Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically, I was just digging through my treasure trove of......DVD's!!! I found Pulse. Heck, I may have to put that on and see what it sounds like....been years and years and years....
It is my all time favorite concert disc. When it came out in the mid 90s I watched it everyday for like three years on VHS. Then I got the CD and listened to it every night instead. I noticed Sorrow was different. David rerecorded the last two minutes of the guitar solo and Sorrow ended up being my all time favorite non-Beatles song. I would listen to Sorrow three times a night for a few years. Then I spent a few years learning to play the guitar solo to the CD version of Sorrow. I would play it every day. It is pretty embarrassing trying to sound like David but it was fun. I was diagnosed with emphysema a few years ago so I no longer smoke pot like a steamer but when I do get some about once a month I always listen to PULSE as soon as I am stoned. I sure love looking at Sam. She was pregnant when the concert was filmed.

I hate to say this, but nothing will be done about this issue.

The Immersion sets were released by a (now) defunct record company (EMI) over 5 years ago, and since then, the Immersion sets have not been reissued by Pink Floyd and their new record labels. (Sony in the United States & Warner Music in Europe)

Now maybe Pink Floyd will reissue them some day, or maybe the extra content found in the sets will be reissued in another form (like in an "Early Years"-style box set)

Either way, if any of you have an unplayable "Dark Side of the Moon" Blu-Ray, I can provide you with some of the content in file form.

:)
Added to that I bought my DSOTM Immersion box from HMV which also no longer exists in it's 2011 form. I would have to check to see where I bought my second box from, so glad I backed that one up.

I completely agree..............................but I just had to send the ***** a :howl e-mail!

I hate to say this, but nothing will be done about this issue.

The Immersion sets were released by a (now) defunct record company (EMI) over 5 years ago, and since then, the Immersion sets have not been reissued by Pink Floyd and their new record labels. (Sony in the United States & Warner Music in Europe)

Now maybe Pink Floyd will reissue them some day, or maybe the extra content found in the sets will be reissued in another form (like in an "Early Years"-style box set)

Either way, if any of you have an unplayable "Dark Side of the Moon" Blu-Ray, I can provide you with some of the content in file form.

:)

I completely agree..............................but I just had to send the ***** a :howl e-mail!

Yes, but you sent that email to umusic.com, which is for Universal Records, and Universal have had nothing to do with Pink Floyd, even when the original Immersion Box Sets were released.

You might have better luck emailing someone with Parlophone Records (under Warner Music), who distribute Pink Floyd's catalogue in Europe.

I couldn't find a contact email on the Warner/Parlophone site when I went trawling around, maybe its well hidden, all I found was a sign-up for spam :( and ended up on Universal somehow!

Yes, but you sent that email to umusic.com, which is for Universal Records, and Universal have had nothing to do with Pink Floyd, even when the original Immersion Box Sets were released.

You might have better luck emailing someone with Parlophone Records (under Warner Music), who distribute Pink Floyd's catalogue in Europe.

I have a problem with my SACD, it's not as good as the Quad mix..

I have to agree...both DSOTM and WYWH quad mixes are wholly superior .. there are a few minor tidbits here and there where I wish I could blend them but if I had to give up one of each, it would be the 5.1's

I've been in contact with Pink Floyd management. They want to investigate further but need evidence.
Anyone with a faulty disc can mail to [email protected]
with subject header "Pink Floyd Immersion Box Dark Side Faulty bluray"
Describe the problem: when did the disc stop playing, what brand of bluray player do you use, what is the error message, etc.

I've been in contact with Pink Floyd management. They want to investigate further but need evidence.
Describe the problem: when did the disc stop playing, what brand of bluray player do you use, what is the error message, etc.
Thanks for that, I will reply to them

Thanks I never found that email, so great, I've got through 2 Dark Side Box Sets where the BDAs have failed :( I'm not buying another.

Mail just fired. Content below:

"I am sending this e-mail to your company as I am the owner of Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set since 2011. The Blu-Ray in this compilation, with serial number 294349 DB44459-01 Optimal Media Production L0/L1, started to fail in October 2016.

I am not getting any specific error, the disc just fails to load in any driver. I have tested it in an OPPO BDP-93 and a LG portable blu-ray burner. In my particular case, the disc is in pristine status with no scratches or scuff marks that can justify the behavior. When doing a low level inspection with specialized data recovery software I did not get any result either; it seems that the reader completely fails to recognize the physical media.

I contacted the seller (Amazon.co.uk) and the record company (VirginEMI) but received no feedback from them yet. If needed, I can send you a proof of purchase or even the Blu-ray itself.

I would really appreciate your help, as it was a very expensive boxset and the most valuable item inside it is useless at the moment.

Thank you very much in advance"

I'll post here whatever feedback I get.

Mail just fired. Content below:

The Blu-Ray in this compilation, with serial number 294349 DB44459-01 Optimal Media Production L0/L1,

That's exactly the same version I have trouble with myself, on 3 different players (Oppo, Pioneer and Asus)

I've been contacted back and asked for a picture of the data side of the disk, I'll reply back in the afternoon.
I'm really glad to see some reaction after all this time!

I've been contacted back and asked for a picture of the data side of the disk, I'll reply back in the afternoon.
I'm really glad to see some reaction after all this time!
Sorry, I'm not sure who you contacted, can you post the contact e-mail again, thanks.
EDIT......just checked my e-mails. I have had a response from Andy E... thanks..

Back