Question about B,S&T 8 Track Tapes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadly McQuadmeister

Question 1: Was Nuclear Blues ever issued on 8 Track? (1980)
Question 2: Was More Than Ever ever issued on 8 Track? (1976-the last Columbia album)

I've been trying to do a round up of things that I vigorously ignored back in the day and now that I've gone through my RS-858DUS again and tightened everything up on it, I'm starting to eye Quad tapes.
(Generally speaking I don't see many I can/will afford.)

I've got Mirror Image on LP. After setting up my recently acquired Pioneer QD-210 (bought for not a lot of money, shipping was more than the decoder) I see now that there's not a lot of affection for it.

It does at least appear to be working well though, at least on SQ. There's separation from front to back that's reasonable. Which is more than I can say for the QD-240. It's two speeds are (thus far) Nothing to passing Two Channel in "2 channel" mode.

I'm reading that the Tate/Fosgate and Lafayette (big surprises to me, but again, I wasn't in the market during Quad's rise and precipitous fall) are the decoders of choice.

If I have to leave my traditional favored Classic audio brand (Pioneer) what should I look for that's affordable/attainable?

I know this is a multitopic thread, but I try not to post more threads than I can accurately keep up with....TIA,

Last edited:
Personal SQ decoder of choice = Involve Surround Master SQ Vinyl edition :)

The Mirror Image SQ LP thru it is stunning imho, I can send you samples of this album decoded by the Surround Master, just drop me a PM.

Back