America - America SACD (Stereo) Audio Fidelity / Recommend?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it in both red book CD and the SACD. The SACD has more clarity and ambience and even more evident when heard in faux 7.1 using DPLIIx or Logic7. Highly recommended.

AR

It's a great sounding disc and I like the content, it's one that reminds me not to ignore stereo hi res releases.

If you're in the mood for more (PCM) hi-res stereo America, all of their '71 to '77 Warner Bros. albums are available as individual 192/24 downloads from the usual places (HDTracks etc.) and also as a collection that saves you about $50 on buying them individually. The masterings are also really nice - they appear to be full dynamic range or very near to it (within 1dB of the old 80's/early 90's CDs) and they have a really nice mellow sound. I can't technically say if they're 'flat transfers' or not, but the frequency response sounds very even to me across the whole spectrum.

Looking at recent completed auctions on eBay, it looks like you can still easily score a copy for under $40. (Around 30 GBP.)

Thanks! (its good to keep a hand in, as the actress said to the bishop.. :eek: ..and I'm always mindful of what it might cost to pick up backups in case of accidents and mishaps! Now that's tempting fate just saying that, I know.. whoops! :D )

Back