DTS CDs for $19.99 CAD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi everyone,

I've purchased a copy of the DTS CD of Edgar Winter's Jasmine Nightdreams from this Amazon.ca Marketplace seller a few days ago and I've realized that they offer others DTS CDs for the same price. I thought I'd pass on the info to you bunch. :)

Maybe these are actually offered cheaper elsewhere. I admit not doing any research on these. I'm simply being impulsive. :D

Vital Information - Global Beat

Mystic Moods - Erogenous

Mystic Moods - Stormy Memories

Joey Curtin - Once Upon A Time

They have one copy left of Jasmine Nightdreams

Some of them may not be super hot albums, but maybe a collector will find a title in there that was missing from his collection.

Hi everyone,

I've purchased a copy of the DTS CD of Edgar Winter's Jasmine Nightdreams from this Amazon.ca Marketplace seller a few days ago and I've realized that they offer others DTS CDs for the same price. I thought I'd pass on the info to you bunch. :)

Maybe these are actually offered cheaper elsewhere. I admit not doing any research on these. I'm simply being impulsive. :D

Vital Information - Global Beat

Mystic Moods - Erogenous

Mystic Moods - Stormy Memories

Joey Curtin - Once Upon A Time

They have one copy left of Jasmine Nightdreams

Some of them may not be super hot albums, but maybe a collector will find a title in there that was missing from his collection.

Oh! Good sleuthing, Simon! (y)

The Erogenous and Global Beat DTS CDs are excellent...!!

The former is an old Brad Miller Quad, lots of rainy weather effects and general sexy time bay-bee making muzak (just my cuppa tea :smokin).. and Global Beat is 80's jazzy fusion stuff (Steve Smith, Mike Stern, Tim Landers.. Andy Narell's on a track or two as well iirc).

If you don't have those two already, please do snap them up, they're great! :upthumb

(Stormy Memories.. I don't remember! :eek: ...probably one of the Brad Miller predominantly spoken word/sound effect things like Highway One?
Of the Brad Miller label Quad > DTS output the essentials for me are; Erogenous, Bright Side Of The Moon & Cosmic Force - apart from the multi disc Movie Tracks which is just sound effects - those other three have some great funky 70's music on them imho, all with excellent Quad mixes and sound quality.)

oh and Joey Curtin, I know some love it but for me it is pretty poor from a surround p.o.v (one of the most pointless DTS CD releases imho, solo musician, not v.well presented in surround iirc :eek: )

Nice one, thanks Simon! I love Joey Curtin, though I must agree, there's little surround here. That's because it's mostly just solo piano. Really beautiful music. That said, several songs have additional layers of synths in the rears. And the last one has a steam locomotive in the rears, so there's that ;-)

So, to conclude, don't judge the disc from the Allmusic samples. It does sound better :-D

Nice one, thanks Simon! I love Joey Curtin, though I must agree, there's little surround here. That's because it's mostly just solo piano. Really beautiful music. That said, several songs have additional layers of synths in the rears. And the last one has a steam locomotive in the rears, so there's that ;-)

So, to conclude, don't judge the disc from the Allmusic samples. It does sound better :-D

The Joey Curtin title slipped my radar so I just ordered the last copy from AmazonUS for about $10.44 [w/free prime shipping]. Thanks for the recommendation.

From a surround point of view I fear you may be underwhelmed, Ralph.. musically/performance-wise might hit the spot though! :)

I'm a sucker for choo choo trains in the rear speaker. One of my very favorite guilty pleasures was the FIRST Mystic Moods Orchestra album (LP) on the Philips label called One Stormy Night with one entire cut devoted to a train in the distance getting louder and louder as it approaches and then disappearing into the abyss.........and it was recorded by Brad Miller.....of MoFi fame. Finally have a remastered version on RBCD and it's still hauntingly beautiful.

ALL ABOARD!

I'm a sucker for choo choo trains in the rear speaker. One of my very favorite guilty pleasures was the FIRST Mystic Moods Orchestra album (LP) on the Philips label called One Stormy Night with one entire cut devoted to a train in the distance getting louder and louder as it approaches and then disappearing into the abyss.........and it was recorded by Brad Miller.....of MoFi fame. Finally have a remastered version on RBCD and it's still hauntingly beautiful.

ALL ABOARD!

If you listen to the iTunes clips for the track called Dreaming on the Stormy Memories DTS CD listed in my first post, you'll here the distant sound of a train. :D

Brad Miller's first recordings in the 1960's were all railroad themed....you can go dig out old back issues of "Trains" magazine and see advertisements from MFSL for "Whistlin' Thru Dixie" and others...

If you listen to the iTunes clips for the track called Dreaming on the Stormy Memories DTS CD listed in my first post, you'll here the distant sound of a train. :D

I have those Mystic Moods DTS CDs but IMO, the first few albums released on the Philips Labels are the better ones of the lot including the aforementioned One Stormy Night. Quality schmaltz, as I call it. Of course, none of those early MMO albums have ever been released in QUAD on any format so unlikely they ever will. Grab One Stormy Night if you can find a good price on it. The remastered RBCDs are very nice sounding, Simon.

https://www.amazon.com/Stormy-Night-Mystic-Moods-Orchestra/dp/B009SGOHF6

I'm happy to have snagged the Edgar Winter disc at $19.99 CAD as the seller has revised his price to $39.99 CAD. That's quite the increase in price.

Back