I bought in 2011 had failed. Luckily I backed up the replacement. Earlier today someone on another forum commented about their Dark Side BD failing so I checked my (new) disc only to find it not playable. The disc I bought last year was played three times, once in my Oppo and once to rip it to my PC and once again in my Oppo. I have hundreds of BD's and the only failures have been the DSOTM immersion BD's.. I want to make a complaint to someone somewhere about this failure issue, but who to and where, I'm f'in livid these sets are not cheap......

I now have two DSOTM Blu-Ray disc failures, I bought a second DSOTM Immersion box late last year as the BD in the box I bought in 2011 had failed. Luckily I backed up the replacement. Earlier today someone on another forum commented about their Dark Side BD failing so I checked my (new) disc only to find it not playable. The disc I bought last year was played three times, once in my Oppo and once to rip it to my PC and once again in my Oppo. I have hundreds of BD's and the only failures have been the DSOTM immersion BD's.. I want to make a complaint to someone somewhere about this failure issue, but who to and where, I'm f'in livid these sets are not cheap......

Let me ask a question....was there any visible signs on the disc...like discoloration or "pits" or anything out of the ordinary?

Nothing, it's like having a coaster. I tried to use specific recovery tools for damages discs and got no results at all: disc was never recognized

I don't play mine very often so I put it in and I'm listening to it now....it's fine...from what you have told me you can rule out "disc rot"....did you buy your copy as part of a box set or as an individual piece from someone?...could it be a pirated copy(bootleg)...the inability to recognize the disc sounds like more of an authentication problem...not a material failure....

I don't play mine very often so I put it in and I'm listening to it now....it's fine...from what you have told me you can rule out "disc rot"....did you buy your copy as part of a box set or as an individual piece from someone?...could it be a pirated copy(bootleg)...the inability to recognize the disc sounds like more of an authentication problem...not a material failure....
Immersion boxset bought on release date from Amazon UK. 100% genuine, unluckily

Immersion boxset bought on release date from Amazon UK. 100% genuine, unluckily

If you own an Oppo....contact them and tell them about the problem and ask them if you can send the disc to them to troubleshoot....they are very good about that...they will ask you if you have the latest firmware update...and they might ask if you are using the HDMI connection to play this blu ray...if you are attempting to play the blu ray thru analog outputs that could be an issue...the immersion set was released in Sept of 2011...earlier in that year the blu ray association implemented requirements(copy protection)that would stop blu rays from being played from analog sources...I know some people refused to update their older Oppos to retain some of the features that were eliminated by the firmware update...

If you own an Oppo....contact them and tell them about the problem and ask them if you can send the disc to them to troubleshoot....they are very good about that...they will ask you if you have the latest firmware update...and they might ask if you are using the HDMI connection to play this blu ray...if you are attempting to play the blu ray thru analog outputs that could be an issue...the immersion set was released in Sept of 2011...earlier in that year the blu ray association implemented requirements(copy protection)that would stop blu rays from being played from analog sources...I know some people refused to update their older Oppos to retain some of the features that were eliminated by the firmware update...
Yes, I've got a NuForce modified OPPO, so no chances to use regular OPPO support (I tried already). But I'm one of those who treasure the last firmware version that can read ISOs, so I will never update this OPPO.
If anyone that can access to their support wants my disc, I will happily send it.
After having complained to PF management, the guys who authored and manufactured the bluray and Amazon, I gave up and recreated the full bluray by decrypting a Russian torrent file. Not that I like going to such extreme measures, but for once I felt entitled to do so

Both of my DSOTM Immersion boxes were bought from Amazon, there is nothing fake about either.

Back