Into The Mist by Fiona Joy - Stereo SACD Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having received the Fiona Joy Hawkins 600 Years In A Moment Surround SACD, thought I'd update the Discogs entry to include the SACD, to help boost awareness etc..

Discogs: Fiona Joy Hawkins - 600 Years In A Moment (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD)

Thank you, Fredblue and Brian for your efforts on Fiona's behalf. I'm sure she will appreciate this and I will alert her personally..

In case I don't make it over to the thread regarding crowdfunding surround releases, here is an interesting crowdsourcing company for vinyl that might give someone ideas to crowdsource surround in a similar fashion. I've never used their service and don't know how viable it is, but just to say others are thinking about crowdsourcing for formats.
https://qrates.com/

Since coming to this thread, I have been more inspired to think about surround for our own label and others. I am investigating the potential of building a surround mix room. I'll let you know how it goes.

Enjoy your music!
Cookie Marenco
Blue Coast Music Group

Thank you, Fredblue and Brian for your efforts on Fiona's behalf. I'm sure she will appreciate this and I will alert her personally..

In case I don't make it over to the thread regarding crowdfunding surround releases, here is an interesting crowdsourcing company for vinyl that might give someone ideas to crowdsource surround in a similar fashion. I've never used their service and don't know how viable it is, but just to say others are thinking about crowdsourcing for formats.
https://qrates.com/

Since coming to this thread, I have been more inspired to think about surround for our own label and others. I am investigating the potential of building a surround mix room. I'll let you know how it goes.

Enjoy your music!
Cookie Marenco
Blue Coast Music Group

Thank you Cookie!

Good to see you again :)

Oh how exciting! That is wonderful to hear that QQ has inspired you to create more new surround music! Wow! :wave

Please please release as much surround as you see fit! :eek:

I am sure there will be QQ members who could help you Cookie, doubt you would ever need it but there are folks here who I imagine could lend a hand with advice or practical help with constructing your new surround mix room! I bet some here would jump at the chance! :eek:

If you let us know at QQ that you have new surround music "out there" (or downloadable even! :D ) then I for one will buy it all and I think (but never presume!) that there could well be other surround devotees here who will similarly buy your surround music productions.

(Case in point; I had no idea any of these Fiona Joy Hawkins SACDs existed in Surround..! .. or I would definitely have bought them all already.!).

All the best,
behind you all the way!
Adam

Blue Coast Music is now taking pre-orders for the Stereo SACD edition of Into The Mist by Fiona Joy.
Pre-order price is $30.

I have the album in Stereo DSD 256 download format.
Very well done. Recommended.

Into The Mist.png

http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.net/fiona-joy-into-the-mist

The Hybrid Stereo SACD edition of Into The Mist by pianist Fiona Joy will get its official launch at the upcoming LA Audio Show at the Sheraton Gateway at LAX Hotel in Los Angeles.
Fiona Joy and producer Cookie Marenco will host a Launch Party on Saturday, June 3, 2017, from 3 pm to 5 pm at the Sony Magic Bus exhibit.

"Saturday, June 3. is likely to be a "Red Letter" day for Southern Californians and others who are fans of contemporary piano music. That will be the day that Fiona Joy, unveils her new solo piano album, "Into the Mist." The official launch will be at the three-day Los Angeles Audio Show at the Sheraton Gateway at LAX. And Fiona herself will be debuting the album at a "Listening Fest" from 3 to 5 PM on June 3, at the Sony Sponsored Hi-Res Magic Bus, located near the hotel's main entrance.

"We are thrilled to be the setting for this important debut," said Marine Presson, Show Director for LAAS. "It is one more noteworthy expression of our theme 'Hear to Make Music.' Fiona, along with BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel and other events, performers and exhibitors set this show apart in its dedication to music," she added.

"Into the Mist" is the second album for the acclaimed Australian musician. The first, "Signature Solo," was well received and won a number of recording awards. Both are on the Blue Coast Records, which is also an exhibitor at the Show.

This worldwide release will include SACD, CD, and high-resolution audio download formats as well as Internet radio. The neo-classical program, a #1 album at Blue Coast Music for high-resolution audio sales, was recorded in and released as DSD256. It may be downloaded in additional formats as 44.1kHz (WAV), 96kHz (FLAC) 2.8 MHz (DSF), 5. 6MHz (DSF) and 11.2MHz (DSF) files.

Cookie Marenco, founder of Blue Coast Records, recorded, mixed and mastered the album using her proprietary recording technique called Extended Sound Environment (E.S.E.) that includes recording the musicians in the studio without headphones or overdubs onto DSD or analog tape. Into the Mist was recorded in a single take using the E.S.E technique.

Blue Coast will have a model studio set up at the Show and after the official launch of the album, held in conjunction with Sony and the Magic Bus, Ms. Joy and Ms. Marenco will host a tour of the studio. While the Fiona Joy album debut is set for the first day of the LA Audio Show, other Blue Coast artists will appear during the course of the Show's three-day run.

Single-day tickets for the Show are available for $25 by pre-registering at the show's website: http://www.laaudioshow.com/register Discounted 2- and 3-day tickets are also available."

http://www.laaudioshow.com

might there ever be a MultiCh version of this album made available as with previous albums by this artist?

It's possible. I talked with Fiona Joy at the show and she did mention a growing interest in Multichannel releases.

Back