Jeff Beck's "Wired"....now available as multi-channel hybrid SACD from Japan Sony

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Cool! This will fit right in with the other "big" replica SACDs in the series

Beck Wired.jpg

Oh yeah!!! phuking great news indeed!!! Just what I need to get me out of this music slump!!!!I always thought the Hammer band was really good. Saw the Beck-Hammer show.

Hits the streets November 2nd.

CANNOT WAIT... WOW..!!!

Sony Japan, please once you're done with the Jeff Beck Quads, work your magic on all of Santana's Quads..!!!???

Sony Japan, please once you're done with the Jeff Beck Quads, work your magic on all of Santana's Quads..!!!???

That would be great!

I'm glad to see that Sony Japan is going forward with another Jeff Beck Quad release.

Of course, right after you ordered the stereo hybrid SACD version from Analogue Productions.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/EICP-10004
Fuck yeah "Wired" in quad. I've been fairly vocal about this one being possible even if the master tapes in the US are in poor shape, or have some other quality issue.

It's been a vague description (I heard) of the Wired quad tape's unusable condition. I even heard that the stereo tapes of this album are shot as well. Whatever, Sony Japan are going to find that they have a nice SACD hit on their hands in unless the tapes really don't sound good at all.

Let's be positive, and imagine it's going to be killer.

See why all that cryin' and carring on moanin' about Sabbath fold-down, or WR and RTF both no quad layer, is not worth it. It's because right around the corner has always been something arriving to get excited about. This is the next thing kids, that next true evergreen class-A title. The BBA, Full Sail, and the Chicago box, Secret Treaties, etc. it's good times we are in for quad masters being excavated. Can't you tell!

What's even more special about this for me is that this will be the only version I own. Don't have the LP, no CD, no stereo SACD. Hell yes!

Fuck yeah "Wired" in quad. I've been fairly vocal about this one being possible even if the master tapes in the US are in poor shape, or have some other quality issue.

It's been a vague description (I heard) of the Wired quad tape's unusable condition. I even heard that the stereo tapes of this album are shot as well. Whatever, Sony Japan are going to find that they have a nice SACD hit on their hands in unless the tapes really don't sound good at all.

Let's be positive, and imagine it's going to be killer.

See why all that cryin' and carring on moanin' about Sabbath fold-down, or WR and RTF both no quad layer, is not worth it. It's because right around the corner has always been something arriving to get excited about. This is the next thing kids, that next true evergreen class-A title. The BBA, Full Sail, and the Chicago box, Secret Treaties, etc. it's good times we are in for quad masters being excavated. Can't you tell!

Its a free world (kinda) why can't we complain if we are unhappy about a release we perceive to be lacking..?

A paying customer being made to feel that they can't complain about what they consider to be shitty product is not a healthy situation (imho)..

..it will further promote complacency on the part of the labels (imho)..

..the last thing we here need, we already have the living piss taken out of us year in year out (imho) having to resort to buying boxes full of digital detritus and replica rubbish like facsimile concert tickets, pin badges, guitar picks, scarves, marbles and other useless toys probably made in the PRC by some impoverished 7 year old paid with a bowl of rice a day.. superfluous stuff we don't want or need (does anybody need all that crap really? just give us the music..!!) just to get the surround and then there's the reissue labels releasing Stereo only SACDs of albums with Quad mixes effectively preventing other competing labels from so doing, major labels either never including surround when mixes are available or including them in arguably pointless Stereo fold downs, etc etc..

The customer is always right.. and you've got to keep the customer satisfied (unless you're the writer of that song, Paul Simon.. and your customer wants to hear your old Quad albums in Surround, then you're fresh out of luck, apparently...) :eek:

I, like JonUrban will add this to my already complete 7" X 7" set. Wired, not quite Blow By Blow, but has it's own merits. I don't mind double dipping as I own every release of this disc. All have been good including the SHM CD stereo. I just get a little freaked out because after Blow By Blow was released and for a couple years voted by everybody one of the top 5 Japanese MCH releases, Analogue Production says they are re releasing with corrected out of phase rears. How would anyone know? Anyway I am looking forward to this new Wired release and I am fully confident that Rough And Ready will get the same treatment and be the last of the 7" X 7" Beck releases. Listening now to the fairly groovy Led Zep BBC Sessions.

Who doesn't need another version of a stone cold Classic in Quad..? ;) :eek:

It would look good next to the others.. though it won't fit alongside its little brothers, nor will it comfortably nestle in with its big brother.. no, I shall just have to stuff and mount it (and frame it.. make it look like it was somebody else with the smoking gun :smokin )

On the left is the Israeli-pressed SQ Quad LP.. and to the right, you've got from top to bottom, Anesini 2001 remaster, MFSL CD & original (I think it was late 80's) Epic CD.. the Anesini is the best sounding, imho.. the MFSL is ok sounding at best.. and the original Epic CD sounds absolutely bloody awful.. :eek:

Back