Djabe surround releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djabe

Hi,

You can ask any questions about the Djabe surround titles, production, ordering possibilities etc.

Lookimg forward to hear from you

Attila Egerhazi
Djabe

This just in: The Djabe website is offering a TEMPORARY 21% discount on their entire selection of DVD~A and DVD~V discs to celebrate their anniversary. Here is the link (provided by poster haikubass): http://djabe.hu/en/product-category/dvd/dvd-audio/

These are incredible sounding discs and the band is an extraordinary amalgam of jazz and funk....always melodic and very HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I have never seen these prices SO low so I would recommend you take advantage of this sale....especially since the Euro exchange rate is so agreeable for non~European customers.

Last edited:
Hi,

You can ask any questions about the Djabe surround titles, production, ordering possibilities etc.

Lookimg forward to hear from you

Attila Egerhazi
Djabe

Thanks! Which particular albums would you recommend to someone new to the Djabe catalog?

Which titles are available in surround format?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks! Which particular albums would you recommend to someone new to the Djabe catalog?

Which titles are available in surround format?

Thanks,

Steve

Highly recommended: http://djabe.hu/en/js_albums/witchi-tai-to-2014-edition/ as well as Sheafs Are Dancing and Slices Of Life. ALL DVD~Audio discs are MLP DVD~A 5.1 If you click onto the various discs they will bring you to a link further describing the various track selections, musicians involved and the resolution of each disc if you follow the >> symbol.

The DVDs are standard resolution discs [480p] and some of the audio discs are DTS 5.1 with MLP Stereo Tracks. Do check out each disc before ordering. But they ARE very pricey on the various Amazon websites so this is a golden opportunity to order at these TEMPORARY sale prices.

Today I received in perfect condition from Hungary 6 Djabe MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs. The 6th disc was a free GIFT from the group entitled 'Ly~0~Lay ALL Loya.' Am currently playing the fantastic 'Witchi Tai To.'

I'm still thrilled that for under $57, DELIVERED, I received a total of SIX MLP 5.1 titles all in Super Audio Jewel Cases.

And make no mistake, these are quality, exceptionally well recorded/mastered, highly discrete DVD~As from a band who should be more widely known.:banana:

FYI

You can even buy Djabe stereo R2R master tapes: http://djabe.hu/en/album_category/reel-to-reel/?events=next :worthy

It would be funny if they produced and released quad reels, too :cool:

Wow......what a revelation! If only my Revox A77 which has the capacity for NAB hubbed reels did 15 ips. It only plays back at 3 3/4 and 7 1/2 but does have dolby b encoding. That price is incredible [62 Euros]: http://djabe.hu/en/uzlet/new-dimensions-update-live-2-savos-mesterszalag/

I have managed to play all SIX newly acquired Djabe DVD~As this week and can enthusiastically report they're all quite brilliant. The sonics and mastering are beyond reproach. Wish these guys were more widely known. It's not often a group's body of work is this eclectic. Each and every album is diverse and covers so many musical ranges.

And if their surround mixes were more discrete then that would be the nirvana for me :mad:@: .

Hi Attila,
could you please confirm if the new album comes with a surround mix, too?
Looking forward to complete my collection (again)! ;)
DjabeHírek.jpg

DjabeFirst Album Revisited - 25th anniversary box-set w/ 2CD+DVD-V
Pre-order is up for 25th November release:
https://djabe.hu/en/uzlet/djabe-first-album-revisited-2cd-dvd/2CD+DVD in separate wallets with 72-page booklet inserted in slipcase; in addition to detailed information on the tracks, the small booklet also includes the history and origins of the album, members’ recollections of current works, and track-by-track analysis.
CD1 – Refreshed
CD2 – Then & Now
DVD – Surrounded

The third disc is a DVD featuring the full original album and another 5 old-new tracks in both 24 bit/96k Hz high-definition stereo and 24/96 dts surround. The album concludes with three concert video recordings from the Djabe20 concert. CD 2 and the DVD were mixed by Tamás Barabás, working close with Attila Égerházi, producer of the album.
Dbox.jpg

Djabe released their first CD in November 1996.
On the occasion of its 25th anniversary, the band will surprise fans with a 3-disc expanded reissue.
The first Djabe album, recorded between June 1995 and September 1996, was already noticed by both the audience and the professional scene. It was created by the two founders of Djabe, percussionist András Sipos (1954 – 2007) and guitarist Attila Égerházi. They were joined by Tibor Karvaly, a violinist from the former Novus Jam band of Égerházi and Sipos, for the recordings. Among the invited musicians were saxophonist Ferenc Muck, bassist Tamás Barabás and trumpet and violin player Ferenc Kovács. From the criticisms of the time, the opinion of the American writer Mike Ezzo should be highlighted, who predicted, right from the first album, that Djabe would achieve significant success and a great career internationally. And he was right.
In recent years, Djabe released successive versions of the first records of its career, in both refurbished, remixed LP and surround sound. On the part of the band’s fans, both at home and abroad, there was a demand for vinyl and surround releases related to the first album. The possibility of renovation first arose in 2016, when Tibor Karvaly joined the line-up of the Djabe20 anniversary concert. There were also two tracks from the first CD that Djabe had never performed live before: Hagar Qim and Déjà Vu.
Attila Égerházi searched the archive for the original multitrack tapes, which had to be “baked” in the Abbey Road Studio in London, i.e. made playable again.
Studio work began at the time of the COVID-related closures. Attila Égerházi and Tibor Karvaly worked on the material for 8 months, joined by Ferenc Muck and Tamás Barabás for the last 3 months.

The cover artwork, including the band's logo, is evocative of Roger Dean.

I've just read an email about this live album, only 18Euro DVD with surround & CD.
Edit: Released 23 April 2022
Djabe | Djabe: Witchi Tai To Live 2019 CD/DVD – GR-155 - Djabe

1647982088272.png
1647982274797.png

Djabe: Witchi Tai To Live 2019
GR1993 Records, CD+ DVD digipak – GR-155

The CD is a 30 minute longer version compared to the LP, with a significant addition from the Flow album. The DVD is packed together with a CD that includes the entire concert in high definition stereo and surround sound. This is also interesting because the band also played live surround sound at the concert. The publication faithfully reproduces the sound the audience heard in the theater.

DVD Part 1 | 45:44
1. Visions
2. Djabe
3. Early Morning Snow
4. Coffee Break
5. Tulanben
6. Gallop
7. Venezia
8. Witchi Tai To
9. Final World
DVD Part 2 | 54:06
10. Flow
11. Another Dive
12. White Bears
13. Curved Mirror
14. Deep Lights
15. Message From 7759
16. Distant Dance

CD | 78:22
1. Visions
2. Djabe
3. Early Morning Snow
4. Coffee Break
5. Gallop
6. Venezia
7. Witchi Tai To
8. Final World
9. Another Dive
10. Curved Mirror
11. Deep Lights
12. Message From 7759
13. Distant Dance

Last edited:
This sale comes just in time, before I blow all my Black Friday funds elsewhere.
Ordered the first album, Sheafs Are Dancing and Life is a Journey, all on DVD-A/DVD-V

Back