Nektar - Journey to the Centre of the Eye SACD+2CD reissued on 16/11/18

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the new reissue of "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" in, and it DEFINITELY contains a 5.1 surround sound SACD.
The other two discs are regular audio CDs labeled "Recorded November 13, 1971 at Bessunger Turnhalle in Darmstadt, Germany"
The live audio on these two extra CDs must be from an audience bootleg because the quality is very poor, but the good news obviously is that yes, this is a 5.1 surround sound SACD that you can buy for $17 (or even less) so don't hesitate to get one! :)

Yep, got mine too. :)

I just got the new reissue of "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" in, and it DEFINITELY contains a 5.1 surround sound SACD.
The other two discs are regular audio CDs labeled "Recorded November 13, 1971 at Bessunger Turnhalle in Darmstadt, Germany"
The live audio on these two extra CDs must be from an audience bootleg because the quality is very poor, but the good news obviously is that yes, this is a 5.1 surround sound SACD that you can buy for $17 (or even less) so don't hesitate to get one! :)

How does the sacd sound ? I forgot about this one, so haven't pulled the trigger yet.

How does the sacd sound ? I forgot about this one, so haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I don't think I will have time to go through the entire SACD today (since I also received "Stand Up", "Out of Time" and two Blu-Ray documentaries too!) but when I do I will post my thoughts on it on QQ.

:)

I'm listening now. Of course, we either love the music or we don't. So, non issue. The fidelity is average. The surround mix is OK. Severely lacking any sort of bass whatsoever.

So - I think it sounds thin, and sort of pathetic. This will be a dust collector for me.

I still have not been through this full SACD again since I originally heard it several years ago, but from memory, it was always the weaker effort of the two Nektar SACDs (the other being "Remember the Future").
With that being said, I'm very glad that Purple Pyramid & Cleopatra Records have seen fit to release this SACD again after it's been out-of-print for so long.
I sent them a message through their website encouraging them to also reissue the SACDs of "Remember the Future" and "Live in New York", and I even mentioned the Quadraphonic mix of "Down to Earth".
Anyway, let's at least see if they can reissue "Remember the Future", the best Nektar album.

:)

I just got my discs from WOWHD.
I hadn´t heard the group before but bought it right away as it was so cheap.

Now i found this thread and it has been interesting to read.
I have never heard of the group before.
I can´t say if i will listen to this often yet, but i´m happy i bought it.

Nektar_fram.jpgNektar_bak.jpg

Back