Etta James & Megadeath DSD Downloads at Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Acoustic Sounds has released Stereo DSD Downloads from Etta James (At Last!) and Megadeath (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?) from Universal Music. Available for $24.98 each.

Etta James and Megadeath - New DSD Downloads at Acoustic Sounds.png

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&orderby=12&NewArrivals=true&categoryID=372

Why not just make the Megadeth Download $29.99 (or even $34.99!) and include the Hi-Res 5.1 from the long out of print DVD-Audio?

What's the deal here?
- Are Universal not offering the Surround to Acoustic Sounds at all?
- Or is the Surround on offer from Universal but Acoustic Sounds are not interested?

Is the Megadeth 'Peace Sells' download a new transfer/mastering for DSD, or the same as the mastering on the PCM download released earlier this year? The DR of the original CD was DR12 and the 2016 192/24 is DR6, making it just as bad as Dave Mustaine's 2004 remix of the album. I think I'll stick with the stereo layer of the DVD-A if so, which is a more respectable DR10.

Honestly though, DR6! I bet even a dubstep DJ would listen to that and go 'the music's pretty good, but it's a bit loud, isn't it?'

I don't know Dave.. but in the words of Etta James;

"but I would rather.. I would rather be blind.."

..no actually, she did not go far enough, God rest her.. :(

let me tell you I would rather poke my eyes out with fishforks than pay £30 quid for a shit stereo download, I don't care how high the sampling rate is, in these situations I'm mindful of the maxim; garbage in = garbage out.. unless/until it has been proven the mastering utilised is the very best quality the label could muster, a mastering without ghastly levels of dynamic range compression and without duff EQ squishing and smashing and bashing and screwing the bejesus out of it, I will simply not buy these HD download things..! :p

so, what's the frequency, Brian?

Back