Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Are Coldplay really about to release a 5.1 surround Blu-Ray of their latest album "A Head Full of Dreams"?

Look at this amazon.com listing: https://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Surround-Digital-Download-BluRay/dp/B01LEZIF3S/

91SeGzUubHL._SL1500_.jpg

(y) :music

Wow, that's weird. :) Now, for more weirdness...I've never listened to Coldplay...ever. I know ZIP about them and for some reason, I tell myself they bore me.

Blimey..! :yikes

Great find Ryan, thanks for the QQ scoop! :)

Just pre-ordered (even if it's going to set me back £28 after shipping and import duty.. I'm not missing out on this one, a 5.1 of a huge current rock/pop act that's seemingly come out of nowhere! Unless it signals Warner's really on board with Blu-ray Audio now? Better late than never eh..! :D )

I'm really happy for everyone here who like this album. I've tried many times, but this new direction of theirs just isn't for me.

Wow! That came out of nowhere. I've always been surprised that we've never had any Coldplay in 5.1 as their material is well suited for it. They've always blown hot and cold for me and unfortunately I didn't care for this one that much, but I think I'll still have to grab it. (The previous album, Ghost Stories, would be an awesome candidate for surround as would the Eno-produced Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends.) It is listed for pre-order at all the other usual suspects as well. Here are the prices:

Import CDs: $15.31
Bull Moose: $17.97
Deep Discount: $18.10

Yes!!! A current, mainstream pop/rock artist releases an album on blu-ray in 5.1? I'm all in. Pre-ordered. While I don't usually purchase their albums, I always enjoy the singles, and their music sounds made for surround (the only one I own is "X&Y", which is fantastic)... this album sounds a little more techno/dance oriented than previous efforts but seems to have a very dense/lush musical landscape that should sound better when separated into 5.1. Great News!!!

Wow! That came out of nowhere. I've always been surprised that we've never had any Coldplay in 5.1 as their material is well suited for it. They've always blown hot and cold for me and unfortunately I didn't care for this one that much, but I think I'll still have to grab it. (The previous album, Ghost Stories, would be an awesome candidate for surround as would the Eno-produced Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends.) It is listed for pre-order at all the other usual suspects as well. Here are the prices:

Import CDs: $15.31
Bull Moose: $17.97
Deep Discount: $18.10

Even though this is not a studio recording 5.1 release, there is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Stories-Live-Cd-Blu-ray/dp/B00OIWHHLG/

Wow, that's weird. :) Now, for more weirdness...I've never listened to Coldplay...ever. I know ZIP about them and for some reason, I tell myself they bore me.
Gene buddy, where have you been hiding? ;) Just kidding, in Euroland they are on the radio a lot. I stopped buying their albums after the fourth I guess. Still some catchy tunes after that, but a bit too mainstream. Still nice to see this coming to 5.1. Hopefully the start of something beautiful, oh wait that band is already in 5.1.

I just saw Coldplay two nights ago at Levi Stadium and one of the best concerts ever, over the top production and lights. I wil certainly purchase this new release however I also find A Head Full Of Dreams almost too poppy for me. The two younger women singers that opened for them where straight up teenybopper music, ugh!
But as skherbeck said, new music in surround we have to support. Like buying organic food.

Oh boy, conflicted here... Not much of a coldplay fan, but I can't help but feel a certain obligation to support whenever something like this comes along... Not to mention that it's a stand-alone bluray release.

Bullmoose has it for 14.97 and 2.99 shipping used my bullmoose points got it for half off 10.48 all together with shipping included........Yeah Snood is in for that price :banana:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23619370

Bullmoose has it for 14.97 and 2.99 shipping used my bullmoose points got it for half off 10.48 all together with shipping included........Yeah Snood is in for that price :banana:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23619370

$14.97?? Holy crap that's cheap... Dangit, what to do... :confused:

This one sure comes as another surprise in a year that has already had many 5.1 surprises in it.
I liked early Coldplay later albums not as much.
Will probably order this one but might wait to hear what people say about the mix on this one and don't see a preorder from amazon.ca on this one, if its in same price range as USA prices then it will be a preorder as well other wise order after release date for me as some other good releases already coming out in same time frame so its not like we are lacking for choices right now.

I wonder who the mixing engineer is. Does anyone know?

From Tapatalk

Back