SQUEEEE!!! New Lichtmond album announced!! Atmos 9.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Oh God, there goes Matt again, screaming like a little kid on Christmas morning about Lichtmond :-D

Well, what can I say. The 3 existing Lichtmond albums are among the most mind-blowing surround experiences I know, so I'm really excited there's another one coming! Today, they revealed the official website for Lichtmond 4 - The Journey. The new one comes on 2D/3D Blu-Ray again, featuring 5.1, 7.1 and also Auro 3D 9.1 sound for the first time.

On the website, you can listen to some of the tracks from the new album (including a cover of Robert Miles' "Children" with newly written lyrics!).

Am I pre-ordering this baby?! You bet your sweet surround-loving butts I am! :-D

Now excuse me while I jump up and down like an idiot for a bit. Like, a few days. Hehe.

Oh God, there goes Matt again, screaming like a little kid on Christmas morning about Lichtmond :-D

Well, what can I say. The 3 existing Lichtmond albums are among the most mind-blowing surround experiences I know, so I'm really excited there's another one coming! Today, they revealed the official website for Lichtmond 4 - The Journey. The new one comes on 2D/3D Blu-Ray again, featuring 5.1, 7.1 and also Auro 3D 9.1 sound for the first time.

On the website, you can listen to some of the tracks from the new album (including a cover of Robert Miles' "Children" with newly written lyrics!).

Am I pre-ordering this baby?! You bet your sweet surround-loving butts I am! :-D

Now excuse me while I jump up and down like an idiot for a bit. Like, a few days. Hehe.

Love 'em too, great news it is :51banana:

I'm happy to see another Lichtmond album is being released. Clearly a lot of work goes into these discs. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to enjoy them. The fidelity is good, as is the surround mix, but the music just doesn't connect with me. It just leaves me feeling.... I dunno... cold somehow. It feels manufactured, to me. I WANT to like it, but I just can't.

Anyways... to each his own. I am glad you like it!

I'm happy to see another Lichtmond album is being released. Clearly a lot of work goes into these discs. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to enjoy them. The fidelity is good, as is the surround mix, but the music just doesn't connect with me. It just leaves me feeling.... I dunno... cold somehow. It feels manufactured, to me. I WANT to like it, but I just can't.

I hear ya man, been there with plenty of bands/projects :) I agree it's always awesome to see great surround stuff coming out, no matter what!

I only have Lichtmond 3 and the only mix I ever play is the "chill-out" 5.1 mix because it is pure instrumental. I don't like the Lichtmond vocals.

My favourite part of this thread is the "SQUEEEE!!!" in the title. :D

I think we should have more thread titles that start this way. ;)

I only have Lichtmond 3 and the only mix I ever play is the "chill-out" 5.1 mix because it is pure instrumental. I don't like the Lichtmond vocals.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning this when LM3 came out. It's funny, growing up in Germany in the mid-90s, I remember there were a bunch of songs on the radio over a span of 1-2 years that all had these girly voices. I think Robert Miles' "One and One" started it, and then a bunch of artists appeared on the scene with similar singing styles. Donna Lewis' "I love you always forever" was around the same time.

At first, I couldn't stand the vocals either, but over time, I came to appreciate them, and today, it's a throwback to my teenage years. Might be one reason I like Lichtmond so much ;-)

Yeah, I remember you mentioning this when LM3 came out. It's funny, growing up in Germany in the mid-90s, I remember there were a bunch of songs on the radio over a span of 1-2 years that all had these girly voices. I think Robert Miles' "One and One" started it, and then a bunch of artists appeared on the scene with similar singing styles. Donna Lewis' "I love you always forever" was around the same time.

At first, I couldn't stand the vocals either, but over time, I came to appreciate them, and today, it's a throwback to my teenage years. Might be one reason I like Lichtmond so much ;-)

Hopefully "The Journey" has a "chill-out" mix. I'd buy it for sure. The Lichtmond 3 chill-out mix is one of my prized surround discs.

You may be referring to the radio industry's reaction to the advent of Lilith Faire in Canada and the U.S., where a lot more female artists found their way to Adult Contemporary and Pop radio - an added benefit of Sarah McLachlan's intention to get more female acts on the road, to prove to the concert promoters that women could be just as much of a draw as men. It really was a much more misongynistic business back then. It has also been a longstanding prejudice in the radio world that you just don't play female artists back-to-back without sticking a little testosterone in-between. For some radio formats, this is still a prevalent situation that is backed up with ratings and audience test results.

For me, music has always been more about a beguiling voice singing lyrics, as opposed to the swagger and screaming that is more common in male performances, particularly in rock. The casual music fan appears to respond more to music based on a hook, and fist-pumping.

I'll be looking forward to hearing what Lichmond has for us this time around.

Another winner in my book!

Sure, I pretty much knew what I was gonna get, but hey, in cases like this, I'm more than happy to have my expectations confirmed :)

No instrumental "chill-out" mix on this one, and of course this Lichtmond 4 won't change anybody's mind about the series. But if you liked the first ones, you should definitely go for this one. It's excellent and I love it! Top-notch mixing and sound quality, and in my case, more fodder for the 7.1 setup on top :)

This has indeed an active Atmos soundtrack, 11.1 discreetness! Plenty of action from the 4 speakers in the ceiling. Just makes me happy to listen to - lots of panning and sounds coming from everywhere. This one goes to 11.

Just got Journey last week, my first Lichtmond album. The use of Atmos is the best I've ever heard on my 5.2.4 system! I've got a copy of 3 on the way now, I'm hoping the Auro recording is half as good as the Atmos on #4!

Just got Journey last week, my first Lichtmond album. The use of Atmos is the best I've ever heard on my 5.2.4 system! I've got a copy of 3 on the way now, I'm hoping the Auro recording is half as good as the Atmos on #4!

And if you have a 3D enabled TV, Sal, some of those Lichtmond Videos are OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Back