3 Fiona Joy Albums on Hybrid Multichannel SACDs from CD Baby

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried purchasing the 600 Years in a Moment SACD, but the website couldn't give me a shipping cost to the UK, so wouldn't allow me to progress any further. I've sent a contact message, so hopefully it'll get resolved.

Thanks for posting Fiona's comments (I'm not sure why but I didn't realise Blue Dream was in MCH (nor of Bob Ludwig's involvement). I will order this SACD today!

Neither did I! Once the shipping is resolved I'll add it.

Thanks for posting Fiona's comments (I'm not sure why but I didn't realise Blue Dream was in MCH (nor of Bob Ludwig's involvement). I will order this SACD today!

Hi Cookie,

any chance there will be more Fiona Joy SACDs in multichannel?

For those QQers wanting 5.1 this one is still available in MCH:
http://littlehartleymusic.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=299

I just tried purchasing the 600 Years in a Moment SACD, but the website couldn't give me a shipping cost to the UK, so wouldn't allow me to progress any further. I've sent a contact message, so hopefully it'll get resolved.

Really sorry about the shipping issue - I am in a need of a website over-haul - its sending me nuts actually.

You will be better off to use cdbaby - its cheaper for shipping when outside Australia and its currently more reliable than my website.

This link shows all three SACD titles.
http://www.cdbaby.com/Search/ZmlvbmEgam95IGhhd2tpbnMgU0FDRA==/0

I have three SACDs: Blue Dream (Steinway), 600 Years in a Moment and Christmas Joy are both on a hand made Aussie 102 key Stuart and Son's piano. I used the 4 sustain pedals on Christmas Joy to get a more bell like quality to the sound. Chrissy Joy isn't everyone's cup of tea, but one of my personal favourite albums and I had lots of fun trying to avoid Christmas cliches. All three produced Will Ackerman, Corin Nelson, mastered Bob Ludwig, authored Gus Skinas. Blue Dream is 68 minutes as a single piece of music (like a film score) - it has 22 index points so you can move through the themes and mixed as a soundscape rather than a sound stage - for example: didge jumps from the front to the back, vocals swirl around your head, violin enters front right, exits back left. 600 Years in a Moment used ancient instruments from around the world with contemporary piano composition (Paraguayan harp, Morin Khuur, percussion, didge, Bawu etc) - more of a World/New Age/Neo-Calssical album.

Possibly the world's fastest synopsis for a group of projects that took many years to complete! :) If you want to know more, please feel free to email.

Thanks so much for the enquiry.

I thought I replied earlier but nothing showed? REally long answer with title explanation too..... darn.

Use Cdbaby - they have all three of my SACD titles and can post cheaper than from Australia. I'm having website issues - sorry.

All SACDs produced Will Ackerman, Corin Nelsen, Mastered Bob Ludwig, Authored Gus Skinas and they show on this link:

Oh well hello there! :eek:

Welcome to QQ! :wave

Edit: Ps. I have to turn in v.soon unfortunately but hope to see you and Cookie v.soon! :upthumb

Thanks Fred. Living in the future does make things tricky! Its only 11am here in Australia - still before the second cup of coffee.

I tried answering an earlier post and had thought I had done so twice on where to find my three SACDs (as my website is playing up and in need of a massive over-haul) - but the posts aren't' showing??? I'm a newbie to forums - haven't really got the time, but having fun reading - BTW some of you guys are crazy! :) LOL

Thanks Fred. Living in the future does make things tricky! Its only 11am here in Australia - still before the second cup of coffee.

I tried answering an earlier post and had thought I had done so twice on where to find my three SACDs (as my website is playing up and in need of a massive over-haul) - but the posts aren't' showing??? I'm a newbie to forums - haven't really got the time, but having fun reading - BTW some of you guys are crazy! :) LOL

Welcome to QQ Fiona!

I just ordered two of your MCH SACDs from your website using PayPal and all went ok (I'm ordering from AU so maybe the issue is with overseas addresses only?)

BTW: Adam (fredblue) is the only crazy one here :)

Hint for QQ members: There are two versions of Blue Dream on Fiona's website (MCH & stereo) so lookout for the MCH!

Got 600 Years In A Moment on the way from Amazon UK (it was like £8 or something! ..hopefully the SACD turns up and not some other version.. :D )
actively looking out for Miss Joy's other two now..

Edit: that sounded saucier than it was meant to! I meant looking for Fiona Joy's other two SACDs of course! Phew! :eek: )

Really sorry about the shipping issue - I am in a need of a website over-haul - its sending me nuts actually.

You will be better off to use cdbaby - its cheaper for shipping when outside Australia and its currently more reliable than my website.

This link shows all three SACD titles.

I have three SACDs: Blue Dream (Steinway), 600 Years in a Moment and Christmas Joy are both on a hand made Aussie 102 key Stuart and Son's piano. I used the 4 sustain pedals on Christmas Joy to get a more bell like quality to the sound. Chrissy Joy isn't everyone's cup of tea, but one of my personal favourite albums and I had lots of fun trying to avoid Christmas cliches. All three produced Will Ackerman, Corin Nelson, mastered Bob Ludwig, authored Gus Skinas. Blue Dream is 68 minutes as a single piece of music (like a film score) - it has 22 index points so you can move through the themes and mixed as a soundscape rather than a sound stage - for example: didge jumps from the front to the back, vocals swirl around your head, violin enters front right, exits back left. 600 Years in a Moment used ancient instruments from around the world with contemporary piano composition (Paraguayan harp, Morin Khuur, percussion, didge, Bawu etc) - more of a World/New Age/Neo-Calssical album.

Possibly the world's fastest synopsis for a group of projects that took many years to complete! :) If you want to know more, please feel free to email.

Thanks so much for the enquiry.

I have the three albums and while they are not 10's they are very good. My favorite is the Christmas album.

ALL 3 RECOMMENDED!

Help me out! What's the cheapest place to get Christmas Joy and Blue Dreams SACDs shipped to the UK please guys?

Don't want to be tight or do anyone (least of all the artist herself who is here in residence now! :worthy ) out of any dough ..but I do all this Hi-res/Surround stuff on some kind of a budget, as we all do I guess.. it's a budget that's constantly blown but I do try, so help a pal out with some linky links to rinky dinks..!! :ugham:

Thanks for the cdbaby link.

I have ordered the Christmas album twice from amazon, getting only the cd both times. Now I am trying cdbaby, hoping to finally getting the sacd.

I have the two other albums/sacds - that I like a lot!

THANKS for the order - awesome, I'm off to the post office with it now. I was trying to post the cdbaby link where all three 5.1 SACDs come up at once.

Maybe it will work this time.

Sorry Fiona, you were trapped by the anti-spam software. "New Members" are not allowed to post internet links in their posts until they have 10 posts. This keeps the spammers from posting about the great deals on home refinancing and stuff like that.

I boosted your post count to 15 so you can now post without issue. Post all of the links you like. This was explained in the welcome blurb, but as all long verbiage deals, most people never read them, they just click 'AGREE'. :)

Thanks for the cdbaby link.

I have ordered the Christmas album twice from amazon, getting only the cd both times. Now I am trying cdbaby, hoping to finally getting the sacd.

I have the two other albums/sacds - that I like a lot!

I'm so sorry about the Amazon inefficiency. I often find myself at the mercy of website issues and distributor mistakes.

I LOVE cdbaby for being reliable, cheaper and faster with shipping and the little note they send out just after you order is priceless!

fiona

Help me out! What's the cheapest place to get Christmas Joy and Blue Dreams SACDs shipped to the UK please guys?

Don't want to be tight or do anyone (least of all the artist herself who is here in residence now! :worthy ) out of any dough ..but I do all this Hi-res/Surround stuff on some kind of a budget, as we all do I guess.. it's a budget that's constantly blown but I do try, so help a pal out with some linky links to rinky dinks..!! :ugham:

I reckon Cdbaby are the best - but I have actually never purchased one of my own SACDs. :)

Back